Collapse

Show me your dpm or ddpm loadouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Show me your dpm or ddpm loadouts!

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Comment

I think the vritish DPM is great grew uo round it wore it all through my cadet career and now wear it airsofting comfy and warm when it needs to be and no issues about ruining it because it's so cheap everywhere even for brand new stuff uploadfromtaptalk1441525267406.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Here you go, some pics of me doing it for real in 1995 image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Me the other day brings back memories
              Attached Files

Comment

Gonna throw my loadout in

I am attempting to make a Sargent of the 4th Mercian regiment, (I was in the cadets of the 4th merc)

My dad bought me the assault vest for the cadets and the helmet was gifted to me.
                FB_IMG_1448099565203.jpg
                FB_IMG_1448099668422.jpg
                I recently picked up a new nurpol holster for my p226 (not in shots) the loadout is a very mix matched kit and I want to get a PLCE webbing sorted at some point
                4th Mercian British Infantry Sargent (I wish )

Comment

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post

Nice outfit, Rusty. Took me a while to spot you :D
                  sigpic

Comment

My DPM Kit today...

Which consisted of an old school commercial DPM Patrol Cap, Arctic Windproof Smock & Tropical DPM Trousers.

Even my Mod'ed 58 Pattern Water Bottle has been given the DPM treatment...

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      Aye, I remember you posting that picture before mate. Infact, just seeing it again with that combo reminds me of this one of myself, which I took maybe 5/6 years ago. Out of sheer curiostiy, Id wanted to see what a WW2 Windproof Smock would look like with 68 Pattern DPM trousers & an old belt kit, having never seen it done. A few years later, the picture on the right would appear in a SAS book...

So the impressions do have some credibility after all.
                      As far as im aware the pic is of a guy on selection. He may be one of the guys who periodicaly did the runs/marches even when in as the windproof smock was popular with the old hands and instructor cadres from what i recall. In the field in actual operations it seems to be usually worn withe with 60 pattern or KD trousers or with the SBS as a full suit.

You see a lot of pics of the instructors on the escape and evasion courses wearing the windproof tops, you hardly ever see the trousers though. I think its because they are quite thin and not that durable.

Nearly every original vintage pair i've seen has been worn to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                        As far as im aware the pic is of a guy on selection.
                        Could be, theres a few possibilities on this picture.

Nearly every original vintage pair i've seen has been worn to bits.
                        Yeah, I have the matching original windproof trousers too dated '43 & in lovely condition...

Not used for gaming ofcourse, purely for the collection.

In the field in actual operations it seems to be usually worn withe with 60 pattern or KD trousers
                        Certainly a real firm favourite with the Regiment from the 50s-70s was to wear these smocks along with 50 Pattern Jungle Trousers (Trousers, Drill Green) & the odd 50 Pattern KD trousers as can be seen especially in the plethora of reference pictures in the Radfan & Dhofar in the 60s & 70s. KD was slightly less favoured seemingly because of the glare they gave though. In his book, Lofty Large mentions having to smear his with boot polish & from one 70s reference picture a pair had green blotches painted on them. But I cant say I have any plans on doing either to mine just yet...

Just talking about these smocks & trousers, this is my other post war (1962 dated) camouflage windproof smock which I picked up in the last while featuring the full zip along with one of my pairs of 50 Pattern Jungle Trousers (dated 1965)...

Both were ultimately phased out with the introduction of the DPM 'SAS' Windproof Smock (Smock Windproof Camouflage) & Tropical DPM trousers/lighweights becoming the new favourite combo.

Just to stay on topic, this is one of my early DPM 'SAS' Windproof Smocks...

One of these recently went on a certain online auction site for over £500!
                        Last edited by Brandon; 19 April, 2016, 11:04.

Comment

I was given my SAS smock in the 90s by a mate in 'artists rifles' . Still have it.

It arrived in the post to me at my unit and I asked Cpl.Franks what it was and he looked at it and said 'total shit that mate, give it to your corporal'. Not being an idiot I decided to keep it and im glad i did

Comment

From the last few outings...

Really loving my DPM Patrol Cap these days for gaming...

Using one of my PARA Smocks for a wee change & also using dayglow tropical DPM trousers...

& using one of my other AR-15 pouches I sourced in the last while. Earlier in the day, I had been using two ALICE ammo pouches on my belt kit along with my M16A2 M203. This was inspired by a couple of nice reference pictures i was able to see in the last while from an ex Regiment lad...

Comment

Here's a pic of me in my dpm soldier 95 kit. Just received it in the post yesterday, nice bundle deal on eBay.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic of me in my dpm soldier 95 kit. Just received it in the post yesterday, nice bundle deal on eBay.
                              Attached Files

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lethaldave Find out more about lethaldave
                              Working...
                              X