Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any one had their teeth missing and like to share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one had their teeth missing and like to share.

Got my teeth shot out by a bloody good marksman. Had my two front teeth shot out and was wondering has any similar experience, whether they had to have fillings or crowns and also what happened ?
    Last edited by ForceGhost; 8 May, 2013, 07:56.

Re: Any one had there Teeth missing and like to share.

Were you the chap at Dragons Lair yesterday? There were a few guys that took 'close' headshots, and i wouldmn't call it 'good marksmanship'!

Comment

Rumour has it that a player-marshall at a certain site has a very powerful bolt-action, and has claimed double-digit numbers of teeth with it (I think there was a thread on their forums, actually).

Wear a facemask, people.

Comment

Cover up a bit guys, I know a full mask is a bit uncomfortable to some, but try wearing a gumshield or a neoprene half mask over your mouth, even a shemaugh will probably offer enough protection to stop them being knocked out or broken, Teeth are well worth looking after guys, very noticeable and they're very expensive to replace.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by trojan1106 View Post
          Were you the chap at Dragons Lair yesterday? There were a few guys that took 'close' headshots, and i wouldmn't call it 'good marksmanship'!
          I concur. If he was that good a marksman, he would aim and hit you elsewhere than the face. Sounds like a bit of a git, if you ask me.

I'm sorry you lost your two front teeth, dude, that's going to be painful and expensive to correct. Bet a £10 face mask seems like a worthwhile inconvenience now, eh?
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
            Rumour has it that a player-marshall at a certain site has a very powerful bolt-action, and has claimed double-digit numbers of teeth with it (I think there was a thread on their forums, actually).
            Wow, now he sounds like a thoroughly responsible and respectable pillar of the airsoft community...
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

sounds like a dick to me

Comment

I had half a tooth shot out by a bloke, it was one of my front teeth.

I went to my dentist, and they kind of 're-built' the tooth, with some kind of putty, so now i've got a full tooth, but only half of it is an actual tooth

are your two teeth completely shot out, or is there something left there, like stumps?
                Originally posted by Fenriz
                Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

I'd have to say that some one who deliberately aims for the teeth with a high fps rifle is just as bad as some one who doesn't take their hits or cheat calls. This is a sport in which the opposing force are not trying to kill you, so hurting them drastically serves no purpose other than to cause them misery.

Accidents do happen, and sometimes it's no one's fault. But I'd say the fault is equally on the person who decides not to protect their teeth. I think of my teeth as useful as my eyes. If I was missing an eye, I'd look retarded. The same with a tooth. Therefore maximum lady pulling potential decreases. So I wear a pair of goggles glued onto a half face mask. It's barely intrusive at all. Use common sense, protect your face!

Comment

i agree with the above poster.
                    be a gentalman and aim for the chest, if you can only see the head fair enough but you should always be aiming for the chest, if you want to cause pain aim for the bum or legs (shots in the thigh hurt, a lot) but try to avoid the important parts (face and nuts)

on topic again i havnt lost a tooth but 1 or 2 of the players at my local site have lost bits of tooth in acsidental face fire.
                    i have nerly taken a tooth but thankfully it wasnt at point black and the rounds hit the back of his mouth (i appolagised after the game)

Comment

I lost a tooth in a game last year, it was a young lad who did it and there was no malice involved, just a (un)lucky shot.
                      I would say, however, if I played at a site where there was a player-marshall deliberately shooting people in the face to break their teeth, I'd be inclined to knock all of his out and shove his rifle where the sun don't shine!

Comment

I love people who won't wear a full face mask coz it didn't look cool and then moan when they get teeth nose and face injurys . Just plain stupid not to cover up . !!! Would you play paintball in a pair of glasses ??? I think not !!! Just because a bb is smaller Dosnt make it less dangerous!!!

Comment

Having read some horror stories about people almost suffering nerve damage (potentially screwing up their jaw) I have decided to take the plunge and get a lower face mask to pair with my goggles.

Might not wear it to milsims due to the immersion, but regular game days it sounds like the smart thing to do.
                          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                          Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I always wear full face - i have seen dental amputation but thankfully never suffered it... (full face, you see)

Yes it does limit my vision a little, but come lunch time i can still eat, not look like a comic book thug and more importantly, not cry like a little girl as i would imagine it hurts like a bar steward!

Comment

i find my teeth are safe as long as people understand the consept of a MED and keep my lips sealed, i have seen people playing airsoft with there mouths hanging open like they just saw jesus riding a unicorn that was on fire, that will loose you a tooth or 2.
                              that said being shot in the neck with a 500fps boltie from about an inch further then the MED (minimum engagement distance) hust like hell but being a man i kept playing.
                              i did play with a half face mask for a bit but it was just too uncomfatable and generaly a pain in the neck.
                              the main problem is some people (you know who you are) dont abide by the MED rules for the site, they (IMO) need a point blank shot to the "tender bits" with my rugar (400 or sp FPS)
                              in CQB this may be more of an issue due to the close up nature of the enviroment but being a woodland player i cant really say.

thank you for listening to my ramblings i have been the one true madman, goodnight.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bearjuuden Find out more about Bearjuuden
                              Working...
                              X