Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celcius MX3 / Team Alpha 2 / HK416 TA 2 / CTW Ghost

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
    I would imagine if you mess with the internals at all, the warranty is void on the whole gun - which would make sense.

The same is true with just about every product on Earth. Warrantys are for manufacturers specifications - any change from the original puts it out of spec.
    That is unless the retailer is happy to give their own warranty which covers it... although that is extremely rare!
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Hi, STTS are soon to offer a rewind service,

They are also planning on offering a swap service, so you can swap a non-rewound motor + cash for a rewound one.

I can't mention any retailers, but you know who should be able to deal with this for you. There is more info on the CTW forums.

And yes, playing with any of the internals by anyone that isn't the unnamed retailer will void your warranty, this includes, fitting an etiny fet board, swapping to deans connectors and glueing your hop nub.
      Last edited by CK; 27 January, 2013, 18:27.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Beautiful!!! Any ideas on prices at all?
        Originally posted by Artekus
        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Not AFAIK yet. I'll let you know.

Also a Tack rewind is £90.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

CK what sort of range and accuracy are you getting from your ctw? for all of those that want rewinds my local rc shop is getting back to me with a price which I assure you with postage is going to be less than £90 and with a faster turn around, they've even trying to see whether they can increase the torque.

Comment

My ctw is pushing 50m, but im eagerly awaiting my new mdd hop unit with rhop, and mx3, that should be doing some serious range.

Comment

Hi Tobi,

Just a quick question, but why would you want to increase the torque of the motor? (I take it that you are in the UK)

Comment

I would imagine to make pulling the spring easier? ...Although doesn't upping the torque slow the top rotational speed of the motor?
                  King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                  www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Mine is zero'd to 50m (inside my workshop hangar, doors closed, no wind etc i can hit a chest size target as and when i feel like it), naturally, by aiming off i can "lob" the round further. once taken outdoors it is the same story, except if a good cross wind shows up.

I have not yet set up my Team Alpha correctly

I do however have my name down for two of these STTS hop up mods... once they are squared away i hope to zero out evn further!

Comment

More torque means less speed

More speed means less torque

Inversley proportional.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                        I would imagine to make pulling the spring easier? ...Although doesn't upping the torque slow the top rotational speed of the motor?
                        That was my understanding of increasing the torque too, it'll have an impact on speed. I guess you would get a better trigger response from a high torque motor too.

He might be outside the UK too, so his springs might be more powerful than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
                          Hi Tobi,

Just a quick question, but why would you want to increase the torque of the motor? (I take it that you are in the UK)
                          I am in the Uk, however I don't use my ptw on full auto so what's the point in having such a high rof when your using mids, since I tap out full auto on semi I felt that a better trigger response would be better for me. Also my ptw has a FCC semi only selector so I can't select full auto which means I can switch to a DMR m16 length upper firing 450 fps (my sites fps for semi only snipers).

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                            My ctw is pushing 50m, but im eagerly awaiting my new mdd hop unit with rhop, and mx3, that should be doing some serious range.
                            Funny because you said your only getting 30m somewhere, I've had my ptw hit the bottom of the GZW range with ease with a .3

Comment

Devils advocate....... maybe he adjusted his hop?

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                                Devils advocate....... maybe he adjusted his hop?
                                Why would you adjust your hop though? my hop hasn't been touched in months, since I set it the first time..........

edit if your in a workshop any chance of a video of your ctw hitting 50m?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                                Working...
                                X