Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

I've met several. They are very rarely congratulated or even acknowledged.

Some splendid types at the late lamented UCAP Virus, and much the same at GZW, CSW and EAG Worthing.

I'm suresomeone has met someone this weekend and thought "What a good egg!" Well, it's time to recognize these unsung weekend heroes. Post your stories and thanks here.
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Re: Nice Chaps and Good Sportsmanship.

had a guy a year or more ago at ambush lasham before it closed. it was the 2nd to last game and there was me and 3 of my mates in the village area along with this other group of guys. we got pinned down so i layed down as much fire as i could so both groups could move. we retreated succesfully, when i went to reload i realised id used every mag so swithed to my side arm. about two mins later we came under fire and 1 of the guys in the other group was hit. he came up knowing i used all my ammo getting both groups out and threw me his bandolier with 6 mags still in it, and just said he was done for the day and return them back in the safe zone when im done. top lad!

Comment

I have been fortunate enough to meet lots of those sorts.

The little gestures such as loaning a spare battery, ammo, tools or just a bit of knowledge about **insert subject here** make the sport all the more enjoyable. I have read loads about the ugly side of airsofting, the cheating, the arguments, the thieving... it is a shame that gets more coverage than the plus points such as this thread.

Comment

Pulled my pistol on a bloke in the NAE, as he pulled his.!! Both vented...we laughed, and i took the hit, I was convinced that he pulled the trigger first. The same bloke bought me a pint later that night as he was impressed with my sportsmanship! What a gem!

At the very same NAE, the batteries in my old radio died, so some 'good egg' who shamefully a lot of people would have called a noob due to his two tone gun and viper vest, gave me the batteries from his torch. What a guy. I couldn't buy him a pint however, he was about 13!
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

tbh tho i meet good peeps most days i airsoft. just in the "picture of your guns" section under "british forces weaponry" i was complimenting a guy who helped me out on knowledge of my gpmg and told me how things are done on the real deal etc. but its not just on the sites, its also in these forums too. as there are tons of people out there that give good advice and tech help all the time to help out other people. even some of it is critosisms are helpfull in a way coz in sum cases they help you get your kit or loadout right etc. so a big thanks or shout out to a big selection of guys on here probably wouldnt go a miss too.

Comment

I shot a guy in the balls so I offered him some of my tactical marshmellows....through out the day who ever I shot and if they were close to me got a tactical marshmellow
            Hate.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

A while ago at F&O Anzio camp I was infiltrating an enemy held building through the side doors to try and take out an enemy suppression team and they had left one player guarding the door. Inside the doorway is a small lobby with a stairwell going up to the floor above, then another double door into the ground floor corridor beyond the lobby. He was waiting in the corridor with pyro ready to ambush any infiltrators that entered the lobby. We heard each other at the same time, and he struck his thermobaric and tossed it around the door frame.

Realising he would have needed both hands to strike the grenade and that he wouldn't have had a weapon in them, I quickly drew my pistol, stepped into the corridor, double tapped him in his centre mass and walked past him out of the radius of the grenade.

Whilst I was re-holstering my pistol he tapped my on the arm, congratulated me on "one of the best things he's ever seen in airsoft" and shook my hand. I was absolutely blown away by it. I've come across people who - in that situation - would have complained at the 'wasting' of a pyro and that they had been hit. Not this fellow, he was a bloody star as far as I am concerned!

The only bad thing I could say about it was that the corridor was too dark for me to ID the guy in the safe zone afterwards, or I'd have been buying him a pint!
              Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I have mentioed it on a previous thread somewhere (possibly not this forum)

Whist at Longmoor FIBUA village i was being all sneaky and made myself part of the window sill in a downstairs room.

Bad guy trys to enter room through a typical door way, i light him up.
                He says to me he felt NONE of those hit him, but was certain i could not have missed as he was framed in a door way and i was no more than 5 meters away. He congratulated me and i thanked him.

His team mates entered with guns slung. Upon hearing our conversation in an echoy room, they presumed a dispute. Once they realised what had happened they asked if i was good to go. They left, counted to ten loud enough for me to hear and play continued with them now trying to take the room again.

We both had now seen things that could not be unseen. They knew the room layout and i knew their numbers.

Hearing them stack up and prepare entry, i jumped out of the window, ran around to the door and smoked them from behind. A good laugh was had by all, we all called ourselves out as it wasn't a fair turn of events.

Some time later, one of that group got the drop on me some team mates with a springer shotty and smoked us all... my ear lobe was stinging for ages.
                Again, laughs, handshakes etc.

Ying and Yang, Karma, whatever you call it... the positive attitudes of players on both sides kept fueling each other. My kinda day out.

Comment

last week at csw a pyro dropped out a pouch without me realising until a rental asked me if i had dropped it very nice kid i later gave him a tip about winding a high cap with the gun pointed down

Comment

That's the stuff. All round goodeggness. We need to hear more about practitioners of this unspoken art.
                    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
                      had a guy a year or more ago at ambush lasham before it closed. ... there was me and 3 of my mates in the village area along with this other group of guys. we got pinned down so i layed down ... so both groups could move. ... about two mins later we came ... and 1 of the guys in the other group was hit. he came up knowing i used all my ammo getting both groups out and threw me his bandolier ... still in it, and just said he was done for the day ... im done. top lad!
                      Oh context, how I love thy misplacement.
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Do you work for the tabloids?

Quoted perfectly, yet completely changed what was said. Rupert Murdoch would be so proud of you!

Comment

I'm a regular at CSW, I find that people are just generally nice, pleasant to play with chaps and chapettes! People are always chatting on the way back to respawns, the Marshall's are welcoming, with plenty of banter being thrown around mid-game.

One particularly good deed that sticks out for me, was a few weeks back on the first evening game of the summer. A couple of friends I was playing with happened upon a couple of lucozade bottles filled with bb's. They intended to keep them for themselves. I eventually met up with the guy who had lost them, mid combat, and mentioned I knew the blokes who had his ammo. I promptly found my teammates, requested the ammo be handed over to him. The lad looked like a rental, and was over the moon to have all his ammunition back. Gave me a warm, fuzzy glow I would hope someone would return the favour if it should happen to me!

Comment

I remember playing at camp anzio and after a long game was completly out of ammo in my AK, even my shotty on my back was out.

was talking to another guy who was waiting for next stage of that game to start if we were allowed to get more ammo from the safe zone as i was completly out. He told me we wernt then gave me a enough 0.25 bbs to fill my high cap on the AK and just said "here you go mate, we need all the guys we can get for this one, keep them!"

top bloke, he allowed me to stay in the game untill the end

Comment

Off the cuff comments aside, this is what I mean. We are very quick to point the finger at those who we consider to be a tw@t, but not to thank those who are good sports. The "tw@ts on the field" thread is still rattling along, yet one week in, 15 or so replies to this. Ah, well, hey-ho..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                              Working...
                              X