East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

You can use a Curved or a straight pouch, the modell 59 was used right up to the end of the DDR, the Modell 79 was used as well but never fully replaced it.

Comment

Still struggling to find NVA boots in my size (Uk 10), used to have a pair and binned them years ago and now i just cant find them for anything like a sensible price.

Currently using post war west german jackboots but really want a proper pair. Mainly as I dont want to hammer my decent jackboots too much as i use them for WWII airsoft too!

Comment

Thanks hurrah or should i call you Genosse Viktor ?
        Please don’t send the staff car in the night I’m only just starting to get in to this, but I properly have got most of the bit and bobs in the lockup except the ABC suit, helmet, boots and this mystical collar liner thing. I also bumped into those pics the other day over on http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...204006&page=19 I’m slowly getting through all the posts but it’s still an excellent place for reading up on things even if most of it is real old. Though I’m not able to post anything there =/ don’t know why. I guess I need to fill a form and send it to Moscow
        (the hummer over there is wonderful fun )
        http://youtu.be/nAjlZ4nUrwA
        I’ll have to find where I found this link on that forum but I find this film on tube really interesting and gives me lots of ideas, as does the rest of the films posted by that user.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Finally picked up some NVA jackboots.

A mere £15 from the victory show.

Comment

Dam thats a steal. can you post some pics of them so i know what im looking for when i get to a show. hopefuly i can convince my friends to go to war and peice next year.

Comment

Will do, want to give em a polish first.

Comment

Do a before and after shot. Also speaking of cleaning things the combats i bought mum washed them on delicate/wool setting at 30°C is that a good idea? Or should i hand wash them.
                Dont want to ruin them >_<

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I never wash field kit unless its absolutely minging. I usually air it to dry and then brush it with a clothes brush when dry. If it must be washed i wash it by hand in cold water.

Two reasons for this, one is genuinly practical in that it does stop it fading or shrinking and the second one is that hot washes destroy any IRR treatment on kit so you'll be lit up like a xmas tree through night vision... now i'll grant you that nearly never is an issue in airsoft but its an old habit from soldiering.

If you are going to machine wash stuff turn it inside out first, wont stop the IRR treatment being washed out (TBH this is only an issue with modern genuine issue combats) but it will stop it fading.

Comment

It also looks loads better a bit 'gritty' from the field. Boots, however you'd clean and redub every day.

Comment

Uncleaned DDR enlisted mans jackboots.

treads a little more worn than i'd like but for 30 year old boots i'm not complaining.

The key things you're looking for is a quite 'plastic' rubber sole and leather uppers with pronounced 'pebbling'

These are nicely supple and worn in but they are rigid like wellies when new.

Comment

How do you think they would stand up to scermishing being old as thay are

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

They should be fine, i dont normally skirmish in footwear made any later than about 1980!

some of my boots were made in 1945 and are fine for WWII battles, you just need to clean them regularly.

My US jungle boots were made in the 70s, those are fine too and my UK DMS boots were made in the 60s.

It's why those are getting soaked in dubbin and then having a polish/clean before i wear them out at a game, the biggest problem with old boots is the leather cracking and in rare cases softer rubber boots can start to harden up. My 1950s uk jungle boots are starting to lose the 'elasticity' in their soles.

Comment

thought you all might be interested in this.

just wish i had the money for what this will most likely go for

Comment

A nice pair of other ranks boots, the heel has been replaced by a Regimental cobbler at some stage, keep them clean and use plenty of Polish/dubbing after use and they will serve you well.

DDR boots are quite good once you are used to them, your foot will bend to them.

When you wash your FDA turn it inside out and wash at a low temperature they will also sun bleach, eastern European dye is quite poor in this regard.

Comment

Here's some more ideas for you using the other Weapon systems of a Gruppe

iMG K (RPK) Gunner. The little used 75 Round Drum in its pouch is worn on the small of the back and the longer Magazine pouch is used, no Bayonet is issued.

Nr1 Panzerbuche RPG 7V Gunner.

No Bayonet was issued.
                                The NVA pattern ABC suit and carrier on a Leather map case sling was a Soldier fix by the Gunner done in some Regiments ( I was told by one) as the Loaded Back on your back over your ABC suit when mounted on your Yoke was troublesome.

The NVA didn't seem to like the cross draw of the Pistole M so it is in an odd place ( from images of RPG Nr 1 Gunners) the Entrenching tool sitting too far around the back but this is how they seemed to have worn it so go figure.

The Nr2 Gunner would be equipmed as a MPi KM armed Soldat but also carry this

This has examples of earlier equipment, the Respirator Bag is of a late sixties model and the curved magazine pouch designed for the MPi K, the Straight Entrenching tool is an earlier model, I made a mistake with the Yoke it is of a very late model.

Last edited by Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah.; 23 September, 2012, 10:32.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Captain Poopdecker Find out more about Captain Poopdecker
                                Working...
                                X