Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Close protection detail - your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Close protection detail - your experiences?

Bit of a dead topic, but oh well :P

It would be really interesting to see an airsoft CP team, Ive done my CP and HE training about a year ago, though having no actual military experience my chances of gaining any actual CP work are next to zero, hence why Ive not wasted money on the extortionate SIA fees and applied for a CP badge, I stick with my DS badge for now and if any prospective employers ask Ive "recieved certificates, waiting for the SIA", which has landed me a few CP'ish jobs, but nothing like what the proper CP guys are doing. Im considering joining the TA just to get a bit of military experience on my CV and go in for some proper CP work, because boring everyday 9-5 security work on peanuts pay is slowly killing me.

Ive tried putting a bit of my CP training into action when airsofting, but to be honest unless youre with a bunch of other guys who know what theyre doing, it quickly either turns into a clusterfuck, or just makes you look like a walt :D

Comment

Tiercel, if you want to do that you will need to join either an RMP TA unit or RA Aux F RAFP group - 3 Tactical Police Sqd based at Henlow. Then you have to do police trg, then apply, then if you past the pre select, go to longmoor
      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Just had a look at those roles, unfortunately there are no RMP TA groups anywhere near me, and Im on the other side of the country from Henlow! Gutted!

Comment

Just seen this, great little guide.

For extra back up its also how I was taught to cover a small team picking up equipment or other loads, doubled up usually as we'd usually have a bigger patrol. That was well over 15 years ago so its been around the standard mil training for a while lol.

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
            Thank you, you can make it yourself if you like; http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...to-the-English)

Another example of Close Protection, although I wouldn't want to be the VIP;
            This is my favourite cover haha although you tend to get abit of a pissed of principle. I don't understand why they get so aggy, were here doing a job to protect them at all costs. It's like look, I'm here being paid 'X' amount to take a hit for you but yet you get fucked off if I have to lay on your in the back of your car! Lol, principles really piss me off at times lol

Comment

Haha it's true, they see the CP's as a hinderance... Well, I'll show you how much of a hinderance a simple 9mm can be if you don't pick your feet up!

Very true though, CP work is just full of so many variables and problems that until you're hands on, the principle isn't seen as one...
              Sandy -- Rogue Recon

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                Thank you, you can make it yourself if you like; http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...to-the-English)

Another example of Close Protection, although I wouldn't want to be the VIP;
                Have yet to introduce myself (will do after this post) but saw this and thought it was interesting as I work in CP and am ex mil, and am just getting into airsoft. Personally I wouldn't advise doing this with a client as you are just a sitting duck. Movement is the key!

As for the diamond formation, I would also say that although this is a good formation, it's not the best for the task described. You already know you're going into a hostile area (as it's an airsoft game and everyone wants to shoot you) so having the client so close to the front-line, so to speak would be a quick way to have your team mowed down from a quick burst, especially as the diamond formation in it's very nature is quite a tight one, unless you have one massive team. A loose arrow head with your client way at the rear with his own protection would be my ideal formation. Keeping him as far away from the bullets as possible.

The idea of having multiple layers of protection to take the rounds is also not the best. Your main concern should be self preservation to enable protection of the client. It's all well and good taking a bullet for him but you're no good to him afterwards. Far better to not have your self in that situation in the first place. Just my humble opinion and as some of you may or may not know, Close Protection is a very fluid thing and is constantly adapting to the environment! Well it should be anyway!!

Great forum by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  Just had a look at those roles, unfortunately there are no RMP TA groups anywhere near me, and Im on the other side of the country from Henlow! Gutted!
                  Then move.

What I did, twice.
                  Originally posted by palmer234
                  Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                  Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                  Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                    Haha it's true, they see the CP's as a hinderance... Well, I'll show you how much of a hinderance a simple 9mm can be if you don't pick your feet up!

Very true though, CP work is just full of so many variables and problems that until you're hands on, the principle isn't seen as one...
                    Haha iv noticed a 9mm can be a 'slight' obstacle lol. But they never see it like that

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
                      Have yet to introduce myself (will do after this post) but saw this and thought it was interesting as I work in CP and am ex mil, and am just getting into airsoft. Personally I wouldn't advise doing this with a client as you are just a sitting duck. Movement is the key!

As for the diamond formation, I would also say that although this is a good formation, it's not the best for the task described. You already know you're going into a hostile area (as it's an airsoft game and everyone wants to shoot you) so having the client so close to the front-line, so to speak would be a quick way to have your team mowed down from a quick burst, especially as the diamond formation in it's very nature is quite a tight one, unless you have one massive team. A loose arrow head with your client way at the rear with his own protection would be my ideal formation. Keeping him as far away from the bullets as possible.

The idea of having multiple layers of protection to take the rounds is also not the best. Your main concern should be self preservation to enable protection of the client. It's all well and good taking a bullet for him but you're no good to him afterwards. Far better to not have your self in that situation in the first place. Just my humble opinion and as some of you may or may not know, Close Protection is a very fluid thing and is constantly adapting to the environment! Well it should be anyway!!

Great forum by the way!
                      Mike I couldn't agree more. Movement is key, staying in one position for to long your a sitting duck. In a diamond formation as much as this tactic can apply in many situations, with the principle as you said ' so close to the front line' maybe not the best. Your a bigger object and surely enough, the principle isn't going to care if you've just taken a hit for him, Airsoft or not lol all he cares about is his own life. The greater the surface area, the bigger the target, easier it is to hit (diamond formation) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361563226.286136.jpg

Move quick and move fast. Avoid open areas and if you can stay close to a fixed object I.e. building/wall.
                      Small groups are better, Easier to move and communicate. With a double layer diamond formation, like I said, bigger target I'd take a small hand Grenade or simply full auto.

The T formation can also be useful, in building (cqb) areas. Or a smaller variation. Two man point, one on six6 with principle in middle. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361563603.062994.jpg
                      But saying that the T formation has just as many flaws, room entry stick too pie cutting and quick peeks. Two man team for that while your 3rd secures the principle.
                      That's pretty much all iv got to say before I bore you all to sleep, god iv gotta stop waffling lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
                        Mike I couldn't agree more. Movement is key, staying in one position for to long your a sitting duck. In a diamond formation as much as this tactic can apply in many situations, with the principle as you said ' so close to the front line' maybe not the best. Your a bigger object and surely enough, the principle isn't going to care if you've just taken a hit for him, Airsoft or not lol all he cares about is his own life. The greater the surface area, the bigger the target, easier it is to hit (diamond formation) [ATTACH]80170[/ATTACH]

Move quick and move fast. Avoid open areas and if you can stay close to a fixed object I.e. building/wall.
                        Small groups are better, Easier to move and communicate. With a double layer diamond formation, like I said, bigger target I'd take a small hand Grenade or simply full auto.

The T formation can also be useful, in building (cqb) areas. Or a smaller variation. Two man point, one on six6 with principle in middle. [ATTACH]80171[/ATTACH]
                        But saying that the T formation has just as many flaws, room entry stick too pie cutting and quick peeks. Two man team for that while your 3rd secures the principle.
                        That's pretty much all iv got to say before I bore you all to sleep, god iv gotta stop waffling lol
                        I agree. T formation is good for an "indoor" situation however there is often a major problem that is often overlooked among its other flaws as you say. Once you come to a corridor it's a potential death trap for the client. With no where to go left or right you need to hope that your front guys either drop anyone coming into that corridor, or are big enough to stop a hail of brass from penetrating through them and everyone else behind. Stopping short and allowing one or two guys to clear the entire corridor is often the best way while the client and remainder of the team stay firm.

Comment

Nice little write up, not had to "protect" anyone in a game but look forwards it now!

Comment

Yeah mike I like that idea actually. Could be very useful. 2 man team to take point in front of a 3 man T formation behind the to leads.
                            If I explained that right also send me an add across fella

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
                              Yeah mike I like that idea actually. Could be very useful. 2 man team to take point in front of a 3 man T formation behind the to leads.
                              If I explained that right also send me an add across fella
                              Yep, spot on. Of course this all depends on the scenario that you're dealing with. If you're on the run then you'll need to way up the options as waiting around for two guys to clear ahead while enemy forces catch up to the client might just ruin your day!

What do you mean by send an add across?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                                As in the tactical provost wing? (no.2 sqn) hell yes.
                                But I need to wait until march for the recruiting to open.
                                Shall we continue further details by PM?
                                @Reaver Did you join up in the end??

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reaver Find out more about Reaver
                                Working...
                                X