KWA Umarex HK45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA Umarex HK45

Having picked this up last week and having chance to test it I thought I would stick up some initial thoughts here:-

I was worried that the transition from the ABS slide Japanese version to this alloy slide would be an issue in the UK but I'm impressed by the performance the NS2 (system7) system gives plenty of kick and I have had NO issues with it running out of steam. The hop unit is nice and easy to get too (like all the KWA/KSA pistols) and the new hop unit is better then the previous "metal bb being pushed into hop rubber".

There are no spare mags available in the UK as yet, but I picked up a spare Mag for a KWA USP match and it works perfectly (although the base unit looks weird).

The pistol sits a little lower in the hand then the normal USP.45, but is perfectly comfortable and I'm getting quite attached to the new grip, fps on my Chrono with ultra gas was sitting around 315 FPS, using Brut Gas or Green gas should give you a little more velocity..

I will update this if anything hideous or wondrous happens over the next few skirmishes..

--Cheers..

Re: KWA Umarex HK45

I realise that the post above is quite light.

The HK45 strips just like the HK USP does, you pull back the slide to the point where the gap in the slide matches the notch in the slide stop lever and push/pull the pin out, and then with the magazine out the slide will simply come off the frame easily.

Barring the new hop unit the pistol is simply a slightly more ergonomic version of the USP45 both inside and out.

The other control on the frame is safety catch, but it also acts as the decocker if you push it down, this allows you to pull back and lock the slide, insert the loaded mag and then depress the slide stop to release it and chamber the first round, then you can use the decocker to safely drop the hammer and then you holster it ready for use, this way you can use the HK45 with a double action first shot and then follow up as a normal single action.

The slide stop has controls on both sides of the frame with is handy for using it in the left hand, but unlike the real steel the safety/Decocker is NOT ambidextrous and if you wish to use the safety you will need to use it in the right hand.

Unlike the USP the back of the pistol grip can be changed out with a bigger one if you have big hands and feel like you need a wider hold, a bit like the 4th Generation Glock or the Walther P99. And there is a key that allows you to disable the trigger mechanism for safe storage or transport.

I DID find that the system7/NS7 mag and the force of the return spring.. mixed with the metal slide was quite hard on the BB's inside, I tried one mag of BIO BB's in the HK45 and I found it shaved small parts off the BB's off leaving a residue inside the hop unit, I would advise only quality brand BB's to be used.

The Trademarks are quite nice, with German federal markings on the frame and much less pronounced “Umarex” markings.
    Generally I'm impressed so far.. but it depends on the price when this finally shows up in the UK.

Comment

Nice review,

How does the new hopup system holds up against other pistols in terms of accuracy?
      Any gas leak issues?

Comment

Heya,

I have skirmished this pistol twice now, the new hop is impressive giving me 40+ meters solid range with .25g's, MUCH better then my KSC USP45, and I have not had any gas leaks as yet.. so far so good..

Comment

Is there any news on a UK release of this yet? I quite fancy rocking an HK45 with my SL9.

Comment

Available inUK 165 quid no spare mags as yet .

Comment

It SHOULD be available in the UK once that single UK distributor gets off their butts and starts working.. ( I spoke to a couple of UK retailers and neither of them have a positive opinion on the KWA UK distributor... who shall remain nameless)

So it been out in Germany (where I sourced mine) for 6 months, in Hong Kong for about 3 months, and I haven't yet seen it in the UK.. for spare mags I'm still using KWA USP Match mags...

Comment

I just picked mine up last week for £145
                Spoke to Umarex they said mags should be available in about 4-6 weeks.

Comment

I have to Admit that I am STILL smitten with this pistol, and I have had mine since June 2012.... it has been to 8 or 9 Skirmishes and works damn well, even at -1 Degrees C!

I even have video footage of me using it here and I put 3 mags through it during a base defense at sub zero temperatures and it was usable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd7GJ...ch=email_reply

And since December I have now fitted a new Shooters design barrel and Slide set to pep it up a little

Comment

Update... I have finally got around to selling this HK45... But I have pre ordered the Marui one! So I will write up a comparison between the two when it comes through in a couple of weeks!

Comment

Get the mags from HK. I paid £60 shipped for two.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jamalen Bought my first AEG in the early 1990's, Started my own site in 1999, ran an IPSC pistol club for a while... Find out more about Jamalen
                      Working...
                      X