WE XDM review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE XDM review

personaly id get the tokyo marui...well tokyo marui anything..but personally id say the glock. Many Many spare parts and £120 quid. WE make some good guns but their quality control is awful..so sometimes you get a good one..sometimes you get utter poo and their customer service is shocking.
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

As a first pistol I'd say yes, but remember you must do regular maintenance on it, even if you don't use it regularly as seals dry out etc.
      Run it on a decent gas, not 134a or 144a as they aren't powerful enough. Also remember to always store your mags with gas in so the seals don't start leaking.

Otherwise its a cracking pistol for a great price. I prefer it to Glocks, the feel is better in my opinion and they point nicely.

Comment

Having ordered 18-20 of these and the compacts for myself and my team mates not a single one has been crap. They are very good guns but as said above, look after it.

Comment

Just picked one up, Love it. as it was second hand, it didn't come boxed or with the replacement grips. Anyone know where I can get them from ? Sadly my lower has been painted tan and not very good. will strip it off and guess will have to repaint but love the feel and how it fires
          sigpic

Comment

You dont need to repaint it , use fairy power spray and take your time, I will have a look i'm sure I have some spare grips
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Fairy power spray, cool I just might try that tomorrow. thanks
              sigpic

Comment

Thought I would post up my work. Mine had been painted and was showing signs of aging. I was going to re-paint it but with the power of fairy power spray, a full strip down and rebuild I was left with below.

The trigger, palm safety and slide release all showed signs of worn paint so stripped and polished. will paint black when I get around to it.

What do you think? im very happy with it

Before: before.jpg

After: after.jpg

If I ever sold this and wanted another pistol, think it would be a XD again
                sigpic

Comment

Quick one -

How are people getting on with these pistols now? It's on my list of a possible new sidearm...

Comment

Since I've owned mine, I love it. the only thing I don't like is the barrel has a rattle but might be able to resolve that. the pistol its self feels great in the hand and the kickback is just brill. cant see me selling this one, well only to replace it for a new one
                    sigpic

Comment

I was an early owner if the xdm compact , so far I have had no problems with it at all .
                      My only main gripe is the long mag plastic extension covers are all different thicknesses . To match the three different thicknesses of the pistol grip thickness inserts . With 1 normal length mag its not an issue . If you buy a couple of long mags . You will notice the difference in the thicknesses of the covers .
                      We need to make an accessory kit of these mag extension covers. In whichever thickness you finally opt for .
                      Also I have the silencer/ barrel kit from we . The silencer fits brilliantly but the barrel is too long for the compact models by about an inch . The kits are obviously for the full length versions of their pistols , not the compact models .
                      My gun works / cycles very well on 144 gas upwards. ,
                      The guns come out of the box bone dry . So a full lubrication of all components is a 100 % requirement for we guns .
                      All in all I am pretty impressed with this gun , minus the two aforementioned gripes . For 110 quid with 2 mags it is an exeptional gun for the money. . 7 out of 10 points

Holster wise , I use a fobus xdm compact holster which fits perfectly and retains the gun flawlessly . Wipe a bit of candle wax onto the holster internals and the draw is fast and exeptionaly smooth .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
                      Working...
                      X