Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE XDM review

That's odd!
    Maybe you got one that slipped through the quality check. A real shame if that's the case as mine is still working amazingly well.
    My hopup did need a good "bed in" period but settles out nicely. Remember that any VSR based hop rubber will fit, so if you still have problems then try to borrow a replacement from someone to test it out before committing to purchasing a new item.
    If you find that you still don't get on with it, let me know as I may have it off you

Comment

Thinking of getting rid of my TM berretta and picking one of these up!

now everyones had them for a while, whats the verdict?
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
        Thinking of getting rid of my TM berretta and picking one of these up!

now everyones had them for a while, whats the verdict?

Mine has been fantastic. The ONLY thing I'm still having issues with is the rear sight screw coming loose after many many magazines have been put through it. This causes the slide to jam when fired as the chamber drops down slightly.
        The only reason it still does this is because I've not thread-locked the screw yet. This is just due to a) me being lazy, and B) I'm waiting for a nice rear sight to be released to replace the existing one (again, this is for no reason other than I'm a sucker for modding things, the rear sight does NOT need changing, in fact the sights are great on this pistol)

Other things worth noting are that the magazines are excellent and have silent fill valves, un-like the TM versions which wastes so much gas on re-fills.

Fantastic pistol for the money and I personally wouldn't pay for a TM one.

Comment

Unfortunately I've not had more time shooting with it(even in the backyard) to see if hop beds in eventually.

Think I'll take it for a shooting spree on my day off this week with .43g and see how well it does at 10 - 20 m ranges.

Comment

I've had one of these since July and it is a fantastic sidearm... but it's not without a few issues (all easily solvable!).

1. The Blowback unit screw (the one that goes into the rear sight) comes loose and stops the gun functioning properly. Solved by a small amount of thread lock or super glue to hold the screw in place.

2. Hop unit screws come loose causing the hop to loose effectiveness. Again, solved by thread lock or a dab of super glue.

3. Gun has it's own BB space program. I couldn't get anything under a .3 to hop correctly, they just flew straight into the sky. Solved by bending the hop adjustment arm slightly. It now shoots .28's straight and true.

4. Every mag I had leaked gas from the release valve. I solved this by taking out the release valve and giving it a splodge of thick silicone grease. This also held in the dodgy o-rings one of the magazines had so now it works fine.

Other than those issues (which are now gone), I have had no other problems. WE have really upped their game since I bought one of their 1911 variants. That thing was shocking, it took a lot of effort to get it to shoot right.

Comment

Well I have bought and awaitnig for a TM to turn up. gt ne from the forum for a very good price.

I just decided to go with TMs goodness. though im sure the We is very nice, id rather get somethign that is know for its reliability rather than one that is not got the years of good records
              FOR SALE

Comment

Well I have bought and awaitnig for a TM to turn up. gt ne from the forum for a very good price.

I just decided to go with TMs goodness. though im sure the We is very nice, id rather get somethign that is know for its reliability rather than one that is not got the years of good records
                Be sure to use 134a or 144a because there have been reports of green gas blowing the slide off the lower frame. Same with the FN FiveseveN.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_XIII View Post
                  Be sure to use 134a or 144a because there have been reports of green gas blowing the slide off the lower frame. Same with the FN FiveseveN.

I can assure you the 5-7 does not fail with high pressure gasses, Ran all of mine for at least a year and a half on guarder black gas (similar power to Co2) and had not one problem with it, The TM XDM & 5-7 both have metal "inner" slides. the only part on the XDM that cant handle strong gasses is the loading nozzle, there is already one out there and I can safely say it works fine

X-ray

Comment

So i can use green gas??
                    FOR SALE

Comment

So i can use green gas??
                      In the XDM to use stronger gases you will need the uprated loading nozzle, as for the 5-7 it runs fine on any gas you can throw at it... :D

Comment

and how and wher can I get this upgraded nozzle?
                        FOR SALE

Comment

Overseas, PM me :D

Comment

Originally posted by x-ray View Post
                            I can assure you the 5-7 does not fail with high pressure gasses, Ran all of mine for at least a year and a half on guarder black gas (similar power to Co2) and had not one problem with it, The TM XDM & 5-7 both have metal "inner" slides. the only part on the XDM that cant handle strong gasses is the loading nozzle, there is already one out there and I can safely say it works fine

X-ray
                            I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that people had their slides come off, however I could be mistaken. There's a chap at my local who runs a 5-7 on green and has had no problems. It's probably just one persons bad experience.

Comment

My WE XDM is still going strong. Thread locked the rear sight screw and now there are NO problems. Works a treat and both WE mags are still perfect.
                              Very happy. Tempted by the Compact version! But my wife doesn't know why I'd need two if the first one works so well... !?!

I couldn't justify it either :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Hand Luke View Post
                                My WE XDM is still going strong. Thread locked the rear sight screw and now there are NO problems. Works a treat and both WE mags are still perfect.
                                Very happy. Tempted by the Compact version! But my wife doesn't know why I'd need two if the first one works so well... !?!

I couldn't justify it either :-(
                                Smaller one is too shoot smaller players....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
                                Working...
                                X