'Nam navy seals - the men with green faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nam navy seals - the men with green faces

Hi guys, looking to put together a navy seals loadout based around the sten mkII silenced. Apparently they used them because they had the lowest decibel rating with the least drop in range or power when equipped with a supressor (plus i think they look cool). Anyway, the problem isn't with the gun, its with the kit. So far i have tiger stripe trousers and jungle boots so i am quite flexible. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas, particularly with load carrying - i will probably use a sten bandolier for mags but i still need pouches for speed loaders etc..
    What do you guys suggest?
    cheers,
    chris

Re: 'Nam navy seals - the men with green faces

I've recently started putting together a Vietnam impression too. I got hold of a Tiger stripe jacket, some OD combats and although I got an original M56 webbing set, I couldn't get along with it, so recently bought some generic OD Molle stuff. This was just a battle belt with yoke. It had M4 pouches, water bottle and pistol holster. I'm not a geardo I'm sorry to say, so for headwear, I just use a Multicam boonie (Which I already had) and M-Pact gloves in black. Also standard combat boots.

Though I do have a nice M60VN and M16VN to go with them.

I was given this link by a good mate earlier, some good pics in here: http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.htm...=290812&page=1
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

A mate of mine often runs his Thompson with Tiger Stripes for Vietnam style days. He uses a chicom chest rig (2 mags to a cell) or a WWII thompson bandolier. All are kosher Vietnam era and would suit your Sten idea.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, they used predominantly tigerstripe camouflage and M56 gear, with the occasional BAR belt and denim jeans thrown in for good measure along with bits of Nylon M67 webbing. Weapons were mostly AR-15s, XMs, M14s, 1911s, Stoner 63s, Mossberg 500s and Remington 870s- all of which has some camouflage tape or paint or some other thing done to them to make them more ally.

Edit: Did a quick google and came up with this http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...hp/t27729.html
        Last edited by Patrolpointman; 13 July, 2012, 18:07.

Comment

There's an excellent book by Darryl Young called 'The Element of Surprise' about Juliet Platoon Navy Seals in the Mekong Delta in 1970. Young was a Seal Stoner gunner but it goes into equipment and weapons carried by the whole platoon. Highly recommended.

Comment

Tiger stripe jackers, Levi 501 jeans, as for weapons it's a complete mixture of things that they went out with, M16s, M60s (chopped down), Stoner 63, AKs, Thompsons, 40mm pump gun (also known as the China Lake grenade launcher) etc. SEALs main objective was to get in close to enemy camps and light them up with enough fire to decimate the position, they carried tons of rounds of ammo. It got to a point though when the machine gunner with the Stoner was only to open fire with it if it was absolutely neccessary as it had a very distinctive sound and because every SEAL had a bounty on their heads if the enemy knew that SEALs were in their back garden they'd get an entire battalion of NVAs in to hunt them down.

Comment

Tiger Stripe pants with ERDL jacket and green canvas boots. You can find M56 webbing cheap and use the Thompson pouches for it.

Comment

I was torn between making a nam and ww2 loadout, and ended up with a BAR. But don't have the time or money to head towards a loadout, so if anyone here would like to make a loadout with the BAR, please message me, far too big to be sitting around doing nothing. Would like to help someone else

Comment

Talk about a necro post !!!
                  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

a necro post? I'm merely posting an offer towards people who may like to copy a loadout.
                    I'm sorry that it annoyed you so much you felt the need to make a comment. I thought that was the purpose of these forums helping others with their loadouts.

Comment

You've necro'd a thread that hasn't been used for2 years with a vain attempt to circumvent the site rules for selling a RIF, nothing more
                      And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Not at all, I have tried to help those looking for a loadout. I think you are just a very rude person.

If it hurts your feelings, please contact the forum support team or such, as these quite frankly childish comments will not change what is in the past.

Kind regards,

Comment

I have a great book for kit reference to SEALs in NAM, for sale if you're interested, loads of colour pics and some pics never seen. Almost impossible to buy in this country. Read only once, but the colour pics are great to get you looking right
                          SEALS in Vietnam by Eric Micheletti 51ZSVyuGQ5L.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TastySniper Just another easy going airsofter Find out more about TastySniper
                          Working...
                          X