Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

As stated i'm after people's stories of any accidental discharge of Airsoft guns in your homes that have created damage. I ask this as today I discovered a big crack/dint in my 50inch 3D TV screen today and I'm gutted. I'm pretty sure it's from one of my Airsoft guns as last week I took my MEU out of its case to check the mags are empty (to save the spring from being compressed) because my brother has a habit of leaving my guns loaded and what do you know it discharged as I picked it up rebounding of the case and into what I thought was my tv stand (until today when I spotted the chip in the screen). I've had a few accidental discharges on my house one was of my 203 shell that went off when I dropped it out of my kit bag dinting my kitchen surfaces and one when I received a new rif slapped a battery in it to check I've not received a lemon and the trigger was stuck down and it fired full auto firing the left overs of the 2 or 3 bbs left in the hop from its previous owner into a canvas picture I have in my attic (where I store all my rifs). Now before everyone starts going on about safety I had glasses on even when the 203 went off because they are my safety aviators and I wear them simply to transport them back into my house after games and yes I know everything should be emptied after games but that's not what I'm getting at. I'm just after peoples stories of damage caused by Airsoft guns.

Re: Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

I did the same a rebound hit my 50" LED TV tried to get LG to fix it saying it was dead pixles. Almost worked too but according to them it 'wasnt damaged enough' had to be 'at least 5%' so close!

Though my problem was mainly caused by the fact that I have a small balcony which I often shoot off and a round ricocheted hit the tele.. Now I close the door firmly behinde me!

Worst thing thats ever happen is when I was loading up my Pro-Win 40mm grenades all fine, put 4 head down into my assault vest next thing I know all of them are going off! Ones flown out hit the ceiling, cracked in half, that set off another which nearly hit my face that in turn set off the other 2 which just went everywhere!

Needless to say I got rid of them the next day....

Comment

There isn't such a thing as an accidental discharge, ask the firearms community B-)

Comment

Negligent is the word you're looking for, not accidental

Never had one indoors yet, because I never keep magazines loaded in the house. Had one outdoors, when I was fixing an MP5 though. Took the magazine out, but couldn't clear it as it had stopped working. Found the problem and tested the gearbox with my hand over the muzzle to create a bit of air buffer for the piston when dry firing. Took a BB at 350fps to the palm, point blank. Hurt like a bugger!

Comment

I read 'accidental discharge' in a non gun related way, made me chuckle

Comment

Was firing my Glock 18c at the wall for a week before I noticed the holes!

Comment

Shot the mrs point blank in the ear with a Pre downgrade ACM P90.

Let's just say she was NOT best pleased

Comment

I shot my mrs in the arse with my sentry once, never done anything negligent or accidental however....
                Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I had a mates 1911 to fix there was something wrong with it, testing it to get a baseline wondering what the error was, slapped a mag in and it fired full auto on its own until it ran out of gas. that I can safely say was accidental.

Comment

Not exactly accidental or negligent, just plain stupid....

When i was about 15 or so (pre-VCRA) I used to wait until my parents were out and burst into my bedroom and start the head shot execution of the posters on my walls armed with a TM MP5. After a few goes at this and thinking i was the coolest thing to walk the Earth i took the now well and truely dead posters off of my walls... along with massive chucks of plaster board. Some of the holes in my bedroom wall were as big your fist.

I thought i was a right sneaky git by filling the holes and putting new posters up to cover the damage until i got back from a week away with family friends... as a "surprise" my parents had bought all the kids new bedroom furniture with desks etc for school work and were gonna decorate our bed rooms...

Imagine my "surprise" when i got home!

Comment

My dad 'tested' one of my guns by shooting a wooden door about 4m away, 2 weeks later my mum sees a massive dent in the door and my dad tries to blame it on me!

Comment

This whole thread is about negligent discharges and if you try to persuade yourself othrrwise, you're only lying to yourself. I was the same until my wife (ex cadet) drilled it into me.

I had a similar one, where I thought I was dry firing my pistol after rebuilding it. Only to find there was bb in the chamber. The shot flew in between the laptop and tv and put a dent in the wall. Needless to say the afore mentioned wife went nuts!

Comment

Negligent - user error down to poor skills and drills

Accidental - weapon malfunction - i can only see this being the case on GBBR or RS / blank firers where you cock the weapon and as the bolt slams home the hammer follows and fires off a shot - I have 9mm blank firerer Double Eagle and the sear that locks the hammer back has failed. You can cock the hammer by thumb and it will stay put but the force of the top slide hitting home will jerk it free causing it to fire every round in the magazine. I have seen a similar thing on an issued rifle on the ranges

And in the case of AEGs i guess there is a hybrid situation - I had a gun fail on a game. Strip down, rebuild and out to test on the site range. Put a battery in and "ping"

No magazine fitted, weapon on safe, the round that was stuck in the hop when the gun stopped working was just fired out of the gun! Thank God i was not in the safe zone!
                          Gun failure caused it fire, negligence on my part for not sticking a rod down the barrel to clear it, but who really expected it to fire on safe as soon as the battery was fitted?

Comment

The guy knows he's in the wrong, no need to beat him up over it

House insurance dude?

Comment

No excuse for mine.

I'd blasted a few rounds down the garden to set the hop on it, then gave it a quick full auto blast to finish off the mag.
                              Removed the mag and saw no rounds in the feed area of the gun, placed it on the table and fired off a few single shots to decompress the spring funnily enough it wasn't untill the 3rd shot that it pinged right at the top of her ear, a toy it may ultimatley be but it was ACM and firing at 380 ish FPS before I changed the spring

If that had have been one of my kids I think I would have died!!
                              And most probably packed in airsoft.

On the bright side though that one accident has made me so anal about saftey with these things, it will never happen again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                              Working...
                              X