Collapse

Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ics sir fell on the table and the MOSFET somehow short cut itself.
    5 b on my gf's back 2 on her arm.
    3 on my 24" 3D monitor.
    Cost me 400 for the new monitor, and 600 on a mulberry bag
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Accidental discharge of Airsoft Guns in your house

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
      and 600 on a mulberry bag
      LMAO

Comment

I may have lied a little, I had a negligent discharge once that I'm still paying for...her name is Sarah and she's 8 months old.
        Get it right roon ye!

Comment

this is from my 40mm

The AEG discharge ricocheted off here

And went into my picture.

And this is the damage on my tv from my MEU

Comment

i do quite a bit of gun smithing for my team and on one occasion out in my workshop i test fired a gun after gearbox work and you guessed it there was one in the hop that wanged of the metal door ricocheted and took out the light bulb plunging me into darkness and showering me with tiny glass shards, i now open the door to the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by BaggyPants View Post
              Negligent is the word you're looking for, not accidental

Never had one indoors yet, because I never keep magazines loaded in the house. Had one outdoors, when I was fixing an MP5 though. Took the magazine out, but couldn't clear it as it had stopped working. Found the problem and tested the gearbox with my hand over the muzzle to create a bit of air buffer for the piston when dry firing. Took a BB at 350fps to the palm, point blank. Hurt like a bugger!
              did the same but with an acm gas shotty ,I was muffling it as I didn't want to wake the baby. Obviously thought it was clear but a round crept in some where ,I cut the round out my palm. A year later a lump has slowly grown on my palm and I now think 2 rounds may have crept in.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                did the same but with an acm gas shotty ,I was muffling it as I didn't want to wake the baby. Obviously thought it was clear but a round crept in some where ,I cut the round out my palm. A year later a lump has slowly grown on my palm and I now think 2 rounds may have crept in.
                made me smile and wince at the same time then laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                  made me smile and wince at the same time then laugh!
                  It hurt so much I couldn't make a sound ,I can laugh now and my lump shall stay with me as a reminder

Comment

Madbull c02 40mm shell at a friends house, i showed him how to do it all and the idiot pushed the plunger thingy when he picked it up. That cost him a bit on replacing light fittings! (two wall lights and a chandelier!) took about 30 rounds in the face too! Luckily i ha made sure he had eye pro on.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

And this peeps is why I treat even these 'toy' guns with the respect of a real fire arm.

Even if there is a chance of a BB still being in the hop I will shoot either into a carpeted surface at point blank, so the ricochet stays in the flash hider or I will fire it in to a padded 'discharge bin'.
                      Its the biggest issue with airsoft rifles is you cant easily clear a breach without a pokey stick or to discharge the weapon.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

nearly took my eye out when trying to repair a gas grenade

was in my room, taking apart the nade to replace the seal. after putting it together and gassed it up to see if it had work, the grenade went off and about 6 bbs which were stuck in it popped out, one hit my eyebrow, very close indeed

Comment

I had one the first time i used my KJW Glock 23. My first GBB and my first ever ND even after 10 years in the cadets.

I was trting it out inthe garden and the gas seemed to vent out once the slide was locked back. Appeared empty but i didn't look onto breach and down the barrel.

Went in the kitchen to put it away. Didn't have a case or box for it so i stored it with the mag in so as not to leave it laying around for little hands to find. Then made mistake of firing the action off with the mag fitted.........hit the floor then the ceiling and then my forehead.

just wont tell the landload/inlaws!!
                          TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

A year or so ago when I got home from a particularly muddy game some of my friends came over and not doing airsoft had never realised how realistic the guns are. One wanted to see the kick on a gas pistol so I emptied the mag, cleared the chamber, double checked the chamber was empty, aimed at the floor and pulled the trigger. Unfortunately a bb had somehow gotten stuck further down the barrel (probably due to the mud) ricocheted off my floor, my radiator, by HD tv and finally past my friends head. Lets just say he never made fun of my usual attention to safety again.

Luckily I got the insurance company to fork out for the tv... i 'tripped and hit it with the corner of a box' :P
                            Loken

Dorsetshire Muppet Brigade
                            This is a new generation of muppet's. We r faster...stronger...and more tactical than before!

"Dont trust airsofters" - H

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                              Ahhhh I did that years ago with a Co2 .177 Gamo Glock with copper BBs.

Thought it was clear, and Co2 bulb was almost empty, for some reason known only to me pointed it at the fleshy bit of my hand around my thumb .....bang.....very foul language.

Had to go to hospital as I was at work as a tyre fitter and had very dirty hands with rubber gloves on top, when they did an X-ray there was the BB clear as daylight flat against the bone, so much for the Co2 being nearly empty, had to have 3 anaesthetic shots for them to dig it out and a tetanus jab after because of the state of my hands.

Sold it the day after!!!

Now that's stupidity.

Comment

when i was 16 i shot my friend in the head with a .177 air-rifle the pellet hit his temple and skirted around the outside of his skull just under the skin and lodge just above his ear, it was an accident, but he never forgave me.

he was hiding at the bottom of my garden dodging in and out of the trees, pointing a low powered airpistol at me loaded with an elder berry at the other end about 30 meters away, , so as a laugh i put the cross hairs of the rifle on his head and followed him through the trees, to dissuade him from shooting at me, we were both laughing, when suddenly i felt the elderberry hit me in the chest, i had my finger on the trigger and the shock of the berry hitting me caused me to flinch and i inadvertably pulled the trigger.
                                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alias Been Airsofting since september '06 Find out more about Alias
                                Working...
                                X