BEST Way to use the ICS L86A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST Way to use the ICS L86A2

Well its my first proper gun but when skirmishing i can never find the right way to use it , because ill like rushing lods but its a big weapon so im finding difficult to handle it while running but when i play support role im finding it can be a hassle to be prone and use the bipod or the gun is reaching far enough .

PLEASE HELP!!

(NOT SURE IF ITS THE RIGHT PLACE TO POST THIS)

You have brought the wrong gun for a run and gun play style my friend.

That's like buying a VSR sniper for a pistol only game....lol

Either use it as it was originaly intended for support, as it's now (I believe) intended, as a DMR or simply change it for something more suited to your play style.

Comment

Re: BEST Way to use the ICS L86A2

To use it in a support role you don't have to be prone just drop to one knee and brace off that or find a tree or rock just to prop it against

As Tisane say I think it might be the wrong gun for you try with just an ordinary L85

Comment

L86's were originally made as a SAW type weapon (or LSW - Light Support Weapon), but they're now used in a marksman role as opposed to their original intended role.

Comment

I tend to have my bi-pod out all the time unless im crawling through bushes to get to the other side. that way i dont have to 're-deploy' every time i want to stop. That way you can still run and gun if your in a squad of people, or quickly get to the ground / up against a wall and support your team quickly. The only downside is that it does tend to ruin the balance of the gun in some situations, but if your not weak (shouldnt really be runing and gunning with an LSW if you were anyway) then you should be able to support it fine n dandy.
          Never had a problem with the gun not firing far enough....

Comment

At the end of the day its still an AEG, you could use an mp5 as a 'support' weapon for airsoft if you wanted. What the L86 gives you as standard, is a weapon thats comfortable to use whilst prone (bipod, rear pistol grip) so use this to your advantage- don't run and gun, or sit in the open.

Find yourself a bottleneck or objective that you can cover in the arc your bipod will allow and guard/suppress. Using it within a moving squad (a la the origional intention) is not going to happen except in very rare circumstances... In addition slowly try and upgrade it with emphasis on accuracy, i.e. tune it for heavier weight bbs...
            Originally posted by Walter Gropius
            If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Thanks for all the quick replies , at my site we play king of the hill so defending all the tips can really help me another i use high caps and sometimes i can wind for hours then i come to fire the damn weapon and nothing comes out , does anyone else find the ICS mags odd? :P

Comment

Another thing what power setting does it work best at , low , medium or high ?

Comment

There isn't a power setting that works best. You set it so the gun is firing the correct speed that your local site allows. It adjusts the fps of the gun. Also about your feeding issues....if your using it as support ditch the ics hi-caps and get a few lonex flash mags...you will love them!

Comment

Midcaps, especially for support. Much longer continued fire possible

Comment

Get some Emags for it. Yum!

Comment

Man I wish I could get some Emags but they don't sell them at my shop

Comment

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5737

Comment

I found one my region because i live in Luxembourg another thing Well whats better a 6.03 590mm madbull barrell or 6.03 650mm madbull barrell ??

Comment

Just look on ebay then? there are plenty of stores on there that would ship to luxembourg im sure. There are a few from hong kong

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                              Working...
                              X