Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surpat

I wasn't too sure, just seen images like these lying around:

These particular images are from Chechnya in 2010 with OMON troops securing a parliamentry visit to the area...
    Not saying that they are issued as standard or even recognised by RA, but there are many images suggesting it does see use...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I'm not seeing any surpat being used there. I think you're confusing it with flecktar-D- ie danish camo copy.

Alex 'OD' M88 does exist but it was only made in the early 90s and isn't very common.

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
        Alex 'OD' M88 does exist but it was only made in the early 90s and isn't very common.
        Ah, there you go then. I thought it weird that there would be an olive kepi in production but nothing else...
        Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
          I'm not seeing any surpat being used there. I think you're confusing it with flecktar-D- ie danish camo copy.

Hmmm, I'm pretty crap at IDing similar camos... When I saw these images (and others), I thought it was too 'digital' to be flecktarn but I'm not that clued up on all the different flecktarn-a-likes. Upon staring at them and comparing, there isn't as much khaki in the above as in surpat... So many BDUs are looking similar now... Apologies everyone...
          Originally posted by Walter Gropius
          If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

As stated by Kamarov, SURPAT is nothing but a mediocre camouflage available for commercial purchase. It's similar to "RealTree" in a sense, it's not issued by any armed forces and can be bought from shops.

From my experience, the only reason SURPAT has been seen outside of Russia is due to Battlefield 3. I think I've seen 2/3 pictures allegedly of an "unknown spetsnaz group" wearing it, but I suspect its Airsoft or something similar. With that said, certain units tend to buy their own gear (such as Gorkas or chest rigs) so it's entirely possibly some of them bought it.

The pictures above show a Gorka, OD uniform, KLMK and the far right looks something like Izlom but not. Definately looks similar Danish M84 but obviously isn't. Just for reference, this is SURPAT:

Comment

Hey, guys! If anyone is interested in purchasing SURPAT uniform and equipment, i can help you
              Here is a part of what we have.
              DSC02307.jpg
              For price, items, shipping and other details contact me in Skype: paranoid_963258

Comment

Surpat is not good in use, non-breathable, not fast drying. It have a polyurethane coating.
                Yes, it's approved in MVD and FSB, but it's still not good stuff in my opinion.

Comment

Mate you are looking for these?
                  It's called "горка" gorka.
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello!
                    Yes, this is gorka suit. It's becoming to archaism last time, but still using everywhere - in the army, in mvd and fsb.
                    A lot of guys here using US ECWCS genIII in multicam.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UFF139821HC Find out more about UFF139821HC
                    Working...
                    X