X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surpat

Regarding Surpat
    who wears it?
    I'm just wondering because I'm thinking of doing a russian impression for airsoft and I thought I'd go with surpat

Re: Surpat

Think all RSF use it or at least have to option to use it. Might filter down to regular Army at some point... You're not getting RS surpat are you, because its a fugging expensive "I thought I'd go with surpat" whim...?
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

do you mean this guy
      since he's the only guy that I know of who does it...
      I'm not sure yet.
      Did the russians ever wear OD field uniforms during the cold war or was it all brown?
      Last edited by Fizzy; 26 July, 2012, 14:32. Reason: retailer link removed

Comment

I meant real steel, as in the issue stuff, though I think that is the same as issued kit. RUSMIlitary do the real stuff too. Guy called Olaf imports surplus/new stuff himself. Still pretty expensive for a BDU though... As for OD, no... Khaki is pretty much the Russian colour when it comes to non camu uniforms... Paratroops wore a lighter khaki though, theres a possiblity you could pass an uber-faded OD for light khaki...
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

*Lol guys called Oleg...

Comment

fair enough
            do you know where I can get a set of Afghanka?

Comment

Pfff, no idea mate... Might find its pretty rare stuff. See if someone more in the know when it comes to sources rocks up to this ere thread...

Comment

fair enough, I'm just thinking of assembling a russian Afghan/Chechnya MVD loadout

Comment

It's not that rare, you just know where to look. Take a look on at the retailers on there. They tell you everything you'll need to know.

As for SURPAT, afaik it's a commercial camo that isn't issued to any unit. Border Guard camouflage is somwhat similar but even then it's really different. If you want to do a Russian loadout, get Flora. If you want to do spetsnaz, find the specific unit (MVD, ODON etc) and find photos of them.
                  Last edited by Fizzy; 26 July, 2012, 14:32. Reason: Other forum name removed

Comment

Was going to suggest Gorka but I retract that suggestion after trying to find some for you lol... Someone will come up with something, in the meantime - Browsing material

EDIT: ^^

Comment

Ghorka's are easy to find. Ebay seller Chaka98 has all types of Ghorkas highish price, but they are very well made.

Comment

quick question, is the Nerpa vest any good?
                        just thought I'd ask before I put money down?

Comment

Depends how much you're buying it for and it's condition.

Personally with Russian vests it goes like this (for me)

SMERSH
                          Grad 2
                          NERPA

Those are the only ones I'd really consider, maybe an RD-54 for standard Russian infantry.

Comment

Afghanka is still widely available in China and reasonably sourcable in Eastern Europe- introduced in the 80s, and the only time I've ever seen it OD was an OD M88 cap. The older M69 uniform definitely was available in Khaki but those are becoming harder to find now as well.

If you're doing a cold war impression the available camo would be a KZS/KLMK oversuit, or if you're doing very late period (as in, 91) you can get away with some rare and expensive TTsKO. For equipment, any loadout pre-84ish will be standard loadbearing y-straps (RD-54 for VDV). Later than this you can use things like chicom rigs but only in A-stan impressions (troops used to pick them off dead muj)
                            Signature Removed

Comment

Honestly, I m in Russia right now, have been seeing military types all over the news, in person, and in warehouses filling out orders for greedy British people who want Russian kit, and I have never seen SURpat.

In my opinion, it's one of those situations where it's a commercially available camo, but nobody actually uses it. And an opportunity for retailers on the internet to dupe silly foreign people int buying over-hyped, mildly-effective, over-priced commercial camo.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UFF139821HC Find out more about UFF139821HC
                              Working...
                              X