Request: SVD loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: SVD loadout

Hi all, I have a SVD and want to do a loadout with it. So far I have used it once with a very loose loadout which I know is not accurate at all, but consists of Flora camo and assault vest, SVD and AKs74u. There are a few options that I can see...

1) Full sniper loadout, some sort of ghillie and maybe be a pistol, but not the 74u.
    2) SVD and 74u with a relevant-ish camouflage.
    3)Just a %100 accurate SVd loadout.

Has anyone tried any of these or have any information of laodouts including the SVD?
    Cheers for any help
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: Request: SVD loadout

An SVD isn't used as a sniper rifle as we conventionally would in many western countries. The closest thing to it is a DMR. It's actually defined as a squad support weapon that allows infantry units to engage targets outside their standard rifle range.

With that in mind, you'll never see Russian infantry in Ghille suits with an SVD.

Personally, I'd got for a spetsnaz loadout. This means you can use (pretty much) whatever you want:

SS Sumer Partizan Sniper Suit/
    Kneepads (blackhawk ones shall do, they use that style)
    Boots (once again if you want to be technical get some real issue, or just use any you have if not)
    AlfaSpecSnar Chamelion SVD Sniper Chestrig
    (Optional) OD Defender body armor
    Berezka Panama Boonie

Alternately you can use a KLMK sniper suit. OR you could get a Gorka because they're just awesome. Bit warm in summer though.

Honestly, it's great having a complete and accurate Russian loadout as it looks really good. But you should wear what you find comfortable. Due to the fact that Russian gear is a very small market in the UK, not many people know about it so you're very unlikely to get someone come upto you at an Airsoft game and say "thats incorrect blah blah".

Get what you like, is comfortable, affordable and looks good.

Comment

Thank you for the help, I must admit I did know it is not a sniper rifle and that it was used in squads rather then a more conventional Sniper. I think the way I worded it made it come out wrong. To clear things up a bit I am aware that no where in the real world you will find a "Russian sniper" so to speak but if I was wanting to use a ghillie and the SVD then what would I need, I think the Jack pyke ghillie looks similar to the Leshy suit iirc?

I'm gonna have another look round and see what takes my fancy then, cheers
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
        Thank you for the help, I must admit I did know it is not a sniper rifle and that it was used in squads rather then a more conventional Sniper. I think the way I worded it made it come out wrong. To clear things up a bit I am aware that no where in the real world you will find a "Russian sniper" so to speak but if I was wanting to use a ghillie and the SVD then what would I need, I think the Jack pyke ghillie looks similar to the Leshy suit iirc?
        In layman's terms, yes it is a sniper rifle. It can be used as a sniper rifle. However, it's normal use is not as such. I'm fairly sure the Russian armed forces do have snipers. After all, the primary role of a sniper isn't actually to engage units but to recon and provide intelligence, and then use his weapon if actually required. So I'd imagine they have a similar unit with that role.

To be honest, if you want a ghille suit then go for it. After all, it's your airsoft and no one should tell you how to dress (that happens when you're 5 ). Just remember that it can snag easily and can be a pain to look after.

Comment

As said the SVD used to be issued at a about a 1 in 10 ratio to motor rifles sections. Doctrine at one point was for the section to advance firing (supported by LMGs or automatic grenade launchers) while the guy armed with the SVD took out key targets while the section supressed them. That doctrine of the 80s may well have changed as i'm sure the Russians (like us) no longer train for a massive manouvre battle over europe.

But it's what it was designed for. I based my SVD loadout on a leshy over MVD combats.

MVD sniper/recce

based on this

Comment

That's one hell of a scope on that guys AK behind the SVD man!!
            "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

It's a 1PN34:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
              Working...
              X