Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian FSB Inspired loadout

hey everyone

would love some feedback on my battlefield 3/ russian fsb loadout. the camo i have had to sell as it was a tad to small but what should i get for a 2012 fsb or spetsnaz of some kind loadout.

going to pimp my ak a little too (front rail and rail for a sight).

Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Re: Russian FSB Inspired loadout

BF3, one of the best fictitious depictions of the Russian Armed forces I've seen.

Anyway, from pictures I've seen, you'd be better off with a Nerpa/GRAD 2/SMERSH rig as opposed to that MOLLE vest you're wearing (which the FSB wouldn't wear). To further that, an OD Gorka would be more accurate.

The kneepads look fine but the boots are too Western. They're more likely to wear a pair of standard issue black boots or even hiking boots. I've not seen a baseball cap being worn by any Spetsnaz soldier however. FSB would be more likely to wear a Sphera or Atlyn helmet.

(FSB is the one on the left, MVD on right)

I'd say it's a good attempt at a BF3 loadout but not really anything like the FSB. They've been seen wearing Multicam and MOLLE vests but only when working with Western forces (such as in Afghanistan to avoid being shot at).

Comment

i have seen them at the russian special forces competitions wearing baseball caps which is where i got the idea.

the bottom picture is Dagestan isn't it? yea i have seen the multicam stuff but i'm not that keen on it. i'll stick to bf3 loadout for now then and when i have some more money i will get some gorka and some webbing.

also i could do with some help on a russian camo i found on ebay which looks a heck of a lot like Italian vegetato and was wondering if its a real camo or just a commercial knock off?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Russian-Ar...0#ht_855wt_698

thanks for the help
      Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
      https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
        i have seen them at the russian special forces competitions wearing baseball caps which is where i got the idea
        That doesn't mean they use them on ops though

It is indeed Dagestan. However, I feel this photos is staged as opposed to an actual op. Kamarov explained on another thread that the use of Multicam and MOLLE is solely to avoid friendly fire incidents from NATO troops as it's likely they would shoot troops in gear unknown to them.

Olga (Chaka98) does great deals on camo. I'm fairly sure that suit you linked is a sniper suit as a I have similar one myself from her, albeit in SS Summer Partizan camo. Great pattern but it's use is limited to 4-5 times. Get a gorka if you want something that will last and looks badass (and different).

Comment

I think you go for the Spetsnaz loudut. Here is Russia (I lived in Russia most my life) the Spetsnaz is most recognized. They normally wear full black. I live London now. Excuse my English please.
          LOLCATZ

Comment

From what I have seen, Spetsnaz mostly wear black only in urban settings, mostly FSB, OMON, and other MVD groups.

At least in Moscow it seems like it. Outside of the city it seems camo is employed more often there. Kinda makes sense if you ask me.

Also, Simeon, здаров, я тоже из России, будем знакомы. )

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

completely ignore the flight jacket and fact what of the gorka's you can see are Autumn, the R's are still in the mail, but my new Smersh and DEFENDER-2, i thought appropriate for this thread

'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Boots, Gloves & rifle are wrong but my current impression. I don't think its far off

any advice is appreciated. I'm not going for 100% perfect and i like my finger tips hence full finger gloves. just need to pick up a bandana & 74 of some sort
                'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Hey DS,

Got some good gear there. What Gorka is it? Because its damp it looks like a BARS or Blokpost version. Dont think you've got much wrong there and as far as your mistakes I dont really see a problem with the gloves or gun (Have to take your word on the boots buddy!!!). It looks pretty much spot on for a ROSN/RSSN team assualter. it reminded me of this guy (ROSN in the Caucasus circa 2010-2011):

Fort Defender 2, SSO Smersh and AKSU, same as you bud

Advice wise, I'd add a balaclava (rarely see these guys bareheaded) and/or repro russian helmet (K6-3, Altyn or Vulcan etc) if you can afford it. Cheap set of black leather padded Viper gloves would be a good substitute for SPLAV or SRVV versions. As for boots, I use black Meindl goretex boots cause they are fabulous. Who really cares about boots anyway? Its airsoft, not re-enactment so go with what you've got. Last thing would be an AK sling.

ROSN/RSSN teams are not top of the kit pile (i.e. Alfa) but do most of the FSBs legwork in Antiterror Ops, so their gear isnt normally super shiny, and you can easily get away with using stuff thats a bit older (probably why matey in the pic has an AKSU rather than an AK-100 series weapon)

Hope this helps

Nel

Comment

The gorka is blocpost, but they're not mine they're a team mates because i'm still waiting on my SPOSN's from Dmitry. These do have a darker tint to them (almost makes them look blue)

Once i've saved abit more cash up i think i'll invest in a maska replica w/out visor.

I'm running US Jungle boots from an old 'Nam impression, the OD panels on them match the rest of the gear quite nicely but have a pair of hiking boots i'll wear in dryer weather, i know footwear isn't a fine art among these units in theater.

Sling & bandanna are also on the list of purchases, i think i'm going to keep the MSU for a while though as its lush & shoots like a champ

cheers for the assist dude

Comment

US Jungle boots you say? Check out the MVD guy on the right (either Rus or Vityaz, has appeared with two descriptions in two threads but I would hedge towards Vityaz):

Comment

Jobs a good 'un then!

they're damn comfy once they're bedded in

Comment

Originally posted by Discoshrew View Post
                          The gorka is blocpost, but they're not mine they're a team mates because i'm still waiting on my SPOSN's from Dmitry.
                          im also waiting for SPOSN'S from Dmitry, lovely chap. Also, where did you get your webbing? I cursed something bad when the ones on the bay sold. sadface..

P.S
                          Dang sweet loadout man.

Comment

Originally posted by breadfish View Post
                            Also, where did you get your webbing? I cursed something bad when the ones on the bay sold. sadface..
                            I just received my SMERSH rig today from a gentleman on RedAlliance. Perfect condition, lovely piece of kit, £110. Check RA, they pop up fairly regularly but they tend to be snapped up VERY quickly. I was the first to 'claim' it in his for-sale thread, and 3 others had PM'ed him very shortly after me. First come, first serve fortunately

Comment

Originally posted by HullAL09 View Post
                              I just received my SMERSH rig today from a gentleman on RedAlliance. Perfect condition, lovely piece of kit, £110. Check RA, they pop up fairly regularly but they tend to be snapped up VERY quickly. I was the first to 'claim' it in his for-sale thread, and 3 others had PM'ed him very shortly after me. First come, first serve fortunately
                              cool, ill have a look. thanks man!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runefire01 Find out more about runefire01
                              Working...
                              X