Whats A Good Bright Torch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats A Good Bright Torch ?

Hi folks, I am going to an all night outdoors game next week and my torch has been on the blink in a while so I am going to go for a new one. Any recommendations on something that is very powerfull at range etc ? I am going to fit it onto my rail on my G&P Sentry
    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Re: Whats A Good Bright Torch ?

I have an Led Lenser T7, turns night into day and looks good mounted. You can usually pick one up for a decent price on a certain auction website.

Comment

Anything with a Cree LED in it. I picked up a 300 lumens "Ultra Fire" torch from Ebay for £5 posted from Hong Kong. It's got a flood beam and adjustable zoom on it. Runs off 1 AA battery and is water proof. I use two zip ties to hold it onto my HK416 via the front rail. Works a treat.
      Last edited by Fizzy; 30 July, 2012, 17:44. Reason: eBay retailer link removed

Comment

Klarus XT10. Best flashlight I've seen yet.

Surefire M300 Scout is a beautiful bit of kit too.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

solar force LP2, great torch, and solar force has a massive range of parts to add to it, meaning you can get exactly what you want out of it.
          For Sale!
          TM M870 with a load of stuff
          A&K massada sniper spec
          Chronograph
          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The Lenser sounds pretty damn impressive and gets really good reviews with phrases like " night turned to day " used alot. A very strong contender ! Ill check out these other ones now

Comment

Any element Surefire clone. I can light up houses at the end of my road with my m951 clone.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I assume the more lumen the better ? EG. The SolarForce is 300 where as the Lenser is only 200 and they both use this CRE LED so the SolarForce is the better ?

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Freak View Post
                  I assume the more lumen the better ? EG. The SolarForce is 300 where as the Lenser is only 200 and they both use this CRE LED so the SolarForce is the better ?
                  Not necessarily, the lenser focuses the light excellently (hence the name), and is probably of much better reliability and build quality looking at how cheap the solarforce is.

Comment

Lumens is the measurable amount of visible light from a source (like a light bulb). The higher = more light. The Ultra Fire torch I have is a year old now and works great, not only as a torch but a self defense devise (serrated edges around the lens make a suitable weapon) and as a bottle opener too. I honestly don't know why people spend £60 when my torch costs £5 and does the exact same thing, just much cheaper and doesn't take stupid batteries.

It's most likely that you're paying for a brand and not the item, hence the stupid price tag. Don't be fooled by "hurrdurr its a proper brand so it works better" - Ultrafire torches work great and are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Million View Post
                      Not necessarily, the lenser focuses the light excellently (hence the name), and is probably of much better reliability and build quality looking at how cheap the solarforce is.
                      Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                      solar force LP2, great torch, and solar force has a massive range of parts to add to it, meaning you can get exactly what you want out of it.
                      Annother shout for the Solarforce L2 line. the quality is excellent for what you pay, and the versatility is huge. you can pick up extra LED/Bulb units to suit what you need to do.

personally I run an L2m, but I would say an L2, L2P or L2T might be a better shout.
                      Not actually a builder
                      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

What do you mean about different bulb units to suit ?

Comment

What do you mean about different bulb units to suit ?
                          you can get LED units that are brighter, dimmer, different coulors, or even multi-mode (eg mine does bright-mid-low-strobe-SOS signal), and simply switch them out. you just need to keep in mind that the units will only take a certain voltage, and to make sure you are running it with appropriate batteries for that setup.
                          Not actually a builder
                          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Cool, do you use a pressure pad or just a button ?

Comment

Cool, do you use a pressure pad or just a button ?
                              standard setup comes with a button (click on, click off). You can pick up an aftermarket pressure pad. I think they also do kits that come with the torch, pressure pad, RIS mount and so on.
                              Not actually a builder
                              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Auto Freak Find out more about Auto Freak
                              Working...
                              X