Lone gun or squadron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone gun or squadron?

I know for me i am a lone wolf! Occasionaly play in a squad but only to attack bases etc,
    I like not having to rely on team mates!
    Lone wolf!
    40.63%
    Squad!
    59.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 30 July, 2012, 01:08. Reason: Spelling
    sigpic

Re: Lone gun or squadron?

I tend to go it alone. But purely down to the low numbers at my local site. 10-12 players a day! I've attempted to do it as a team with the other players but lack of experience ect does my head in (kinda why going alone works so well).

If i went to larger sites then id deffo use teamwork though.
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

I may sometimes be part of a team, usually no more than 4 or 5 players, but even then I often find that I go it alone, son days I'll just go it alone from the start... Much better in my opinion, nobody else to think about
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

being mainly support it's kinda pointless going it alone. Obviously i will if needs be or if i want to flank / supress an enemy objective while the main assault goes on, but an L86 is too big to be running and gunning solo

Comment

Theres nothing quite like having team mates on the simulated battlefield

Comment

I prefer to play as a team as weight of numbers usually wins firefights. As the adage goes: two is one; one is none.
            Having said that, I trust my team to be where they should be and we have good comms.
            If I rock up to a site on my own I generally tag onto a small group and help out.
            Going lone wolf feels too 1st person shooter for my taste and always seems to be about racking kills rather than gaining objectives. Though I do respect the guys that do it; they can really disrupt a game by harassing from the flanks.
            "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
            George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              Theres nothing quite like having team mates on the simulated battlefield
              Yeah, if you simulated die they'll simulatedly check your corpse for a simulated letter home and then bring simulated word back to your simulated mother about how well you simulated an honourable death in the simulated field.

Or they'll medic you. Be easier if they mediced you.
              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                Yeah, if you simulated die they'll simulatedly check your corpse for a simulated letter home and then bring simulated word back to your simulated mother about how well you simulated an honourable death in the simulated field.

Or they'll medic you. Be easier if they mediced you.

I only have simulated friends

Comment

Lone wolf during periods of enemy forces re-gen to gain a satisfying kill count.

Team work when re-gen is over to get the job done quickly.

As the saying goes "If you throw enough sh!t at a wall, some of it will stick"

Comment

Almost 100% of my play is lone wolf- i love being sneaky and going off on my own to shoot the other team from where they don't expect it. Also when lone wolfing, you are sure of the hits you get, with a team there's usually about 5 people shooting at any one time. Lone wolfing also gives me a much more exciting game, I have to look out for myself, which is more fun in my opinion than running around with 10 others.

Comment

Its neck and neck on votes at the moment
                      I like to flank but if i see someone doing the same thing i sort of join up
                      sigpic

Comment

It's interesting to see the number of posts mentioning racking up kills.
                        Is this a big deal for folk at a skirmish? I've always gone in looking to secure a win for the team rather than notch up some kills (though I do know they go hand-in-glove at times)
                        I feel a new thread coming on...
                        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                        George Carlin

Comment

I see it more as pinning down the opposing team often pushing them out of better cover. Kills dont really count for much if their objective is still wide open to them.
                          Originally posted by B.E.N.
                          Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

bit of both for me. i like to listen to what my team say or see what there doing then go off alone set back and provide lone support and get the enemy to focus on me while they do what they want to do.

Comment

S not about kill working in teams is the way forward as long as the team your in has got the same idea. Brit field craft tactics all the was flank down one side and keep a supporting group to cover fire for you blast up a few smokes get in close and blast in a few frags and thunder flashes job done if you do it right lone wolfers annoy me cause its normaly those that need mediced back in and they r miles away. So we just leave them to walk back to spawn point all the time if you can't be a team player don't play. Your not rambo lol. Fair enought if your a sniper then lone wolf but if your a good one you won't get caught

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Anonymouse Find out more about Anonymouse
                              Working...
                              X