9mm Grenade + Concrete Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm Grenade + Concrete Room

At the Asylum (First and Only) I was shot inside the Cesers building, a 1m squared concrete room, with 2 doors. Whilst i was waiting for a medic, a 9mm BFG landed at my feet and went off, needless to say i crapped myself and lost the hearing in my right ear for the next few days. If was one of the best airsoft days ever.

Re: 9mm Grenade + Concrete Room

Aye, confined spaces and pyro can be a big heap of no fun for your ears.
    Many moons ago, I was at an event at Sennybridge where loads of teams had made their own pyro (tennis balls with crow scarers inside). One of them went off in a basement I was cowering in and the sound deafened me and shook me up quite a bit. Turns out I wasn't the only one: the event organisers banned their use shortly afterwards.

Nowadays, I always wear (replica) Sordins for urban for the active hearing protection they offer. Exploding pyro can cause permanent hearing loss so I try to protect mine now. After all, we wear glasses to protect our sight, why should this be different?
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

the tit that owned my local kept using Mk9's indoors. shook the building when they went off. I'm used to the feeling they give now and the noise but first few times they can make you feel a bit sick in a really small room.

pyro is pretty useful though so id never go without it. the forces member on here will know those little foam plugs? I use those pinched heaps of them for this purpose.

smoke indoors does my head in though.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
        they can make you feel a bit sick in a really small room.
        Glad it's not just me then!

smoke indoors does my head in though.
        +1 on that. Dangerous if nothing else. At Fireball's urban site we used to wear resi's until someone started testing lenses and found out they weren't ballistic rated.
        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
        George Carlin

Comment

I think i may be going deaf so i dont really mind.

At the academy a 9mm went off at my feet. i was standing next to another guy.

He mentioned his ears were ringing and he couldn't hear properly... I was perfectly fine and didn't know what the fuss was all about :P
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Originally posted by angry pirate View Post
            Glad it's not just me then!

+1 on that. Dangerous if nothing else. At Fireball's urban site we used to wear resi's until someone started testing lenses and found out they weren't ballistic rated.
            more so because you end up stinking of the smoke lol. suppose the trip hazzard ect is there too but I tend not to move when im covered in smoke indoors if you move your outline really stands out.

Originally posted by Tariq182 View Post
            I think i may be going deaf so i dont really mind.

At the academy a 9mm went off at my feet. i was standing next to another guy.

He mentioned his ears were ringing and he couldn't hear properly... I was perfectly fine and didn't know what the fuss was all about :P
            probably because of pyro lol.
            Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Try home made pyro in a small metal land rover sized container...

Comment

3g flash powder charge going off less than a foot away from your head. I was turning off one of my remote det boxes that had failed to fire, it delayed and went off when I had it in my hand. That was loud. Lovely ringing in my ears and temporary blindness as well.

Comment

sounds a lucky escape.

had a dodgey thermobaric go off in my hand once with no gloves on. as soon as the fly off lever went it detonated. (the 8 witnesses was the worst part though)

Comment

probably because of pyro lol.
                    Na. I think its all the music :P Been in bands for years. Been standing infront of the huge ass speakers and the drummer.. bassist FTL :P
                    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

...as an audiologist by profession id say its a pity these pyro in your face moments just cant be helped. Id definantely say be careful where pyros are being flung, also avoid throwing them at people yourself as well. Fair enough airsoft is fun but when the time finally comes to hang up my gloves and pack it in i dont want a body riddled with welts/scars and a pair of deaf ears

If a pyro lands near you, drop everything and cover your ears, tinnitus (ringing) is a serious health problem

Comment

Originally posted by frenky View Post
                        If a pyro lands near you, drop everything and cover your ears, tinnitus (ringing) is a serious health problem
                        Cover Ears and open your mouth abit to let the pressure escape.

Comment

Originally posted by frenky View Post
                          ...as an audiologist by profession id say its a pity these pyro in your face moments just cant be helped. Id definantely say be careful where pyros are being flung, also avoid throwing them at people yourself as well. Fair enough airsoft is fun but when the time finally comes to hang up my gloves and pack it in i dont want a body riddled with welts/scars and a pair of deaf ears

An audiologist that can't spell 'definitely' right?

Pardon me for being skeptical about the truth of that, it's quite an easy word to spell.
                          Last edited by Kodiak; 15 August, 2012, 00:42.

Comment

If you're an audiologist shouldn't you mention that if you cover your ears you should open your mouth so that the pressure has somewhere to go as it's possible to go deaf by just covering your ears...

Comment

lol yes i am an audiologist and i was being serious it just so happens i talk better than i type (and spell)

Interesting point about opening the mouth i didnt know that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheDicoda Find out more about TheDicoda
                              Working...
                              X