9mm Grenade + Concrete Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9mm Grenade + Concrete Room

Hmm, seems fair enough. I'm not one to judge someone I don't know, pardon my rudeness I'm just meticulous. I was considering doing audiology a couple of years ago, but I went with forensic science instead

Comment

Very wierd

Because i considered forensic sciences but went with audiology...even did blood spatter analysis as part of an open day

Back on topic, if a 9mm in a concrete room is bad my bro threw an impact grenade into a dark room, it actually hit the players gun and exploded practically in his face. He was a team mate as well...ooops

Comment

That's why 1) Impact grenades should be posted, not thrown, and 2) you shouldn't ever throw Pyro into a pitch black room - you have no idea who you could be throwing it at.
        Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Just thought i'd add this...

I have mild tinnitus in my left ear from being in a doom metal band for years. It isn't that fun at times.... haha.

Seriously, I would go mental if BFG's are being used in confined spaces.

Always be sure to cover ears and open mouth!

Comment

I spotted this was going to be an issue pretty soon after I started.
            I've gone for the surefire earpro gear, since it's lower profile than proper ear defenders/sordins, but is more comfortable than the standard foam/flexy plastic earplugs.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I use shotgun primers (.209's) in my BFG's to try and be kinder to the people on the receiving end (its also a lot cheaper). While they very are effective in small concrete rooms I have a lot of problems with people not noticing them in larger rooms and corridors. So am considering 9mm just so people hear the damn things and take the hit!

Comment

It's beyond me why most of us don't wear ear protection of some sort all the time.

Most just seem so flippant about all these accidents and close calls with pyro.

I only have hearing in my right ear due to an accident at work, that left me almost totally deaf for nearly a week!

I treat that lug hole like its one of my kids, probably better in fact, you don't know what you have until it's gone

Comment

My personal ear problems from stupid loud amplifiers was a massive wake-up call - i'm lucky that it could be so much worse.

I'm now way OCD about protecting what's left of my hearing - band/gigs and pyro!

Comment

now this is funny as fook sorry for the word that some people don't like
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIAMz...BKDGRbEWcTk_9A
                    Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

pryo or BFGs don't really bother me but they do scare the crap out of me when im defending a doorway and two come flying into the room going off next to me lol
                      Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheDicoda Find out more about TheDicoda
                      Working...
                      X