S Thunder wall mounted Gunrack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S Thunder wall mounted Gunrack.

Bought one of these and fitted it to the wall today. It comprises an alloy mounting rail one meter long with fixing screws and rawl plugs to mount to a wall. It will fit up to to TEN rifles on the one rail.
    NO rifle mounts are included. These you buy separately. To fit my guns i bought:
    Five of the M4 mounts
    Four AK mounts
    Two G36 mounts
    They only do one more type and that is an MP5 mount. I bought the G36 mounts with the intention of making a mount for my SA58 and my Ca33. The Alloy rail itself was quite straight forward to fit. You have to bear in mind that they fit mag towards the wall and so if you have a forward grip for instance you must space the alloy rail that comprises the mount far enough from the wall to clear the grip.
    I solved this by mounting the alloy rail on a wooden spacer 25mm thick. (Went to B&Q and bought a 1.8 meter plank and cut it to size in the garage). I personally cut the rail in half and have all my M4 type weapons on a rail spaced 25mm from the wall.
    All my AK type guns have a 50mm wooden spacer to allow for the fact that AK's require you to insert the mag from the front first then rock backwards in the magwell. This will make the gun foul on the wall if you don't put the wooden spacer in first.
    Now PROBLEMS. First off, the M4 mount is supposed to insert into the magwell and lock into place (same with all the others). Only it doesn't fit ALL M4's.
    So far i have tried it on:
    Battleaxe M4 magwell. NO.
    G&G GR300. YES.
    G&G FNC. NO.
    TM M4 Socom Recoil. NO.
    KA BW15 Carbine. NO.

On the AK side:
    LCT AMD56. YES. (Tight at first but beds in).
    LCT LCKS74NV. YES. (As above).
    Real Sword Type 56. YES.
    CYMA AK74MN. YES.
    KA Galil AR (EBB). YES. (Had to shave about 1mm off rear lug on yellow
    mount to enable
    mag release lever to click shut).

All in all at £40 for the mount rail plus £6.99 for each gun mount its ok if you don't mind doing a bit of work (such as making mounts out of proper rif mags to fit various M4's, HK33's, SIG 551's, SA58's etc etc).
    Personally i'm just going to get a box of Green label Pmags and a Lowcap for the others and mod them to the alloy base plates. I KNOW that ALL my M4's will fit with Pmags.
    If you want it for AK's its spot on.
    They DO however need to make a wider choice of weapon fitment for it to suit most peoples needs.
    Attached Files

Re: S Thunder wall mounted Gunrack.

very nice
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Picture 114.jpgPicture 113.jpgPicture 112.jpg

Figured it out. The M4's now fit and hold perfectly.
      A couple of strips of number plate tape with a thin strip of plastic where its needed to pad each mount out.
      Works a treat. I used the plastic cover from a magazine pack as the spacer. Just cut to size with scissors and stick down with double sided tape.
      Built myself a wooden gun rack to fit seven rifles rather than modify the mounts.
      Does the job just right.

Comment

Wish i had that kind of space to put my gear in,
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Moved the Mr's shoe collection out of one of the walk in cupboards.
          Lick of paint, bit of faffing about. Bob's your auntie.
          Cost more for the timber and screws etc than it did for the bloody wall rack.
          I was like, "It's wood mate. as in a tree right? Birds crap on them. And you want how much for half a dozen planks"????
          I'm in the wrong business.

Comment

Originally posted by 0880yorkie View Post
            Moved the Mr's shoe collection out of one of the walk in cupboards.
            And this is why you have space, I could not mover the Mrs stuff anywhere, mostly the women in the house decide on how much space most men are allocated.
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

0880yorkie Likes big cars, faster bikes, guns, beer and the wind in my flowing locks. Lol. Find out more about 0880yorkie
            Working...
            X