Collapse

Where to get room clearence training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to get room clearence training???

Thank you all for posting, appreciate your replies.

I'll do some research & make some calls to where will best suit us, there seems more options than I thought there would be

Comment

Re: Where to get room clearence training?

when you do let this guy know so he can go to lol

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ilding-assault

Comment

MOTTT sounds quite good, very local to me as well. Only a 15 minute drive!

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
          There is OP4 in Devon http://www.op4.co.uk/ they do pretty much what you seem to be looking for
          Looks like that place got shot down. At least no more ex mil staff as DS.
          AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

i think its still up and running and its still has its ex mil staff helping out
            Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Yep, Op4 has branched away from airsoft now completely, South West Wargames used to be the main banner, then OP4 piggy backed for a more professional stance but now they have completely gone their seperate ways.
              OP4 however do professional courses, anti piracy (Marsec), CP work etc etc.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't know if the OP was looking to improve his "airsoft game" or just wanted to learn these skills for his own reasons, but it's worth noting they rarely make a smidgen of difference when it comes to playing airsoft.

Room clearance and hostile intervention usually relies on an element of surprise/an alternative entrance route. These things don't really happen in airsoft games as both sides are usually clued bang on to where the "enemy" is coming from and when...

If you are indeed looking to further your own skills for maritime security jobs, CP work or something similar, I can whole heartedly recommend Associated Risks Group. I recently completed their Maritime Competency Course.

Comment

As the mentioned brother it is to improve our airsoft game.

As much as we love running around randomly running and gunning we seem to have a lot more fun doing more serious tactics. Since we have started we have had a few situations of doing fire and movement, corner pieing, flanking etc while working together. But there have been too many (though decreasing) instances of where if we had known each others movement better, checked corners better then those "deaths" would have been avoided or the movement more successful.

We have watched several videos on youtube on tactics but more focused direction on what to do, what we're doing wrong and sneaky tactics would be good. As we have been playing at Urban Assaults night games we can see the need for CQB tactics. The night aspect can add surprise and allows for some sneakiness!
                  sigpic

Comment

could try a place called ram training in birmingham
                    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

tbf - a lot of the ppl i bump into at games are ex or current military...you could probably just befriends them and ask them to take you through it - im sure if you asked your marshals nicely they'd let you turn up early for use of the rooms or let you run about during lunch time.

Comment

I frequently train with a Danish company called Stunt360 in stunt-related stuff and they have a number of serving Danish SF guys who run workshops for them in room clearing, stairwells, team movement, using six-bangers, shooting from a vehicle etc. If you can get on one of their dedicated "SWAT & Firearms" courses you can learn quite a bit. But they are in Denmark which is a bit of a trek from SE England

But on the whole can't see it being of any use unless you're playing with a team who have the same SOPs as you, most airsofters will be barrelling in with the tactical slide we saw endorsed in Act of Valour

Comment

Originally posted by Vyking View Post
                          I frequently train with a Danish company called Stunt360 in stunt-related stuff and they have a number of serving Danish SF guys who run workshops for them in room clearing, stairwells, team movement, using six-bangers, shooting from a vehicle etc. If you can get on one of their dedicated "SWAT & Firearms" courses you can learn quite a bit. But they are in Denmark which is a bit of a trek from SE England

But on the whole can't see it being of any use unless you're playing with a team who have the same SOPs as you, most airsofters will be barrelling in with the tactical slide we saw endorsed in Act of Valour
                          As others have said this is a difficult one for airsoft. When training like this happens in real world it's done with the same team mates and every body knows what each other will do. Unless you can get a large enough group of you that always play together and train together it'll be difficult. Another thing to consider is that in real world, one of the reasons these tactics work is because of the fear of being killed, which doesn't happen in airsoft. I've only been playing airsoft since late last year and have already noticed that a lot of the tactics I'm trained in (from close protection and the army) aren't as effective as they are in real world. To that end I wouldn't bother paying for a proper course as it'll be a lot of money. You're best bet is to either find an airsoft tactics course or find someone that could teach you.

Comment

I'vehad extensive room clearance training from the wife.

Usually,'it involves making sure I don't leave any beer bottles, crisp packets or choccy wrappers laying around after I watch a film. Also trained in cup-clearing drills and dishwasher loading techniques.
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                              I'vehad extensive room clearance training from the wife.

Usually,'it involves making sure I don't leave any beer bottles, crisp packets or choccy wrappers laying around after I watch a film. Also trained in cup-clearing drills and dishwasher loading techniques.
                              Christ. Your wife must know mine!!

Comment

I would be willing to show you guys at gzw one weekend if it's cool with the site? Go through everything from breaching to clearing hard and soft styles.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
                                Working...
                                X