Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small team/Pair Tactics

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
    Also be aggressive (not like punching people out ) but make a lot of noise when you are moving forwards, dont *say* 'move' shout it to each other. Quite often people free when someone runs at them shouting and it can give you that edge... obviously dont be an idiot about it and do it all the time but if you need to storm a barricade screaming your head off when running at it really can stop people firing at you... doesnt always work *sometimes* does but *not* doing it never works
    This... very much this.

In airsoft the opfor aren't trained soldiers, they're kids and accountants for the most part and as such respond well to a bit of psychology! :D

Comment

Agree with the shouting lark, Seen first hand how effective that can be on game days / weekenders.

Recently part of a three man team on a weekender, and ended up being IC of a platoon, so my two team mates became my Close Protection and that worked quite well as I was bounding over to different sections and getting them Gee'd up to go for the objectives.

Agree with the comments above about the need for good comms too, helps massively in the changing game to be able to shout up your team and get a location.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

I'd go slightly away from some of the advice above.

Obviously, if your role is intel gathering then you need to avoid getting stuck-in and concentrate on the job in hand. But, knowing GZW well, what's far more likely is that you'll separate from the main group and head off into a sort of search and destroy mission through the bushes. If this is the case, getting into a fight you have no hope of winning will still help the team as a whole. Two guys, working well together, can cause mayhem if the enemy don't know exactly where you are. Even if they do, they've still got to get through (or round) you to reach the area they were heading for when you saw them.

In the real world, unless you're planning on meeting your supply of virgins in the next few minutes, you have to make sure that there's at least a chance of survival before committing to the engagement. This, though, is airsoft and if you get hit you're only looking at a few minutes dead time before you're back in the game. If you see the opportunity to mix things up, then take it as long as you'll either take out more of them than there are of you, or you'll screw up their tactics by engaging.
        sigpic

Comment

Echo exactly what Caveira said,

I played exclusively this way with a friend for 2 years at GZW, it's a really fun way to play - although dont expect much of an ego boost as you never have a friendly audience!

Comment

Fight the enemy on your terms, not theirs. Make them jump through your hoops - hit them when and where they least expect it.

Everything else has pretty much been covered already. :D
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Don't be in each others pockets.

A small team of three of us worked to great effect by spacing out and showing trigger discipline. We were being sneaky crawling through the undergrowth, got into an engagement. Me and my buddy got smoked but they failed to notice number 3 who we maintain was cowardly, he maintains was "better".

He was off on a tangent, kept a low profile and let the dust settle. The enemy force thought they were great and started talking about their epic victory. No. 3 took them all out. While they were stood with their dicks swing ing in the wind, he took a knee, chose the order of execution and got on with it. had he been closer to us there is a good cahnce he would have been walking with us, not avenging us.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
              Working...
              X