Gestapo Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gestapo Loadout

I think the main point of poor taste might be that these people persecuted people based on race and were a key tool used by a fascist regime intent on wiping out an ethnic minority. They used some pretty horrible tactics and their main function was against unarmed passive citizens.

I would imagine that it would be distasteful to replicate a US marine with ears of small children hanging around his neck who (somehow) demonstrates that he enjoys killing unarmed women and children.

I do however think this type of loadout is fine if done with a degree of respect and that the person doing it understands what the real units actually did, thus educating people about historical atrocities.
    sigpic

Comment

Hang on a minute. People come with Taliban or terrorist load outs and there is no problems surely these guys are racists too? I personally don't give a monkeys what people come as. Its a game.

Comment

I don't really want to get into a debate, merely wanted to let people know why some people might find it inappropriate. I don't care either to be honest but I am sure there are some that could be offended. I am not saying they should be.

Personally my opinon is the distinction between groups who fight against other armed groups eg taliban v US and armed groups that slaughter unarmed passive civilians. This would include dressing as a British soldier that used mustard gas against Iraq civilians (around 1920 I believe).

In essence each to their own, just wanted to make sure people doing these impressions knew what they are re enacting.

Edit.

As for the loadout I think you would need to do a black leather trench coat, black leather gloves, high jack boots, trilby type hat, double breasted grey suit with white shirt and tie and maybe some ss type symbols. Some custom safety specs would really top it off (though make sure they are safe). Maybe doing it along the allo allo type would be more comfortable for some people.
        Last edited by emergencychimp; 18 September, 2012, 13:03. Reason: trying to keep it on topic
        sigpic

Comment

Just to let people know, I'm in no way pro-Gestapo/SS. I just like the look of the uniform, and I think it would be a little something different to see on the airsoft field.
          Thanks for all the suggestions, and please do keep them coming.

Comment

Ok guys I will put this into german loadouts...
            Cheers Tac

Comment

Still wondering about this. Any suggestions?

Comment

Watch Hell Boy or Indiana Jones (Raiders of the lost Ark or The Crystal Skull)

There is plenty enough screen time of those sorts of costumes.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTIGHE View Post
                  I just like the look of the uniform
                  But there is no uniform, they were a secret police unit in effect.

If I was going to do this, I'd go down the lines of Herr Flick:

BTW, in my mind, the difference between this and (for example) a taliban loadout is that terry is an opfor, whereas the gestapo went out of their way to avoid combat. What's the point of having a loadout based on a unit who would never have been seen on the battlefield. Russian political commisars would at least have been near the action, if only to shoot their own people when retreating, and had a specific uniform.
                  sigpic

Comment

The other minor issue is that 99 per cent of WWII games will tell you to go home and refund your day fee.

It's pretty much a universally agreed rule among the organisers of WWII airsoft games that political german uniforms are not allowed (its just not worth the flak if the press get hold of it and again, as stated they were not combat troops), your local open day might let you wear it but I know you'd have been turned away from a CiA or PBI game or asked if you'd be prepared to borrow regular army kit.

Just depends on where you're intending to play, if you are meaning to get into the WWII scene you'll probably find it counter productive.

Comment

What about an SD Loadout (Sicherheitsdienst) this was the sister unit to the Gestapo and wore a uniform and served behind the front lines. (I think people get away with SS uniforms at airsoft)
                      AEG's: 2 x D'boys PDW, TM M16, JG G3 with Cetme Wood Kit, G&G Raider S, G&G Raider L, Glock 18c, Well MP7, ICS M4, TM MP5, ICS MP5, Beretta M93R, JG MC51, JG Bar 10, Cyma AKS74U & a JG MP5 SD6.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JRTIGHE Find out more about JRTIGHE
                      Working...
                      X