Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

probably worth looking at some of the serbian/bosnian militia groups in the balkan wars that were on about 15 years ago.

In the early days you see a lot of units equipped in civvy clothes dyed black, leather jackets, track suits.... occasionally local factories are requisitioned by the rebels and made to make unifomrs, often in odd colours like purple as they used ot make ladies coats and that was the only colour they had etc.

One thing you do see if that no matter how disparate and mismatched the kit they nearly always are able to make embroidered patches or armbands to sew onto stuff.

I've got a US M65 woodland parka that was used in the Kosovan war and thats just had a UCK badge sewn on the sleeve, other guys in the same unit would have worn flecktarn, alpenflage and us woodland mixed together.

Like dieselmonkey says though, unless your'e in a 'hard' rebel area you'd want to look as much like a civilian as possible. But in areas where your faction pretty much have unversal support and dominate the ground it would have been possible to be quite 'overt'

Again going back to the IRA in hardline republican areas they coud pretty much get away with looking quite paramilitary as 99 per cent of the local population would shelter them, hide kit for them etc.

Comment

V for Vendetta load out?

Would certainly be original...

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

shellsuits

Comment

Originally posted by eatthis View Post
          shellsuits
          That's right. Liverpool just joined the rebels!

102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356712858.137850.jpg
            Sasha from Behind Enemy Lines

Comment

As an addition to the weapons front dont forget the invasion caches from ww2 and the cold war... so stens, tommy guns , lee enfields , slrs , gpmgs, bren gun , all the goodies like that

Comment

in about 5 years it will be this

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
                  in about 5 years it will be this

????? Whats this pic got to do with the thread or is it just a bit of casual racism

Comment

Just a bit a of fun mate, calm down son, ain't no more 'Racist' than the Sasha or Scouse picture is it.

Comment

Just want to know why you think it would look like that in 5 years. Maybe you should wipe the sand out of your vagina princess.

Comment

Because there's alot of young Airsofters out there who might forget to shave while playing with their toy guns.

Comment

One of the more obvious implications of what you posted certainly is certainly racist, if you're not saying that Eastern Europeans are all coming over here and takin r jerbs - a racist caricature of immigration issues, then fair enough but you might want to be clearer about that in future and be aware that such jokes aren't kosher. That subject is a minefield you see.

Originally posted by wilky115 View Post
                          [ATTACH]74425[/ATTACH]
                          Sasha from Behind Enemy Lines
                          I do like how simple this look is. Bare essentials for openly carrying a weapon or two. I think the fingerless gloves are a nice touch as well.

EDIT: If there's one thing I like about Far Cry 3, it's how tie-on armbands, bandanas on the head and face are all signifiers of alliegience to Vaas' or Hoyt's men, little splashes of red or yellow depending on faction. Clearly we see some of this already with airsoft arm bands but I think these are elements that could be applied easily to a civvie look much like the rebel fighters of occupied European countries in WW2.
                          Last edited by Hawaiian Special Forces; 28 December, 2012, 18:24.

Comment

I wasn't saying that eastern europeans are coming over here and taking our jobs, the Sasha picture to says that more, I was pointing a 'tounge in cheek' finger at the ever growing number of a certain religious group of Ali G types that have now made me the Minority in my on Home town and capital city. But haho, I do like their camo.

Comment

certain religious group of Ali G types that have now made me the Minority in my on Home town and capital city.
                              Now you are being racist. Stop goddamn posting.

Comment

So where are they going to get all the AKs from? Plus the fact that the majority of the ethnic group you hinted at are a peace loving lot I dont see how your picture has any relevance here.
                                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X