Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ultra modern SEAL team kit, some newbie advice wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra modern SEAL team kit, some newbie advice wanted.

US kit is a bit of a blind spot in my interest/knowledge but i need to get up to speed on it quickly.

Can anyone recommend any *good* books on ultra modern US kit, or websites for that matter.

I'm interested in body armour, helmets, plate carriers, LBE, boots, fatigues etc etc worn by US Navy seals at the moment.

I realise this changes on a daily basis and while i'm not lazy and happy to do my own research i'd rather minimise the ammount of dead ends and go straight to the decent referecne material.

If anyone is bored or kind enough to give me a run down on typical and issue kit used at the moment in their reply i'd appreciate it but dont expect it.

Pics would be good too as I really would have no idea if a googles pic of 'US NAVY SEAL' would be 2002 or 2012 and I really need to look into kit worn *now* (or at least within the last three years).

Any help appreciated.

As said i'm looking for some good pointers towards research so answers like 'google is your friend' or 'use the search button' i appreciate but dont help, i'm trying to minimise the ammount of time wading through 200 page threads of arguing to find the info i need.

Cheers

Gadge

Re: Ultra modern SEAL team kit, some newbie advice wanted.

This might help:

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/c...-bin-laden.php

Looks like:

AOR-1 everything uniform (and everything else)
    Mich 2001 with £60k NVG's :P
    AOR-1 RAV and plate carrier
    unsure of the boots mate

hope this helps
    Last edited by Pricey; 18 October, 2012, 13:24.

Comment

Right now i'm compiling links and info, i'll check that link out in a mo but everything helps, cheers!

Comment

No Easy Day by 'Mark Owen' has kit pics and text mentioning of the gear used in the Bin Laden Raid which will be pretty recent. There is of course also a pretty detailed thread on another well known airsoft forum, they were very helpful when I asked about my SEALs setup Mk16.

Comment

for helmets look towards the Opscore Range, Devgru have just ordered in the maritime version. As for camo, you can use aor1/2 or multicam, and plate carriers can be anything from the JPC and CPC to the new 6094 UW in mass grey!
          Double Tap Jack

Comment

Very useful information here:

http://silentpro.wordpress.com/ As well as some great pics.

Comment

Yup, definitely go where Sam linked you to, great source of information and reference pictures, updates weekly.

Stalker.
              WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
                This might help:

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/c...-bin-laden.php

Looks like:

AOR-1 everything uniform (and everything else)
                Mich 2001 with £60k NVG's :P
                AOR-1 RAV and plate carrier
                unsure of the boots mate

hope this helps
                What do you mean AOR1 RAV and plate carrier? RAV is a plate carrier, and there is none in AOR1...

Comment

Watch Act of Valour.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                    What do you mean AOR1 RAV and plate carrier? RAV is a plate carrier, and there is none in AOR1...

Please correct me if I am mistaken but I thought that the one on the shelf on the left and the one on the floor to the right were a RAV and RICAS style carriers.
                    Last edited by Pricey; 20 October, 2012, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post

On the shelf on the left and on the floor to the right.

They are not ravs... one is a LBT 6094 and the one on the floor is a Crye Precision Cage Plate Carrier!

A RAV is a Paraclete Plate carrier
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Parky
                      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

That's me corrected, thankyou

Comment

PCU LV.5 jacket , AOR1/2 combats , ops core helmet , LBT 6094 , RRV, the Fancy new Crye plate carriers would all be easily recognisable SEAL gear.
                          Weapon wise it would be an mk18 or a hk 416/17 with a sig.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Not to undermine you but is there any pictoral evidence of the 417 being used by SEALs yet dude? Would like to see it TBH...

Comment

Good enough?
                              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                              Working...
                              X