why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is there always a royal marine?

Why do I always end ultimately being stuck at skirmishes with people pretending to be ex royal marines?

Anyone else had experiences of people talking utter b.s.?

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

yep, loads of times, funny how the walts always claim to be marines/paras/sf etc, dozens of regiments in the army but the only obnoxious loudmouths you meet playing airsoft claim to be from "high end" regiments.

Comment

Don't understand the logic of these people pretending to be "real soldiers" whilst playing at being "pretend soldiers"

Comment

Bigging themselves up.

You can always tell just by the way they move they aren't what they say they are.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Some are actually from the "high end" forces. Even those from the other not as flash regiments and trainings do claim to be BRF or even SFSG at points.

Some players have not so much a mitty complex but love to appear as flash as they can.

Sent from a smartphone... and?
          Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

There is Kudos in passing the courses for RM / Para Reg / SF.

Everybody in the world knows you are either tougher than Chuck Norris, a mentally unhinged lunatic or a combination of the two if you have genuinely passed those sorts of courses. I suppose if you are going to be a Walter Mitty, you may as well dream big.

I know loads of serving players who go out of their way to not wear issue kit, or de-badge their kit and not shout out orders to all and sundry... it is comical when "never served" claims to be some SF punter. It is equally puzzling... there is no shame in admitting you work in retail or as a blue collar worker!

Comment

Try getting stuck with one for an entire hostage type game. Dont need waterboarding for interrogation just 30 minutes of some idiot prattling on about something he has no idea about.

Comment

Yeah I hate that... You never hear me spouting off about my time in the regiment. Not very gentleman-like at all... Walts need to be hunted down and humiliated.
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Walts just need to stop pretending they are either serving, or once served, and have a reality check, in my opinion, or even better, just stay away from airsofting altogether.

Now that's said, I remember a while back, I was on my way home from a milsim weekender, wearing a mix of multicam and DPM, and a random chappie asked if he could shake my hand, and then I realised he thought that I am a serving soldier, and being honest (and certainly not being Walter Mitty!), I set him straight, and explained why I was decked out in my kit, and the ironic thing is, given the subject of this thread, a real, serving Royal Marine just happened to be at the same station waiting for a train.

Kudos to that guy for his service, however long it may last, and also to the random chappie for showing his support, to our armed forces.

All I was doing, was having a quick ciggie, while waiting for my train back home at the time this happened.
                  Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

fave memory of mine was when one such walt, alongside half a dozen other players from the other team, captures me & my then 12 y.o. son.
                    when he stated "lets search them both before tieing them up", WTF, needless to say he wasn't quite so vocal about his abilities after i foretold his future should he place a hand on my son or myself...........& his teammates drifted off giggling at him.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      fave memory of mine was when one such walt, alongside half a dozen other players from the other team, captures me & my then 12 y.o. son.
                      when he stated "lets search them both before tieing them up", WTF, needless to say he wasn't quite so vocal about his abilities after i foretold his future should he place a hand on my son or myself...........& his teammates drifted off giggling at him.
                      That certainly put him in his place!! And I wouldn't think twice about a similar response myself either, if someone thought they was going to tie my hands behind my back, and I sure as hell wouldn't restrain myself, if someone was going to capture/tie up my son, if I was to take him airsofting in the future.
                      Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

I remember getting on a train once, just got back from Norway so still wearing rig carrying my Bergen. Some lovely old dear stood up and offered me her seat. I refused that obviously, it was the fact a 60-70 year old woman offers her seat up yet none of the suits or students had the grace to, not even for the pregnant woman who ended up sitting on my bergen rather than the floor in the vestibule.
                        There are some good people out there.
                        However thats way off topic.
                        I like catching walts out in public, silly little things they should know.
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

We never had any of this when I was in the 101st Chairborne Piefinders.... But then I transfered to the 134th Spaceshuttle Doorgunner Regiment, which I can't talk about- Very hush-hush. I'd have to kill you if I did.
                          Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

classic.
                            Never happened in the 25 SAS either!

Comment

my son in law plays he is rm now in sfsg i would never dream of even telling anyone what he did but then he knows what he does and thats all that matters

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                              Working...
                              X