why is there always a royal marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Ironicly, i know a guy who went the other way (make your own jokes)

He genuinely is a pilot, but used to tell the girls he was the cleaner / odd job man / toilet unblocker. If he got lucky and saw them again he would take them to "work" for a tour of his real job.

When questioned about his methodology he was adamant (no, not Adam Ant...) that he got more girls through being humble than through larging it... "Who the hell is going to believe you in a bar when you claim to be the English version of Tom Cruise?"

Comment

A little story of mine,
      Me and a friend once played at a new site we've never been to before,at the time I was a proud member of 3 commando but never shared any story's to big myself up, of anything on tours, training etc,
      Only the funny shit we used to get up to or our hate for officers !
      We turned up at this new site,prepped our kit,mags etc,our kit was our issue dpm's,webbing etc, commando badges on our arms and our green berets as you do,
      We started our skirmish day and I noticed another bootie kitted up and a para,touch I thought,people we can relate to,know some tactics bla bla bla, I thought we,d have a good day with them, once we got talking the bootie was a 16 year old kid and the para was he's dad who was about 50 odd,I knew straight away they were ball shiters, the thing that got me was they wouldn't leave us alone all day and all the ball shit war story's and general crap about life in the force's,it started to fuck me off big time,I couldn't give a rats about someone looking like a serving soldier and even whearing badges and berets with cap badges if that's the look they wana go for but don't pretend they are what there not,to cut a long story short at the end of the day the guys where still giving it the bollocks about being on tours and I finally snapped,said to them what a couple of cunts I thought they where ball shitting to two serving marines in full kit ! Not once did these dicks even realise we where legit !
      Things got heated as they couldn't see anything wrong with what they where doing and I ended up punching the dad,
      We got banned from the site,no biggy as it was shit anyway but the worst thing is the marshals couldn't see anything wrong with what these dicks where doing !
      Like I say I don't mind people dressing up in the proper kit but don't ball shit about it please,we've had to work real hard to earn our ranks,we've been to some horrible places,seen some evil sights and had to do things we didn't ever think we would but we don't talk about it !

Comment

Maybe took it a little far but f**k it, wonder if he learned never to piss off a royal?
        3 CDO you say? As in Stonehouse?
        I'm next door at the moment in MT troop. Finishing my days in style.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
          On the lash last night a guy introduced himself as an 'aviation engineer', attempting to dazzle me with his big words and extensive knowledge.... He blatantly knew nothing about aircraft.
          He then told me how he was a marine for 14 years, his unit was the 'airborne special forces', he served in Iraq - based in Saudi and loved telling me what a hero he was in response to my questions.

My grin gave me away and he said 'you're trying to catch me out aren't you?', 'yes' I said, 'how am I doing?' To which I replied 'SHIT!'....
          As he walked off mumbling to himself, I said to him 'by the way I'm an aircraft engineer' and gave him a wink.
          Turned out my mate had an encounter with him last week - last week he was an airline pilot.
          Airbourne special forces - isn't that what the RAF Regt want to be!
          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Known as WAFUs in the navy!
            Sun chair troopers!
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yeah i was at Stonehouse 4 a while,
              Maybe i took it a little far but i said to the guy that he and he's son where a joke and explained to him that some of us had to earn our cap badges and nothing but a good happens in war zones so we dont blag about being there and what we get up to like he was all day,he told me to F off and if i didnt like it that we should make something of it and it went on from there as you can Imagen,
              because im a marine doesnt mean im a nutter or a matcho man who starts on people, in fact im only 5'7 and not very big built so i dont look anything anyway but i can handle myself if needed !
              Ive seen enough shit in my life that most things mean nothing to me and i just laugh it off so a kid in a uniform is the least of my worries,it takes all lot to make me loss my call but those two just pushed the right buttons that day !
              Ive got no problem and nether has any of my friends with others dressing up in a certain loadouts,and if there going to do it then do it properly with the right cap badges etc but tell people that its just a loadout and dont give it the billy big balls because we will catch you out straight away !

Comment

Always wonderd if a wanna-b royal would do a proper RM load out for a game, of buck naked with only boots and beret. That would sort the real men from the boys and be an instant give away. Lol

Comment

RM wear women's clothes! FACT!

Stu, tbh the guy pushed the wrong buttons. Sh*t happens on a sh*t site.

Comment

Gotta be honest, I don't think you took it too far at all... I would have followed him off the site and chinned him when nobody was watching, but at least you embarrassed him in front of everyone.

Comment

interesting topic.. didn't read it all but something semi related, in photos you can always spot the airsofters from the real soldiers, even if they have the same equipment (apart from a toy gun).

not sure if this is because the posture, environment.. something else?

Definitely off topic but the clothes used to be a huge give away when I was a bike courier (yes, there is actually TONS of people pretending to be bike couriers :S ). clean clothes / face and new looking equipment is huge give aways.. that and the lack of a radio
                      my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

It is hard to ignore people like this and although I wouldn't publicly condone twatting the bloke, there are limits and I'm not sure I wouldn't have done it myself.
                        I teach shooting as a career and the number of people who gob off about their time with such and such a unit is remarkable to say the least
                        My Brother did 17 years as a Boot and I did 14 as a Rockape so we have a fairly high "Twat Meter setting" but there are days when it's hard not to react.
                        "Momento Te Esse Mortalium"
                        "Im not FAT.....Im HUSKY"

Comment

I've always found you can tell the thing from a Walt just from the way they hold themselves. The Walter mitty's are generally very smugly confident and soldiers are more quietly confident ( for the most point).

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

The sites I go to are fairly tight knit and I've never seen any Walts at either of them. The only thing though, is that when the younger players find out I'm ex squaddie, they seem to look to me for some pointers. The look on their faces when I tell them I'm ex Med Corps and spent most of my time drunk, smoking or high off Entonox is classic.

**Disclaimer - Entonox is not to be used for recreational purposes***

Comment

[QUOTE**Disclaimer - Entonox is not to be used for recreational purposes***[/QUOTE]

definitely not, always gives me a sore throat.

your comment about youngster looking to ex-squaddies for pointers rings true for me................if asked i usually point out that was a lifetime ago, when i was fit as a butchers dog & weighed about 50% less...........now just literally surviving a skirmish day without having a connery is a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                Why don't they just say they are all in the navy then?
                                Get away with being overweight and a bumbling idiot and no one would question it! :p
                                Hey mr Clark we're not all fat and overweight lol
                                Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X