• Show
Clear All

Re: why is there always a royal marine?

Originally posted by felix80 View Post
    Hey mr Clark we're not all fat and overweight lol
    Sorry mr pilsbury, oh sorry, Woodford!
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
      [QUOTE**Disclaimer - Entonox is not to be used for recreational purposes***
      definitely not, always gives me a sore throat.

your comment about youngster looking to ex-squaddies for pointers rings true for me................if asked i usually point out that was a lifetime ago, when i was fit as a butchers dog & weighed about 50% less...........now just literally surviving a skirmish day without having a connery is a bonus.[/QUOTE]

I trained religiously up until 3 years ago but only discovered airsoft 2 years ago. I'm getting back into training to make airsoft easier and, well, I was 40 last month and I'm half way through a Personal Trainer diploma, so i have to at least look the part. I even went through laser eye surgery for airsoft!

Comment

royal marines is the main advertised thing on tv and radio ect at the mo for recruitment thats got something to do with it we have lots of squaddies at my local as its one of the nearest to catterick but today this one "army" bloke was yelling hishead of wih bs and it ended up the whole site was just shootinghim in paticular for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by Jonezy View Post
          Was that June time? Do you remember what he looked like, as I know there was a few marine's playing that weekend and I know a few had those chorly grenade's! If it is one of them, then I can take the piss for having crap drills lol
          Bloody hell, he was gen? Yeah I think it was around June...

Unfortunately I have drank since then so I'm not 100% but I remember him being fairly lanky and skinnyish, dark hair, head to toe in MC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
            Bloody hell, he was gen? Yeah I think it was around June...

Unfortunately I have drank since then so I'm not 100% but I remember him being fairly lanky and skinnyish, dark hair, head to toe in MC.
            I think I know who! The piss taken starts now lol

Comment

I know a guy just like this ... some bullashit. CBA with it to be fair, I MAKE bits for tanks and shit I don't use them!

Comment

My response is always "that's my regiment, I don't know you" 9 times out of 10 there face glows red and they find an excuse to leave quickly or the back the claims up at which point I say "...just checking...."

Comment

With no military background myself I feel unqualified to get angry about "walting", but as a human being who can tell BS when I hear it these guys drive me nucking futs. Its just plain insulting that the assumption is I am going to buy any of it.
                  Had a guy claiming to be former RMP a year ago. He'd taken to friendly-firing me all game because I'd had a word with his kid (with grace) for lighting me up. I had a word after and he told me how he was former RMP and "we wouldn't want any accidents".

Comment

Walts are funny, and entertaining.

What's funnier is someone being accused of being a walt because 'green jackets didn't serve in the Falklands'... Well maybe that's because he was a Sapper at the time you throbber.

Comment

idiots provide the very best entertainment, keep the storys coming folks

Comment

There's a yank at my local sight , he's a bout 16-17 I would guess but I'm not too sure. Anyway he always wear these pretty awful MarPat BDUs with a pretty obviously fake USMC insignia on the right arm sleeve , with no eagle , globe and anchor on the other areas it should be. He claimed to have been a marine back home before moving over the pond. He wears a gillie suit and runs around like a grunt and sits at the back never getting stuck in with a gun that shoots at best 100 feet, his drills are shocking too. His mum picks him up after every game and I almost pissed my self when this happened.

He was wearing a cheap china made "SWAT" vest and he never takes his hits so I gave him a good old burst with my almost stock G&P firing 295 for cqb and it hit his zip and broke end off ( glory of Chinese quality) and later that day when his mum picked him up he was heard to say " oh my god mom some guy had this like really modded gas draganoz and it was shooting 500 fps and he wouldn't take his hits and shot my zipper off"

The fact alone he doesn't know it's a dragunov... Basically anyway my suspicions were confirmed when he told some younger guys about 12 that he was Force Recon, me being quite knowledgeable on their gear started talking to hi, and asking him about gear. I asked him:
                        " what do you think about this FSBE II kit then?"
                        His befuddled expression gave it away as he answered...
                        " yeah I quite like the acr it's pretty good.

I'll leave it at that...

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          Why don't they just say they are all in the navy then?
                          Get away with being overweight and a bumbling idiot and no one would question it! :p
                          Bite me! Lol I'm ex Navy, loved it. Aircraft technician to be precise, great life...loads of Sunbathing whilst the booties were playing Tarzan. Shagging all the Ladies (& Wrens) possible, going to the sick bay with a dose every few months.....Great times lol

Comment

Originally posted by rubi-tong View Post
                            Bite me! Lol I'm ex Navy, loved it. Aircraft technician to be precise, great life...loads of Sunbathing whilst the booties were playing Tarzan. Shagging all the Ladies (& Wrens) possible, going to the sick bay with a dose every few months.....Great times lol
                            Im due to be ex as of January.
                            Personally I wouldnt touch most wrens with a boats hook attached to a doodlebug. :p
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Time served or had enough?
                              Wish I'd have stayed in (did 9 years), a mate of mine who I joined with has 1 year left! 22years done....retires at 41!
                              He's off to Canada with his wifey and lad.
                              I've just been lay'd off 3 weeks before Christmas... If you can, stay in or at least put more thought into your resettlement course than I did.
                              Mark

Comment

Not sure if walting, but wondered what people made of this. A friend of mine stumbled onto it the other night.

http://www.22-regiment-rratf.co.uk/regimental-prayer/

Would be interested to know if the guy's a genuine ex-RM, I thought he probably was given that he's got pictures of himself on facebook in full dress RM kit, but just felt there's something a bit odd about the whole deal?
                                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                                It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sickboy76 Find out more about sickboy76
                                Working...
                                X