45th Guards Seperate Reconnaissance Regiment of VDV '2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45th Guards Seperate Reconnaissance Regiment of VDV '2011

Thought I'd post up a few pictures of a themed loadout I used at GMA Tuddenham at the Filmsim weekend on the 8th/9th December. I have copied the impression from a well publicised photoshoot of a training op of the 45th Guards Seperate Reconnaissance Regiment of VDV taken in 2011, so its pretty modern.

The 45th VDV are the most modern VDV unit having been formed only in Feb 1994 and currently have two operational battalions. It was formed when two other regiments were merged (901st Separate Landing Assault Battalion and 218th Separate Battalion for Special Operations of VDV). The units full name is the 45th Separate Guards Order of Kutuzov Order of Alexander Nevsky Special Purpose Regiment. They fought with distinction in both the 1st and 2nd Chechen wars and more recently in the 2008 South Ossetian conflict.

They are unique to the VDV as they are under the operational command of the GRU (Military Intelligence), and are trained to operate as scouts behind enemy lines and to carry out other special reconnaissance and operations tasks. The units headquarters are in Moscow.

Kitlist:

Cyma AKM with PBS-1 and PK-A Collimator Scope
    SPOSN/SSO Trehtochechnik sling

Mil-tec Flectarn Boonie
    SPOSN/SSO Sumrak Sniper Suit
    SPLAV Face Protection
    Sever Pattern Jumper

SPOSN/SSO Smersh Set

I've tried to copy the unit's pointman and its pretty accurate. Few little mistakes, but the one that annoys me the most is that I've lost my ANA face wrap and so have had to use my SPLAV one and it doesnt really go. Would have looked alot better with the OD ANA wrap. The other little mistakes are that my SMERSH is a newer versian and I am wearing a SPOSN Sumrak rather than the cheaper Ivanovo version the pointman is wearing (although most of the rest of the unit ARE wearing SPOSN Sumraks). As its winter I am also wearing a thick jumper rather than the t-shirt the guys are wearing on the op. Too bloody cold in british winters to wear only a tee under a sniper suit!

Lastly, the weapon accessories are not quite correct. The sling I've used is a different SPOSN model and I'm using a Belo-russian PK-A scope that see's only very limited use in Russian Armed Forces. I however find it an impressive sight for airsoft, hence it is included here.

Pretty cheap to put this together, with a basic 45th loadout probably acheivable for under £350 (including rifle). The most expensive part being the SMERSH rig (looking at about £130ish to import a brand new set), however you could always use OD PLCE or US Alice as an alternative if you have it. Ivanovo Sumrak versions can be picked up for £35ish and CYMA AKMs go for £150ish over here. For altenative guns you could use modern SVDs, AK-74Ms, VSSs (good luck) or a PKM.

Hope you like, and comments please

Re: 45th Guards Seperate Reconnaissance Regiment of VDV '2011

that looks well nice. especially the smersh webbing. Its also nice to see a modern vdv loadout. :D

Comment

You have pleased the Vozdushno Desantnye Voyska with this loadout comrade!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. I'm shooting at Gunman Tudders all weekend and will be rocking a 2008 Vityaz loadout on saturday and (maybe) a generic VV MVD gorka loadout on sunday so expect pics then.

Here are a few reference pics of the actual 45th:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nellboy Find out more about nellboy
        Working...
        X