Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Me Your Madbull DRM Threading Die

Hi all,

I'm upgrading my SOPMOD on the cheap, and want to use donor parts from my Inokatsu, which is also being upgraded. These donor parts include the RIS, which is RS-sized and doesn't fit the original TM delta ring very well. I could buy a G&P delta ring assembly, but I'd much rather use the free-to-me Inokatsu parts, so I thought I'd swap the Inokatsu's delta ring assembly in too. Unfortunately, the Inokatsu delta ring assembly (WA-pattern GBBR) has RS threading (1.250" 18tpi/M31.8 x 1.5mm), and the Marui upper receiver (TM AEG) presumably has AEG threading, which aren't compatible.

Therefore, I thought I'd ask if anyone owns - or knows of anyone who owns - a suitable die. Madbull sold M31.8 x 1.5 dies as 'Delta Ring Modification' ('DRM') kits, either entry or professional level, which would be perfect. Other retailers sell similar RS-oriented kits. I can't see the point in buying one of these tools just for one upper receiver, so what I'd like to do is rent someone else's. I'd pay for shipping both ways, and pay a hire fee for use of the tool. Alternatively, if a professional could rethread the receiver for me cheaply, I'd be happy to send just the upper over - whatever works best.

Please reply/PM me if you've any ideas!

Re: Rent Me Your Madbull DRM Threading Die

A promising lead fell through when the user stopped replying to PMs, so I'm afraid I'm still asking. Anyone got something?

Comment

I have one. PM me your details. No need for a rental fee just cover postage as you said by recorded delivery and you can borrow it. I do use it fairly regularly so I can't be without it for ages though

Comment

Hey pure silver? Do you still need this?

Comment

Hi - I'm so sorry for not getting back to you, I didn't see this! Amazingly I did manage to find someone on Arnies and my local are working with it now, so hopefully everything's sorted. Thankyou very much for the offer!

Comment

Would this also work on my G&P body to fit a Madbull rail that has TM sized thread?

Comment

What rail Jez?

I thought TM and G&P had the same threads?

Comment

Cant remember its at home but its the one you can get the G&P collor for £23 to adapt it. One collor it comes with fits everything but G&P

Comment

I got that wrong G&P have the same threads as WE and WA and I needed to buy that one separately for my Noveske rail.

The included one does indeed fit everything but the 3 above.... Lol

If its a Noveske rail I can point you in the direction of the G&P barrel nut

Comment

Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                      Would this also work on my G&P body to fit a Madbull rail that has TM sized thread?
                      I think "no" is the answer.
                      The "DRM kit" appears to be a die for rethreading the receiver to the real-steel 1.25" 18TPI (M31.8 x 1.5) thread.

What puzzles me is what is the "AEG thread" if it can be recut? It'd have to be bigger, or the die wouldn't be of any use.
                      If it's the same pitch thread, it could be closer to the real steel, but if it's a different pitch, it'd have to be at least 34mm diameter to be able to cut the new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                        Please!
                        PM'd mate

But I've just realised what you said earlier, if its TM thread, the included barrel nut will fit.
                        If its G&P thread you will have to buy the other one.

Edit

ignore that I just read it a third time.....lol

Comment

I have a gp body I brought and it don't fit any normal ris does this me it's a rs thread or not and how can I sort it as it's a pain

Comment

You can sometimes get away with using a small file to deepen the threads a touch on the receiver to get a rail to fit. I have the rethreading tool and have used a file to make it work when that thing's failed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PureSilver Find out more about PureSilver
                            Working...
                            X