KWC 1911a1 100th anniversary co2 GBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWC 1911a1 100th anniversary co2 GBB

quick review of my latest purchase, I decided to opt for a co2 gun as I'm getting fed up with the soggy and cold uk weather not really letting me get the most enjoyment out of my pistol. this beast should cycle in single figure and freezing temps no problem, but I expect I'll need to change the buld more often in the cold.

The co2 powerlett/bulb full size mag holds 17 bbs and is good for 4 re-loads before shots start dropping and you need a new bulb. this is with the temp @ around 8*c. also a big plus for me is the kwc co2 mags are flush with the butt of the grip as they should be , so no big ugly lip like the kjw / hi cappa style 1911 mags.

The 1911 is full metal with a nice weight to it (similar to a WE 1911), I got the 100th anniversary edition with very crisp and clear laser etched colt trades, finished in gun metal grey rather than black. grips are diamond hatched plastic. I'm lookin to get some nice wood grips in the future.

the tollerances are very tight on the slide /mag catch / trigger / hammer and it feels much better made than the WE 1911 I tried previously which had loads of play in it.

The trigger pull is very short and light, it has a working grip safety, single action, with half cocking just like the real steel. The slide racks with a hefty clack and you're ready to fire! the blowback is fast, hard and loud! knocking them down range at about 340FPS on .2g. I'm going for .25s for more stable flight path.

the accuracy is pretty decent on .25s, but not spectacular. I can hit a centre mass size target at 25m no probs. so ideal for my kinda room clearing / tight space cqb usage. the hop unit is fitted with a H shape nub, and is TM style under barrel so you gotta strip off the slide to dial it in, but once set there is no creep.

So all in all for under £100, this is a decent shooting, hard hitting, hard kicking, full metal 1911 with nice trades and asthetics that will work well in possibly ALL weather!!
    so where is the negative??? er... bascially spare mags! these are a bit like rocking horse poo! I've managed to find a couple and will hold on to these for dear life. otherwise get good with a speed loader.

this point aside KWC have upper their game in MASSIVE style.

Re: KWC 1911a1 100th anniversary co2 GBB

i also have one of these, immediately sold my WE1911 to fund buying a second KWC to put in the bottom of the wardrobe in case i cannot get another when the one i have dies (assuming it will)

THAT's how impressed i am with this pistol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mr lean 81 Find out more about mr lean 81
    Working...
    X