Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th OSN VV MVD 'Vityaz'

6th OSN VV MVD 'Vityaz' 2008 CQB Training

Here is the 'Vityaz' loadout that I wore at Gunman Tuddenham, that is a recreation of a Vityaz training exercise from 2008. Gear is pretty much spot, with a few mistakes and additions. The reference pics I used were from 2008 but the suit seems to be in use with MVD right up until at least 2010 and even beyond (last reference pic I have is for 2010).

'Vityaz' (russian for knight), are a special purpose unit of the MVD (Ministry of Internal Affairs) under the command of ODON stationed in Moscow. Since being merged with 8th OSN 'Rus' they are now officially called the 604th Red Banner Special Purpose Center. They work with and support Alfa and are trained to much higher standard than regular infantry. It was assigned specifically to counter-terrorism duties, but was also trained to stop civil unrest, prison rebellions and mutinies of regular army units, should they occur.

Operationally active during both chechen wars, they were also used during the Moscow Theatre siege in 2002. Interestingly they also operate a private security firm that also operates under the 'Vityaz' name.

Here are a couple of detail pics. Firstly the SPOSN holster:

And the Pk-A scope:

Kitlist:
    TM AK-74MN with PK-A Collimater Scope and Ak sling
    KWA CZ-75

SSO/SPOSN SMERSH
    SSO/SPOSN KO-3 Holster

K6-3 Helmet
    Kora Korund Body Armour
    SPLAV Knee Pads
    Viper Padded Leather Gloves
    SSO/SPOSN Flectar-D Sniper Suit
    SSO/SPOSN Nomex Balaclava

As for the mistakes, obviously the CZ-75 isnt issued to MVD units, but it looks fine for this era and loadout and until the KWA Makarov comes out this is the best of a limited choice.

I've added the holster and knee pads to this loadout as they aernt in use in the reference pics. The holster obviously to carry the side-arm and the knee pads to protect the suit whilst skirmishing (the SSO/SPOSN suits are thin).

I've used the Viper fingerless leather gloves as stand-ins for russian variants, but they look spot on though. Would be hard pressed to tell the difference at range.

Helmet is different to the ones in the reference pics, as the K6-3 is used by FSB rather than MVD but I cant afford another helmet so this one gets used in nearly all my 'helmeted' loadouts. Still it looks the part though, and nobody on British skirmish fields is likely to pull me up on it.

I've used my Pk-A scope again, and it fits MVD far better than VDV. All the pics of it in use with Russian forces I've got are with the MVD. Got it from a well known auction website for the price of a chinese repro Elcan/ACOG. Great sight and easy to dial in and use.

Hope you like.

Nel

Re: 6th OSN VV MVD 'Vityaz'

Looks good mate, how are you finding the TM?

Putting the shots down range since 1990

Comment

Also have you got any plates in your Kora?

Putting the shots down range since 1990

Comment

Really like the TM. Bought it second hand from here, and it shoots really well. Only used it for two days last weekend and it is as good as my TM SCAR L if not better. I have an LCT FSB Tuned AK-104 and it is much better than that.

Just use foam in the Kora just to take the sting out of body shots. The site I play at, had a CQB village and it can quite painful up close (Just have Underarmour cold gear on under the suit).

Comment

Nice loadout. Will you be wearing that next weekend?

Comment

No, full on FSB next weekend Curls. Taking no Georgian or Insurgent prisoners either...

Comment

looks shit hot man!
              'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Originally posted by nellboy View Post
                No, full on FSB next weekend Curls. Taking no Georgian or Insurgent prisoners either...
                We'll see about that! lol

Comment

6th OSN VV MVD 'Vityaz' Chechnya 2009/10

Heres a second 'Vityaz' loadout, but this one from troops serving in the Caucasus region of Russia. SMERSH and AK-74MN in use again, but this time the use of cold weather gear has been added. Loads of photos for MVD in this kind of set up. Oddly the MVD like the SS Pattern Partizan Gorkas whilst the FSB tend to use the plain OD versions. I have no idea why.

Kit List:
                  TM AK-74MN with PK-A Collimater Scope and issue AK sling

SSO/SPOSN SMERSH

SSO/SPOSN Gorka E 'Summer'
                  SRVV ClimaCool Balaclava
                  Blackhawk Hellstorm Gloves
                  SPLAV Spectre Rollneck Jumper

Hope you like. Next up will be wet weather MVD in the 2nd Chechen war and next weekend I will be wearing my FSB ROSN loadout. No SMERSH in that. Got a couple of FSB ROSN loadouts, 45th Vostok, FSB Grom and an Alfa loadout still left to do.

Thanks.

Nel

Comment

very nice loadouts. How do you find the K6-3? if its the same one i have, its darn heavy with that face shield on.

Comment

Very heavy with the face-shield on. Rarely skirmish in it (normally just the odd game at the start of the day), as I prefer boonies or caps. I use an SRVV helmet cover (a Rys-T one) when I go FSB ROSN (without the face shield) and I use a KZS helmet cover for Cold War games (also without face shield).

I have a cheap PASGT that I also use for FSB too, but as I said, its normally boonies/garrison caps or beanies.

Comment

I've got to say, your kit is spot-on. I approve.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly68 View Post
                          We'll see about that! lol
                          hehehe we certainly did

You loadout on that Saturday was magic Nelly, top work fella!
                          Originally posted by palmer234
                          Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                          Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                          Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

wow, both super-works, mate!! I like very much.

I realize that I need a ZSH helmet and a body armour :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nellboy Find out more about nellboy
                            Working...
                            X