Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

Just wondered what and how much people carry into a game, smokes, bfg's, bang pyro etc. A how useful do you find it ? . Personally I carry at least two smokes and two bangs and find some objectives are nearly impossible to take without pyro.

Re: Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

It all depends on site and how flush i am feeling!

In recent months i have built up my re-useable pyro collection so it now stands at:

1 x Dynatech BFG (impact type)
    2 x VTG (delay type)
    2 x TLD training grenades (variable time delay 0.5 - 5 sec, charge dependant)

My local site has a lot of buildings so this will work out fine.

At woodland sites i prefere the disposable pyro. Mainly so i don't lose BFGs, and secondly so i can actually throw them over cover. I am a bit of a pyro whore but all in all i am disappointed with the standard of smokes that we use. They are fine in buildings as "poisonous gas" but are pretty dreadful at screening.

Comment

I got me a few "military" smokes off ebay and theyre really really good!
      But i just have my angry bird bfg for kills
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

At Chobham there is a two story fort that requires one pyro per level to clear.

I know one guy who had an "industrial" strength smoke and he cleard it with just one. Really thick (non-toxic) smoke that simply caused an utter white out inside. Couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

THAT is what i want from my smokes!

Comment

See I'm all for having smokes indoors. Just need to get myself a gas mask just in case!

Comment

I dont really use them to be honest and we cant use smoke at my local indoor site but a friend for mine seems to loves the flash bangs i do think they work to a point when your playing people that are new, as when one lands near them they don't know what to expect but once your used to them i think they are less effective to the point of almost being counter effective as when one lands near use we know to brace our-self as the opposing team is about to storm in.
            sigpic
            Take Your Hit

Comment

Loki7491 what's your opinion on the three you use ? I've no reusable pyro ( other than two tornado impacts, I use for indoors, not always effective :/ ) so I'm after some bfg's for indoors

Comment

If one land near you, you are dead.

They are good fro clearing a room or stairwell with no real hard cover.

You can hear the enemy stacking up preparing for an assault at most sites... with good timing a well placed grenade or similar will send them running for hard cover to avoid being dead. 2 guys with the world supply of Mk 5s kept the entire top floor of a building (and therefore the whole building) by employing this tactic. Would have cost a fortune but it won them the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I have only used the TLD ones in anger and i like them. They are a bit of nause to reload but really useful in buildings as they can be rolled down corridors or posted into rooms. I haven't yest used by BFG / VTGs in a game but they are fine when playing with them... faster to reload than the TLDs too.

The only down sides to BFGs are:
                Initial cost
                Fear of losing them
                Cannot throw them (it is heavy - one on the noggin or in the face will be bad news!)

I find pyro very effective in game. Mostly to do with buildings, but in the right circumstance woodland too.

Comment

I got a load of the enola gaye ringpull smokes and they are a total white out up to the point where your holding out ypur arms in case you walk into something. Bit dear but I got 20 for £20 tbey are usually 4.50 each.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nothing because I'm under 18!

Either way, in some cases they would be handy to have, but over come it and find a different way is what I like to do
                    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Generally I carry 2 BFG (delay type) out with me in games, occasionally I'll have a couple of smoke grenades as well, but generally i won't end up using it at woodland sites.
                      At my local urban though, I carry upto 7 reusable grenades, (2 timed and 5 impact) and often use the lot each game

Comment

Dont bother with pyro at regular games at my woodland site, mainly because i cant afford to. For special games though my team generally go all out on pyro - we're taking 23 to copehill in march and we're putting at least 20 quid each into the pyro pot...
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

ill see if i can find the picture, private game at bristol courthouse, 13 of us. the guy who organised it bought an ENTIRE box of MkVs, were talking about 250 sticks :/
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

That's the way to do it Dave.

Go big or go home!

Comment

1x BFG. Still have about 40 9mm blanks.
                              3 normal pyro. 2x smokes and 1x thermobaric atm.

Don't carry that much since the BFG will do most of the time.
                              Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Subfan Find out more about Subfan
                              Working...
                              X