Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

1-2 BFGs and say 20 blanks. I usually end up using around 10 blanks. True they come in handy sometimes. but mostly they are just fun.
    my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

We had some hurricane grenade at GZ one year and took out 5 guys with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
        It's not a pyro, but does anyone remember the old remote claymores? I've seen a few of them used to great effect! lol
        I have 4. 2 still on remote, 1 on trip wire only as circuitry inside is dead, and 1 i have modded to work with a pressure pad. Also upto 3 BFGs and 8 remote dets. I be a pyro whore

Comment

The problem with grenades at a woodland skirmish is people just run away from them. A better rule is that you can duck behind cover but cannot run away. This makes for a more realistic use of grenades.
          I don't tend to use a lot of pyro but will usually get 2 grenades and a smoke because if you don't have them there will be a situation where you wished you had one.
          Last game I was at I had a guy pinned behind a tree but the distance was so far he was able to duck when I fired so I couldn't actually hit him. I managed to run and lob a grenade just as he shot me but I had the pleasure of watching the grenade sail through the air perfectly and land beside him. Without that grenade our entire team would have been stuck there for quite some time.

Comment

Comment

I bought my first Dynatech BGF earlier this year and used it for the first time a few weeks ago.

After my first throw I got 3 kills, very happy with this so thought it was a good investment. I was hit about 10 minutes later and when I went to collect my spent grenade the Marshall told me that he had collected them all and would return them after the game but the game was still going and wouldn't endex for at least another 15 minutes.

So much for re-usable grenades if you have to wait till the next game to get them back I thought, I didn't want to make a scene so accepted that he was being stupid and would probably get funny with me if I argued and insisted he gave it back. I got it back after the round was over and the next time I used it, I marched straight to where it landed and grabbed it before the same Marshall could pick it up, no messing around that time!

I prefer them to the single use bangs but I feel like I have to be over-protective with it now and it makes me think twice before using it. Also I cannot throw them as far as I would with the single use grenades due to the weight and chance of it hitting someone.

Comment

That sounds a bit dogey. You leave them where they are. If you fight through to them then you can collect them, or you wait for the fight to end. Marshals picking them up and not giving them back is out of order

Comment

Very usefull. I carry 2 bfgs. I've lost one but it was old and I figured I'd got my monies worth, you do have to keep an eye on them.

Comment

I've been to sites where the marshals collect up BFGs, but they have always handed them back to the owner as soon as the fighting in that area has died down (if you don't collect it first).

I certainly don't agree with marching into the firefight to collect it though. Fight through and get it, or wait.

I have 4, so I am coming from the point of view of someone who has them and uses them at sites up and down the country run by different companies.

Comment

[QUOTE=Azubi;1376274].....I certainly don't agree with marching into the firefight to collect it though. Fight through and get it, or wait.

....QUOTE]

Maybe a bad choice of words, it wasn't like I walked through a fight or anything, I had taken out a guy who was in a room just off the coridoor we were fighting through so the room was empty after the grenade went off, the marshall started walking to the room so I 'overtook' him and got in there first.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Subfan Find out more about Subfan
                      Working...
                      X