Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FSB ROSN Caucasus

RIGHT ENOUGH!

70 frigging post's I've had to go through rather than bin this thread.

IF FBI or any of you start up that discussion again about someones grandads, cats, mothers, autie's, cousins, guy down the roads brother who was on the balcony who runs the boathouse's old school teacher sh*t, I'll chuck out infractions!

EDIT: Nellboy, great load out chap!

Comment

A clean up! Thank god!

Anyway, great loadout as usual Nellboy

Comment

Cracking loadout nellboy.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

I like the Ruski idea of the of the first mag in the gun is a drum mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            Aye, nice big mag for suppressing fire while everyone else bugs out if you stumble into an ambush.
            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
              Drum mags seem to be making a come back within the FSB. A few pics floating about on the internet showing FSB tuned AKs with them. Just need TM to make a recoil version now.

Comment

yay clean up! well once again nice loadout dude. well done.
                Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
                https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Some nice looking loadouts.

Serious question as i really do know very little about gear,kit and units.
                  Do a lot of these units not have a "standard" kit? In a few of the pics all members seem to have completely different gear and camo and not much standardisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                    Some nice looking loadouts.

Serious question as i really do know very little about gear,kit and units.
                    Do a lot of these units not have a "standard" kit? In a few of the pics all members seem to have completely different gear and camo and not much standardisation.
                    First up, got to say that ALOT of the pics on here are from different units within the FSB. Although whether Alfa or ROSN, they are all considered Special Purpose troops. In the majority, the guys are issued Fort Defender 2 body armour (Black or OD, MOLLE or non-MOLLE, the majority will be OD and non-MOLLE) and the helmet will be issue too. In the pics alot of the guys will then put a helmet cover over the top.

Finally their weapons will also be issued.

The rest of the gear will need to be purchased by the operators or their units themselves and/or provided by sponsors. However the gear tends to be provided by the usual suspects: Survival Corps (SRVV), SSO/SPOSN and Fort. However the top-end operators will import expensive western gear such as Underarmor, Blackhawk, Crye, Mechanix, Danner and Camelback. As stated before the FSB gets a considerable amount of funding and their operators are well paid by Russian standards.

The other thing to bear in mind is that Russia is a huge country with a vast difference in climate and geographical location. The St Petersburg ROSN guys will dress alot different to the ROSN guys in Dagestan. The St Petersburg guys kit is designed for urban operations not dissimilar to UK Armed Response, whilst any Caucasus ROSN will tend to Gorkas in the winter and sniper suits in the summer.

Witihn units there is still some differences, and this is probably down to supply and or users preferences. However the same basic rules apply. Issue gear with sponsor gear added.

Hope this helps.

Nel

Comment

You know your stuff, Unfortunately you have made me want a Tac AK 74, This is not good as I have about 10 guns lined up that I want already.

It was pics like what Nun-Chuck posted (2nd pic post # 8) and you posted (2nd pic post #9) that confused me as obviously the first pic is a mish mash of camo and gear with only a couple of common items between them. The other pic has most members in identical kit but then the chap with the PKM is wearing all green.

Even though I am not into kit it is always interesting looking at Russian and most European stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                        You know your stuff, Unfortunately you have made me want a Tac AK 74, This is not good as I have about 10 guns lined up that I want already.

It was pics like what Nun-Chuck posted (2nd pic post # 8) and you posted (2nd pic post #9) that confused me as obviously the first pic is a mish mash of camo and gear with only a couple of common items between them. The other pic has most members in identical kit but then the chap with the PKM is wearing all green.

Even though I am not into kit it is always interesting looking at Russian and most European stuff.
                        to my untutored eye, it looks like the guy with the PKM is just wearing a slightly different variation of the clothing. possibly just an older/newer edition. The rest of the green is just because he's wearing a different rig, to accommodate the differing ammo setup of his weapon, which reveals the green body armor that they are all wearing, most under the black vests.

I'm no expert though, so that could all be bunkum, especially the bit about the clothing.
                        Not actually a builder
                        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Okay, sorry if I am boring anybody but i thought I would run through the gear that these guys have got on. Obviously with the picture resolution and the distance from the camera I cannot be 100% correct but these are best guess estimates. I have numbered the guys one to five, and decided there was little point trying to work out what the other two guys are wearing (There is one guy obscured by #1 and there is another guy in the back of the truck above #1).

These guys are an FSB ROSN team gearing down following an Operation in the Caucasus.

Helmets: Numbers 1, 2 and 4 are wearing the current issue FSB helmet, the LSHZ-2DTM Vulcan. All are wearing hem without visors. However numbers 1 and 2 are wearing helmet covers.

Gorka Suits: Numbers 1,2,3 and 5 are PROBABLY all wearing SSO/SPOSN Gorka suits. The reason in the difference in colour is that over time the cotton areas become bleached. If you look at the colour of the reinforced area they are all very similar. Actually this patina seems to be quite desirable and you see some guys suits where they have become straw coloured! It is probably indicative of how long/often the wearer has been on operations. Guy number 4 seems to be wearing a different suit. I would GUESS that it is an ANA Gorka which dont have the reinforced areas, but it could just be the light or a newer suit.

Weapons: Numbers 2, 3 and 5 are armed with the AK-74M. Barrels look too long to be Ak-100 series. Number 4 has a PKP/PKM. Number 5, as has been noted earlier in the thread has a drum-mag fitted as his 1st mag.

Body Armour: Number 4 is wearing an OD Fort Defender 2. Its pretty plain and easy to spot. On guys 2 and 3, you can see the distinctive neck straps and protection at the top of their loadbearing so they are probably wearing them as well. Guy number 5 is also wearing one, as you can clearly see the lower back plate panel, and the left hand concertina strap has come un done at the front and is folded behind him. As for number 1, I just cant see enough to tell.

Loadbearing: Numbers 1, 2 and 3 are all wearing lightweight MOLLE vests. They are probably the same vest that I am wearing in the original post as they are very popular, but could also be Fireline, cheap clones or even Blackhawk. Guy number 4 is wearing an SSO/SPOSN SMERSH Gunners rig UNDER his bodyarmour, with the PKP/PKM ammo pouches clearly visible on his hips. If you follow the straps over his shoulders you can see that they disappear under his BA. There are a few pics of FSB guys doing this and I am perplexed as to the reason. On another forum, asomebody who has vastly more knowledge than me on this subject, said that it is done to make the BA more comfy, as it rubs on the webbing rather than the wearer. No idea if this is correct but it seems logical and as I said, there are plenty of pics of other guys doing this.

As for the pic of the two guys in multicam, they are probably Alfa wearing imported multicam BDUs (probably Helikon) out of Germany. The vests are PROBABLY early SRVV vests, when SRVV was making non-licensed copies of multicam, hence the off-pink colour. The left hand vest is an SRVV Alpha and the right an SRVV Centurion. Both guys are wearing OD Fort Defender 2 body armour (you can quite clearly see the edges under the vests) and (although it doesnt look like it) both are wearing issue LSHZ-2DTM FSB helmets (The guy on the left has the visor on and a home-made cover whilst the right hand guy has no cover and no visor). The Woodland camo object that the guy on the right is wearing around his waist is a padded sitting mat. These are very popular amongst FSB and MVD troops and there are loads of pics of guys wearing them.

Hope this helps

Nel
                          Last edited by nellboy; 22 January, 2013, 22:19. Reason: spelling and a mistake

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nellboy Find out more about nellboy
                          Working...
                          X