Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

post apocalypse/zombie hunter loadout thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post apocalypse/zombie hunter loadout thoughts?

Hi guys,

Really intetested in this so i kitbashed something together this morning.

What do you guys think?

The break down:

WEAPONS

M4 - Silencer, red laser, red dot, cammo netting (for the heck of it)
    Glock 17 drop leg holster
    M4 bayonet

ARMOUR

light chest armour - molle plate carrier with M4 mags and spare glock mags.

CLOTHING

Magnum assault boots
    Soilder 95 combat trousers
    Good old heavy weight parker jacket
    Shimag
    Fask mask (respirator)

Just need to get myself a canvas rucksack to finish off.

Whats your thoughts?

Originally posted by Mole1811 View Post
    Good old heavy weight parker jacket
    I'm liking it, could do with some concealed knifes, more weathered trousers, and the jacket needs to be much longer! Like ankle length! lol
    but the crups of the look are there, good job.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: post apocalypse/zombie hunter loadout thoughts?

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
      I'm liking it, could do with some concealed knifes, more weathered trousers, and the jacket needs to be much longer! Like ankle length! lol
      but the crups of the look are there, good job.
      Yea I agree, it deffo needs dusting up! Nothing that rolling around in a field won't sort out

I was thinking perhaps another drop leg with LARP throwing knives to finish off?

Comment

Something else I put togeher this morning, what do you think?

Wasteland survival kit.

Rocket pouch on shoulder straps
        Roll mat
        Shelter poles
        Rope
        Hunting knife

In the bag we have;

Water proofs
        Shelter sheet
        Entrenching tool with saw and axe attachments
        Mess tins
        Spare bungies
        Net for use as a snare, fishing net etc etc

Easily adapted to fit game rules and I think it fits nicely with the wasteland wanderer looking for work.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Kit on. Its quite lightweight for what's in it.

Comment

looking good! lose the mat though, if anything it would be a sleeping bag
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
              looking good! lose the mat though, if anything it would be a sleeping bag
              Yea I did think about that myself. I think I could do with 2x rockets really so I can put food and scavenged items in the other etc.

Comment

Your clothes are too baggy! If you got were too close to a few of them that's it! Also guns need reloading knives don't!
                Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls!

Comment

I love the idea of a zombie survivor sort of loadout! I've gotta say though I think there's too much camo/tactical gear there for a survivor. I'd imagine you'd be looking more at a backpack (for most of your survival essentials), a messenger bag (full of non-critical stuff & to carry spare mags in airsoft), a belt with a pistol holster and some spare mags at a push and just casual, hard wearing clothes. Plus an AK which looks like it's served in every major conflict since 1950 and a big ass revolver a la Rick Grimes. I'd lose the plate carrier and the DPM's in exchange for jeans and maybe a gilet/bodywarmer of some kind. Your best bet for reference material is movies - just look at things like The Walking Dead, The Book of Eli, anything post-apocalyptical. I've been thinking of doing one of these myself, if I get round to it I'll post my attempt too!
                  sigpic

Comment

The best rifle for a zombie apocalypse in the UK would be any sort of air gun with a scope - ammo is small (so you can carry loads) and easy to find and the shots would be relatively quiet. I guess you'd have to take headshots though.
                    You can never forget eye protection either unless you want to end up like the dad out of 28days later. Another good post apocalyptic film is 'The Road'.

Comment

You'd have a hard time penetrating a zombies skull with an air rifle, if there was a zombie apocalypse I'd raid a gun shop and get a hunting rifle and maybe a shotgun. Also by the time a zombie is in effective range of an air rifle, him and his ravenous chums would definitely hear the shot and none of them would be killed by the pellets either.

Comment

As above, air rifle's would struggle to kill a zombie, but as time went on and their bodies rot you may be able to do some damage with darts or similar ammunition. If there was a way to beef up the power of an air rifle you may have a chance too, but I think a silenced .22 hunting rifle would be the way to go. If you could liberate a Glock 17 or SIG P226 from a police station or military camp that'd be perfect for SHTF moments. It's not too practical for airsoft though, so a little bit of poetic licence may be needed. Saying that, one of those Mad Max Double Barreled Shotguns coupled with a pistol would be pretty awesome for CQB.

*EDIT* And not to mention the usefulness of a decent crossbow. Silent, lethal, generally badass. Daryl Dixon ftw. But again, useless for airsoft.
                        Last edited by FullMetalAsh; 9 April, 2013, 23:54. Reason: Adding stuffs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah the joys of having a crossbow... And a compound bow...
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                            Ah the joys of having a crossbow... And a compound bow...
                            The thing is, you actually LOOK a little bit like Daryl Dixon. Grab a leather jacket, some ripped jeans and the crossbow and you'd be sorted. If you go to our next skirmish like DD I will full on explode with joy. :L
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe.
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                              Working...
                              X