Revolver picture thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revolver picture thread

very nice.... i will get one Ap, one day, but i think i need a new camera first :/

some of mine

Tanaka M19 4" Combat Magnum Heavy Weight with Wood Grips

Tanaka M13 .357 Magnum FBI Special 3inch Steel Finish and Wood Grips

Tanaka 4. 3/4" Single Action Army, Detacheable cylinder, Heavy Weight

Tanaka M500 3+1" Comp Heavy Weight

Tanaka 4.3/4" Single Action Army, Detacheable Cylinder, Case Hardened Edition, Brass Lower and Real Wood Grips

Tanaka M13 .357 Magnum FBI Special 3inch Heavy Weight with Real Wood Grips

Tanaka M10 Military and Police 4" Nickel with Real Wood Grips

Marushin Ghost in the Shell Mateba with Wood Grips

and lastly, my Stainless Uberti 1858 .44
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Pachmayr Compac Professionals on my Model 19:

Comment

i think probably my favourite gun... although also probably my worst. Just looks awesome... Huge and terribly satisfying to get a hit with it considering its low fps.

Gun.jpg

Comment

Very nice Model 19 Apurturesci, is that the steel finish version ?
          > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
            Very nice Model 19 Apurturesci, is that the steel finish version ?
            Correct, got it for just a little over £100 so I didn't mind splashing £44 on grips for it, although the Pachmayers have a horrible seam line down the front and smell of tyres.....certainly stick to your hands though!

Comment

Thats a steal ! The special finish models are almost always the most expensive.

I've my first Tanaka on the way as well as some nice wood grips for it too so I'm pretty stoked, though it certainly wasn't as much a of a bargain as yours.

Comment

they aren't really 'special' special finishes though, more standard options now it seems, for a truly special finish you want to look at the jupiter models, theres a reason why they are in stock in quite a few places when you see the price tag

you can also find a lot of wooden grips on ebay from thailand etc, but they dont fit wonderfully well, they are cheap for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                  they aren't really 'special' special finishes though, more standard options now it seems, for a truly special finish you want to look at the jupiter models, theres a reason why they are in stock in quite a few places when you see the price tag

you can also find a lot of wooden grips on ebay from thailand etc, but they dont fit wonderfully well, they are cheap for a reason.
                  Yeah the Jupiter ones go for crazy money! That said, you can't get any closer to the a real steel finish than one. I had a set of Thai wood ones, just felt too cheap and I hate finger grooves. Real gun grips are the way to go, Midway UK has most models for most revolvers in stock. S&W Factory ones are nice, and for rubber/plastic they do lots of Hogues and Pachmayers at decent prices.

Comment

After looking around I didn't realize there was a difference between the "Steel finish" and "Jupiter Steel Finish" I figured it was just how websites listed them, that said most Asia retailers still list the steel finish models at a higher price than the standards so its not what I'd call a standard option judging by the stock levels of the retailers I looked through so £100 is still a sweet deal however you look at it.

Looking through all of them has made me want a SAA so bad.......I'd literally sex anyone here for a SAA cavalry steel finish..... =|

Altamont make some real nice wood grips and are about $50-$100 a set which isn't bad for a real steel set.

Comment

yeah they do charge more for the different finishes, but not exceptionally differently, but what i was meaning is they aren't as 'special' as the jupiter, they also arent as limited i believe, the production runs are more akin to whether its a heavyweight or standard. rather than a ltd edition run. thats all

Comment

I got my tanaka yesterday, I can't put it down!

I'm going for the Punisher S&W

Mine

Punisher

And one some chap made to replicate, so I'm on the hunt for that rail if anyone can help me (knights armament)

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself...

Comment

Hey...I gots ta know?
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
                              I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself...
                              Luckily you have 14, so it doesn't matter either way

Comment

bah I only need 6 !

I have a query for all you revolver buffs, tanaka recommends using 134 gas only on the box but is this actually the case or is will green do much harm ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                                Working...
                                X