X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR M54 Helmet

Does anyone own one or seen a real one?
    Attached Files
    AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Re: DDR M54 Helmet

Only serious Collectors go for these, worth many Pounds/ Dollars/ Euros.

Comment

Be great to get one and use it though and besides the fun is in finding one
      AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Comment

If you ever did find one would be crazy to use it.

Comment

Why would it be crazy? They were designed to be used and abused. I am sure it would survive an airsoft skirmish.

Apparently they come up for sale on Fleabay.de every now and again

Comment

Because using it gives the potential for it to get scraped, bashed, wear and tear on the leather etc.

It's like anything of a small scale of issue with a place in history sought by collectors, it's best kept in museum quality (or as best as you can with it) rather than bashing around a field.

That and it would look really odd anyway at an open day and out of place at any cold war battle.

Its not like you dont stand out anway if you skirmish in east german kit is it?

I see you point about its durability but i personally wouldnt use it. I mean if i had a mint condition WWII brit para helmet i'd still use my repro for battles even though the real one was designed to withstand a war.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cold_War_Charlie Find out more about Cold_War_Charlie
            Working...
            X