May be going for this SAS Setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be going for this SAS Setup.

Saw this photo of a model and think it looks pretty darn awesome.

sase.jpg

So! I'm putting together a checklist of things i need to acquire, i think i've already got most of it seeing as a tend to play in DDPM.

What i have
    1. SAS Desert/Artic Windproof Smock
    2. Mendl Desert Boots
    3. Osprey DDPM Load carrying vest (Know of anything better?)

What i need
    1. ACU Trousers/Pants (Recommendations)
    2. FAST Helmet (??)
    3. Tan Kneepad
    4. Hardknuckle gloves (Recommendations)
    5. DPM Leg Pouch

I appreciate any help i can get!

Re: May be going for this SAS Setup.

Not very sas mate but you seem to have the kit for the actual loadout together. It's a Mich 2000 with norotos nvg mount, and an osprey armour carrier (not the overvest).

If you wanted a slightly more accurate look I'd swap the osprey out for a blackhawk desert DPM plate carrier and go for an L119A1 diemaco SFW (16'' barrel type). It'd work pretty well as a special forces support group kit then.

I'd give you greater UKSF advice but that path tends to lead to a raging bitchfest on this forum now :p
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Looks pretty sweet, DDPM and ACU seem to work together well

Comment

Rig wise, you could have a paraclete RAV, Paraclete SOHPC Blackhawk STRIKE carrier, Kahndahar style carrier LBT 6094 or a TYR Pico

A PVS21 style mount on the mich 2000 would make it much more noticeable as a UKSF load out to people, however it has came out that they are using PVS15s so a more appropriate mount may be acceptable if you were going for a more recent kit timeframe, however if you were I would advise bringing some crye AC multicam combats into the mix

Helmet wise a 2000,2001 and Crye Airframes are acceptable

Wouldn't bother with the leg rig mate, but if you are adamant on having one I would go for one of Blackhawks offerings

Glove wise Oakleys or SOLAGs however that is a little more personal preference

But a l119a1 is certainly needed to show that it is a UKSF load out, however a fully spec'd SA80 is acceptable for SFSG impressions
        Last edited by murta369; 2 February, 2013, 17:13. Reason: typo

Comment

Dont go for a SAS desert windproof smock believe it or not its the same as a normal desert smock just with a loads of sale hype!

Plus iv never seen any SF look like that!
          sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
          - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
            Rig wise, you could have a paraclete RAV, Paraclete SOHPC Blackhawk STRIKE carrier, Kahndahar style carrier LBT 6094 or a TYR Pico

A PVS21 style mount on the mich 2000 would make it much more noticeable as a UKSF load out to people, however it has came out that they are using PVS15s so a more appropriate mount may be acceptable if you were going for a more recent kit timeframe, however if you were I would advise bringing some crye AC multicam combats into the mix

Helmet wise a 2000,2001 and Crye Airframes are acceptable

Wouldn't bother with the leg rig mate, but if you are adamant on having one I would go for one of Blackhawks offerings

Glove wise Oakleys or SOLAGs however that is a little more personal preference

But a l119a1 is certainly needed to show that it is a UKSF load out, however a fully spec'd SA80 is acceptable for SFSG impressions
            Murta got the basics for a UKSF loadout pretty spot on there. Also add the Paraclete SOHPC as an acceptable plate carrier and OpsCore lids. The one on the model is a MICH 2000 - I would google Task Force Black and Special Forces Support Group - will give you reference material that has the 'feel' of that model but is more legit as a UKSF impression. If you don't care about calling it UKSF though, you could put that loadout together and it'll still look pretty cool.

I wouldn't start mixing loads of different eras of kit though, it can look confused. Like a RAV+Multicam works, but a RAV+DDPM+Multicam+OpsCore+SA80 won't look cohesive as an impression - an Osprey and an OpsCore as you were thinking on would look weird imo. Try and peg a look and stick to that sorta feel, even if more modern/older kit also appeals. Or run two different era loadouts from the same 'base' of gear.

Comment

These aren't too far off. ACU trousers and DPM smock are a perfectly acceptable camo combination with a Mich 2000. You just want to sort the rig and gun, and you're sorted.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Defiantly not sas closer to SF

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
                  Defiantly not sas closer to SF
                  What?

Comment

I think he meant SFSG? Lol

Comment

Still pretty inaccurate either way.

Our guys are issued 2000's not 2002's, the only bolt on NVG mounts I am aware are issued are the bolt on PVS-21 mount and the VAS shroud. Even back when SFSG were using L85's they were wearing RAV's and Crye kit. And at no point have our guys ever used 14.5" carbines.

This looks like the got the British Squadie action figure, gave him and M4 and a Lid from the USSF action figure and poped him in a pair of "I see you" trousers to make him look like the TFB pictures a little bit.

Comment

As Abbadon said, I doubt Barbies boyfriend is a highly accurate loadout reference....

Comment

Agreed - though this one isn't a million miles off...

http://www.eliteukforces.info/images...port-group.jpg

Still need a RAV and the right helmet setup though.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                            What?
                            What I'm saying is. These pictures posted are close to UK special forces. The SF scene tend to mix up a lot of there camo. SAS/SBS are nothing like this lol
                            Take USSF and compare them to seals. (Although seals are the states 'elite' version of there military. Just using that comparison for an example

Comment

By 'SF scene' are you talking about SFSG or all the units under DSF?

The brfs mixed their cam up a few years ago (certainly h10)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ForceGhost Find out more about ForceGhost
                              Working...
                              X