Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May be going for this SAS Setup.

Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
    What I'm saying is. These pictures posted are close to UK special forces. The SF scene tend to mix up a lot of there camo. SAS/SBS are nothing like this lol
    Take USSF and compare them to seals. (Although seals are the states 'elite' version of there military. Just using that comparison for an example
    Codswallop - in short...

What are the SAS/SBS if not special forces? USSF includes SEALs in much the same way. United States Special Forces will include all sorts of units, including SEALs, MARSOC, Army SF etc - it's a general descriptor, as is UKSF, of a number of defined units under a command, from different branches of the military. SEALs are no more 'elite' than many others, including Rangers, Green Berets, CAG etc - they all perform different roles, and SEALs isn't just DEVGRU...

The pictures are closer to SFSG than anything, but still aren't really a good representation of any unit. There is however a UKSF 'feel' to it that with some tweaking of kit could be a good impression of a specific unit/era.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
      What I'm saying is. These pictures posted are close to UK special forces. The SF scene tend to mix up a lot of there camo. SAS/SBS are nothing like this lol
      Take USSF and compare them to seals. (Although seals are the states 'elite' version of there military. Just using that comparison for an example
      There are so many things wrong with this statement I'm genuinely not sure where to start.

The pictures I posted are of SFSG. While not SAS/SBS, there are dozens of photographs of SAS and SBS personnel mixing camouflage. (Task force black era, modern, older). If anything I'd say there are far more pictures of them mixing camo than wearing matching sets.

Comparing USSF to seals?? WTF has that got to do with anything?? USSF (green berets) and SEALS are both 'Tier 1' units (though I hate using that Tier 1 term it's the easiest way of breaking it down). The SEALS are part of the US navy and have their own supply chain, procurement process and organization, so of course their kit is different. Comparing either unit to SFSG or SAS/SBS is ridiculous.
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

I might be wrong on this, not an expert on US stuff, but aren't the Green Berets United States Army SF? To designate being Army opposed to just United States Special Forces. I understood USSF to be a casual catch-all, similar to SOF as an abbrieviation, to denote tho whole lot, for all the services, I wasn't aware USSF had an actual defined meaning? Might be wrong though - but either way, SAS/SBS are UKSF, and the OPs pic isn't a million miles off the TFB era look, but would need several changes to be called UKSF.

Comment

The unit 'US army special forces' are referred to as the Green berets yeah. USSF can be a catch-all, but it's also a unit (confusing huh lol)
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Elliott must think that the SAS only run around in anson overalls practicing for another Nimrod and the SBS are in wetsuits and canoes all the time

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
              Elliott must think that the SAS only run around in anson overalls practicing for another Nimrod and the SBS are in wetsuits and canoes all the time
              And flippers... Don't forget the flippers!

Comment

Just pointing something out here, the OP is just copyinying the loadout of an action figure he has found because he likes the look. It is only airsoft after all, so why have we devolved into arguing over pictures put up by other people?

Surely the OP is asking for advice on the stuff shown in the pic of his action figure?

I wish I could help but I dont really have much knowledge on modern brit SF equipment like you guys. (My only brit stuff is a repro WW2 SAS brush-stroke camo smock :/ Its like wearing NATO Gorka ). I tend to steer clear of all modern brit and US SF style stuff on the forums because it always seems to devolve into 'discussions' and moves off topic fast.

I appreciate that he has mentioned SAS in the title, however if the action figure is listed as SAS surely that could be forgiven? I for one have read Task Force Black and it looks reasonably similar to some of the pics posted.

No flame intended, but I quite like the figure and dont want this thread to become the same as all other SF threads.

Thanks

Nel

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                  This looks like the got the British Squadie action figure, gave him and M4 and a Lid from the USSF action figure and poped him in a pair of "I see you" trousers to make him look like the TFB pictures a little bit.
                  I've actually seen these models on other sites , from what I gather it is just legs from a Ranger doll , body from british squadie and marsoc head.

Otherwise... from what I've always assumed/heard is that USSF is the collective term for all of the SOCOM/MARSOC units. Also as far as I'm aware only team 6/DevGru/ Navy Special Warfare Development Group what ever you want to call them are Tier1 , all other teams are 2 as I believe? Also Team 6 are the only tier one part of SEALs.

*Fas as I know*

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

If you mean within US SOF, then Delta/CAG/ACE whatever are also Tier 1, but yeah, my understanding is DEVGRU/ST6 are the only Tier 1 SEAL unit.

And nellboy, I don't think many people have criticised the OP. Most said it didn't look like an SAS impression, which is true, and then gave tips on what the closest SAS impression was that looked similar, and likewise identified the kit on the model incase he wanted to go for the exact look.

Comment

I'm in no way offended or hurt and REALLY appreciate the images you guys have posted. Inspired even more! Will post pics of what I have so far for some C&C.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ForceGhost View Post
                        Saw this photo of a model and think it looks pretty darn awesome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78064[/ATTACH]

So! I'm putting together a checklist of things i need to acquire, i think i've already got most of it seeing as a tend to play in DDPM.

What i have
                        1. SAS Desert/Artic Windproof Smock
                        2. Mendl Desert Boots
                        3. Osprey DDPM Load carrying vest (Know of anything better?)

What i need
                        1. ACU Trousers/Pants (Recommendations)
                        2. FAST Helmet (??)
                        3. Tan Kneepad
                        4. Hardknuckle gloves (Recommendations)
                        5. DPM Leg Pouch

I appreciate any help i can get!
                        My 2 pence.

Ditch the trousers for a pair of Brit issue deserts in the same pattern as the Osprey and jacket. Keep the jacket and osprey, or when it's warmer switch the jacket for a brit desert shirt. Ditch the helmet for a baseball cap. Ditch the LA85 and keep a C8 or M4 if it's easier. Add some Blackhawk type tan ammo pouches to the front of the Osprey (single mag pouches with the bungie cords at the top). Add a 4 mag drop leg pouch like the one in my avatar. Get yourself add a man bag to it for more ammo and grenades and you've got yourself the same set up that some of the 22 lads were wearing in Afghan '07 while on mentoring duties.

Forgot to add, get a pistol holster (rigid plastic one) and attach it to the upper part of the chest area.

Comment

Didn't want to make a new thread but did want to update my progress.

I decided to go for a general special forces base with a slightly british feel.

Constructive criticism appreciated!

Comment

Didn't want to make a new thread but did want to update my progress.

I decided to go for a general special forces base with a slightly british feel.
                            Constructive criticism appreciated!
                            Looking quite good mate , does project the 'feel' you were after .
                            Only negative I'd say is if your not medically trained and carrying a decent med kit ditch the medic patch as it could potentially course a bit of confusion in game , the first aider at the site i play at dosant allow non medical personnel to wear medic patches in game for this very reason . Just imagine some muppets runs in to a wall and you get pushed to front and told "sort it out mate !" Lol
                            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I went for a similar look. Simply because i got some cheap DDPM combats. Wanted to try and mixed camo set up.

Was told it looked SFish. Was not my intention but it does look good. I have since changed to Tru-Spec US tri colour combats over the DDPM ones.

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Saw this photo of a model and think it looks pretty darn awesome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78064[/ATTACH]
                                dont lie thats from your own collection.
                                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ForceGhost Find out more about ForceGhost
                                Working...
                                X