Trip wires / mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip wires / mine

I'm looking for suggestions guys, I went on an away day last year to senny and they had set up trip wire mines all over the place, basically it was a piece of fishing line running across the windows attached to a charge that went off when tripped. I presume these are friction igniters, now the problem is I want to try this out at my local site BUT I can't find any charges that I think would workable that I could use cheap enough, because it has to be disposable. We looked at the idea of combining party poppers to make the bang louder. Any ideas?

Re: Trip wires / mine

thats a cheap system (party poppers) and very clever.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

have you thought about electric maroons?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2419

TLSFX do electric maroons too, just google tlsfx electric maroon.

then something to set them off. excuse the picture, i crudley did it on paint but it shows how the one we use works. Just check with your site before you you try it as not all sites will allow it.

. .

Comment

Very clever but looking for something mor disopadlsable so I can set like 10 around site and not have to go back

Comment

Disposable*

Comment

Why not use the TLSFX ring pull grenades? Attach some strong fishing line to the ring and run it across a door with the grenade and end of the line secured either side. Thats about as disposable and cheap as it can get. Only downside is the fuse length and sometimes you get a dud....

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
              Why not use the TLSFX ring pull grenades? Attach some strong fishing line to the ring and run it across a door with the grenade and end of the line secured either side. Thats about as disposable and cheap as it can get. Only downside is the fuse length and sometimes you get a dud....

Yeah I like that but as you say the fuss is long, I need something that will go of instantly like a party popper.

Comment

Frankly, using pyro in booby traps is a bad idea. You have no idea if it's going to be inititated in the way that you intended (with a tripwire against a leg for example), or if someone is going to set it off with their face six inches away from it by crawling over the tripwire. The first rule of pyro, and it was hammered into the attendees at the pyro course I took part in, was that you should always have eyes-on when initiating pyro. If you don't then you shouldn't be allowed to use it.

Comment

Fair enough, but I don't see why people would be crawling through door ways, if you put the charge no where near people's faces etc. I know what you mean though to be safe, but a party popper bang is hardly going to hurt people. And what about people throwing pyro into bushes into rooms etc?

Comment

You can get 12g trip mines for about £10~
                    9mm blank and the adaptor and you're all set.
                    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Yeah seen them see my problem is I want loads so 10er a piece is guna get expensive fast

Comment

Originally posted by Finnez View Post
                        Yeah I like that but as you say the fuss is long, I need something that will go of instantly like a party popper.
                        It might be worth a go, though check with the Marshall first and see if they would be happy for you to set this up. A 3-5 second fuse would allow someone to trip it, then walk into the room followed by a few teammates....could get 3-4 people with one nade. Even if they saw it/heard it burning, it would at least let you know someone is in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                          It might be worth a go, though check with the Marshall first and see if they would be happy for you to set this up. A 3-5 second fuse would allow someone to trip it, then walk into the room followed by a few teammates....could get 3-4 people with one nade. Even if they saw it/heard it burning, it would at least let you know someone is in the area.
                          Ahhh this is a very good point hmmmm

Comment

The 12ga trip wires are re-useable, blanks cost about a quid .They have quite a heavy pull and not allowed at most sites as there's nothing protecting the blast . I have modified one in to a pressure mine running smaller caliber ,but haven't taken anyone out with it yet.There is a way to make what your after using a party popper bang and a bang from a re-useable grenade,but I wouldn't think a site would allow that either. As for safety of these things in general as long as there not likely to trip someone up and are set low to the ground they tend to be fine in my experience.

Comment

Ohhh didn't realise it was re usable!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Finnez Find out more about Finnez
                              Working...
                              X