Trip wires / mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finnez View Post
    I'm looking for suggestions guys, I went on an away day last year to senny and they had set up trip wire mines all over the place, basically it was a piece of fishing line running across the windows attached to a charge that went off when tripped. I presume these are friction igniters, now the problem is I want to try this out at my local site BUT I can't find any charges that I think would workable that I could use cheap enough, because it has to be disposable. We looked at the idea of combining party poppers to make the bang louder. Any ideas?
    This will be so fun, I'm going to be s**** scared walking around the site now
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Re: Trip wires / mine

Fair enough, but I don't see why people would be crawling through door ways, if you put the charge no where near people's faces etc. I know what you mean though to be safe, but a party popper bang is hardly going to hurt people. And what about people throwing pyro into bushes into rooms etc?
      I can't see that you'd have any probs with party poppers, but using maroons? Thats a not a smart idea as far as i'm concerned. The fact is that we're talking about Airsofters here, and the one thing I learnt when head marshalling the FireFight sites aeons ago is that they will *always* do what you least expect them to - so you have to plan accordingly.

Comment

hi,i have a dynatec BFG trip mine for sale.
        50 all in
        sigpic

Comment

I tried a great setup that involved a bag of party poppers. Took the cardboard covers out and the streamers, put about 10 bb's in and put the cardboard cap back on. As they have such a low velocity it doesn't matter what hight there mounted. One or 2 on the corners of door frames and your laughing.

Comment

not for you because of the costs,but tornado grenades are fairly unreliable when used as timed grenades,but if you pull out the little black stopper,they become very effective trip mines...you leave the pin in,but pull it almost out,as soon as its yanked out the final bit the grenade goes off,either as a bb shower or as a percussion grenade,depending on how you set it up.
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

as someone said above, i wouldn't use a pyro. look into the whole spring/spike + blank set-up. my mate made one, its basicly like a door latch, with a big spring and a spike/firing pin, and a holder for blank, all attacked to a stake.

Comment

^ Don't have to use the 12g blanks that are £1 each either. Get the 9mm adaptor and 9mm blanks are 15p each.
                Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

You can get blank firers that farmers put on their gates for a couple of quid. When the gate opens (or in this case the tripwire is pulled) I believe it pulls a pin out, releasing the 'hammer' that sets off the blank. Cheap, cheerful (although not disposable) and simple enough to be reliable.

Comment

Right guys so I tested party popper you wouldn't believe they are loud when everything is taken out and you leave the cone on it!!

Comment

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
                      hi,i have a dynatec BFG trip mine for sale.
                      50 all in
                      What is a BFG trip mine??

Comment

What is a BFG trip mine??
                        it looks a bit like a dynatec impact grenade,but i believe it to be smaller in dimension,and is operated by a trip wire and not by impact or timed fuse
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Told ya. Party poppers are the way to go. You can get a bag of them for a quid, there small, disposable and you can fit about 10 in a mag pouch with a small reel of fishing line.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Finnez Find out more about Finnez
                          Working...
                          X