snicker gas bb grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snicker gas bb grenade

you may have seen these on sale and wondered how good a £17 gas bb grenade could be ,well so did i and as its of a mk2 fragmentation grenade of the sort used in ww2 and as im primarily into ww2 airsoft i thought i'd give it a go.
    right a quick description first
    this is a dense rubber construction on the outside witch works by filling many holes in the body with bb's charging with gas, then pulling the pin and releasing the spoon where upon a plunger under the spoon slowly moves upward and after a delay releases the gas to propel the bb's.
    well that's the theory , what actually happened was nothing... the plunger was too tight to move,its held in by friction and should be pushed up slowly by gas pressure but it was too tight so i had too ease it out with pliers then lube it with silicone.this was a fail as well because there was no delay at all and the plunger came out immediately.....after working it a few times i was able to get it to work with about an 8 second delay ish.to be fair once it has loosened up a little there is an adjuster screw to change the friction on the plunger so it will get better.
    now for the bb's .... i next filled the grenade with bb's and gas (abbey 144a) and it went pop but not one single bb left the grenade.the bb's are held in the holes by three little pimples , i had to cut two of them off in order to get it to release the bb's but once that was done it gives a nice enough 5 meter radius spray of bb's.
    so was it worth £17 ,well if you have the time to tinker and the will then it can work quite well with my only concern being that it's not that loud (less than half as loud as a moscart shell)and in the heat of battle people might ignore it unless you shout GRENADE or are hit directly,if you are not inclined to tinker with it to make it work then it's not for you.

Re: snicker gas bb grenade

I think these would be best suited for making trip mines, Change the timer to go off as soon as the spoon is released then tie them to something and use a bit of fishing wire for a trip cord

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
    Working...
    X