Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban Hunter - US Special Forces Group

hi everybody!

here it is my last asset, an operator of the US Special Forces Group, during a taliban hunting in A'stan.

ref.pic.:

kitlist:
    - Issued Polartec Fleece, black
    - Issued DCU trousers
    - Issued Nomex Gloves, tan
    - 5.11 baseball cap, tan
    - Issued Chinese ChiCom
    - Trekking boots
    - Gregory UM21 patrol pack, DCU
    - M4 CQB

extra pics!

An US SFG operator enter on a cave, searching for talibans

The same operator, in the cave, after checking that it was free from taliban threats

A member of 75th Ranger take a photo with a SFG operator, during a taliban hunting in Afghanistan

Re: Taliban Hunter - US Special Forces Group

Nice work mate.

Nick

Comment

looks great mate

Comment

thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Curelin View Post
          thanks man!
          love this mate

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Nice job but I think you look to clean

Comment

Out of interest, do they teach camo skills to the US military? While watching the rather spiffing Lone Survivor I found myself thinking 'no wonder the goat herders spotted them, no face paint on, no natural foliage added into their boonies and webbing when they were laid up, if they'd just spent a few minutes prep on their hide the story would have been really boring'... Navy SEALS walk a bit, recon a Taliban leader, can't get signal so make way to mountain to call in evac, hide up spending 10 minutes on their natural foliage camo, goat herders walk past, SEALs trek on at night and get evac. Story over.

Why would these "Taliban Hunter" guys wear black tops and hats while out in the mountains? Makes no sense to me.
                “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                  Out of interest, do they teach camo skills to the US military? While watching the rather spiffing Lone Survivor I found myself thinking 'no wonder the goat herders spotted them, no face paint on, no natural foliage added into their boonies and webbing when they were laid up, if they'd just spent a few minutes prep on their hide the story would have been really boring'... Navy SEALS walk a bit, recon a Taliban leader, can't get signal so make way to mountain to call in evac, hide up spending 10 minutes on their natural foliage camo, goat herders walk past, SEALs trek on at night and get evac. Story over.

Why would these "Taliban Hunter" guys wear black tops and hats while out in the mountains? Makes no sense to me.
                  I literally was asking myself the exact same question! I still loved the film though.
                  KJW M700
                  -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
                  -Spartan Doctrine VSR Chamber-
                  -Nineball Rubber-
                  -Action Fluted Barrel w/ Suppressor-
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grffti View Post
                    I literally was asking myself the exact same question! I still loved the film though.
                    Agreed, very good film. Other thing I found myself thinking when one of the SEALs was having a panic attack "How did they run so fast, how are they faster than us?!?!?!" I wanted to scream at them...

It's because they were all so fat and covered in muscles, not to mention the ridiculous amount of kit they seemed to have. Those M4s must weigh a ton! Lasers, flashlights, bipods, fancy scopes, suppressors, several feet of rails on all sides of the hand guards, they were on a recon mission. If they were built like whippets and had stuck to iron sights and light weight hand guards and not carried quite so much kit they'd have moved faster.

But then again if they were built like whippets they may have died bouncing down the cliffs.

Still, fab film though, if you forget it isn't ment to be a documentary and they have probably stretched the truth somewhat to make the story exciting (like Bravo Two Zero).

Sorry for hijaking thread, cool looking load out ;-) But why do they wear black tops? Black's almost as bad a camo as bright red in most places?
                    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

The black tops are fleeces which were part of the SPEAR program. They would have been issued them so I guess it was not a conscious color choice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tinkle60 View Post
                        The black tops are fleeces which were part of the SPEAR program. They would have been issued them so I guess it was not a conscious color choice.

I would personally make a conscious choice if heading out to hunt Taliban. You're going to regret being an army drone when being shot at by a sniper you can't see but who can see you in your day glow black. But hey, what do I know, I just play airsoft, black is like so operator, looking cool is cool.

Comment

So would i, but as I said there isn't always the luxury of choice. Let's say you get called in to deploy your new kit gets issued, oh look this fleece is black that sucks, but you're on lockdown, no contact with the outside world what are you gonna do? In certain circumstances you're going to chose maintaining your core temperature over concealment. Anyhow the replacement PCU system has a brown fleece.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkle60 View Post
                            So would i, but as I said there isn't always the luxury of choice. Let's say you get called in to deploy your new kit gets issued, oh look this fleece is black that sucks, but you're on lockdown, no contact with the outside world what are you gonna do? In certain circumstances you're going to chose maintaining your core temperature over concealment. Anyhow the replacement PCU system has a brown fleece.

I hear you but initiative clearly is not encouraged in the US Army? I'd be shredding an old pair of the dessert trousers they are wearing and sticking/stitching a few strips of it onto the day glow black fleeces. They have krylon for their shooters, if it came down to it I'd spray the fleeces.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Comment

Initiative may be encouraged in the US Army, but since SEALS are part of the US Navy I don't see how that's relevant?

;-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Curelin Find out more about Curelin
                              Working...
                              X