USSF (PJ's specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSF (PJ's specific)

Been watching a lot of Combat rescue recently, it a realy good series and hits home to me as a soldier, realy shows that being a soldier is more than just war and fighting, and more about the compassion and friendship you have for a fellow soldier,anyway less of the rambling.
    Wondered if any of you have a PJ( para jumper) inspired loadout at all?
    They wear some ally as gear and have such amazing kit and weapons as they are part of the green berets

SHOW ME YOU LOADOUTS !

Just so you all know how awesome these guys look:

The series can be found on YouTube

Owner of DCS
    (Doom custom shooters)
    PM me for Custom work!

Re: USSF (PJ's specific)

Waiting for this thread! I've saved some photo's over time, and there's lot's of documentaries on YouTube that The History Channel did.

Comment

Where are the USSF pyjamas? I was expecting tellytubby longjohns or something...

- - - Updated - - -

Where are the USSF pyjamas? I was expecting tellytubby longjohns or something...
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I realise this isn't strictly a PJ loadout but it's my PJ/medic 'inspired' loadout. I tried to keep in mind the role hence all the extra utility pouches and less focus on mags and fighting equipment.

Mich 2001
        Bowman headset (normally sordins but was only running single comms that day)
        Allwin MC ubacs - left sleeve PJ and team patch - right sleeve IR cylume and Sharpie)
        LBT 1961G chest rig - 5x M4 mids, 2 x Sig mag, radio, note pad, map, 2 x smokes.
        Riggers belt - TM Sig P226 in a serpa (replica)
        Crye MC gen 2 trousers - small first aid kit, nitrile gloves, CAT in pockets.
        Viper MC boots
        Issue medic bag (filled!) - CAT, bandage, MS2000 strobe (replica), medical shears, cylumes, Sharpie.

An early shot as I added a few bits

Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Comment

Great impression dude, doesn't always have to be kit specific, as this gives off a great vibe

Comment

Looking good man! Only thing I'd say is they use plate carriers rather than chest rigs, but none the less you've got extremely close to the look!

Owner of DCS
            (Doom custom shooters)
            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Doom, how can they be part of Delta Force? DF are army, PJ's are air force spec ops.
              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
                Looking good man! Only thing I'd say is they use plate carriers rather than chest rigs, but none the less you've got extremely close to the look!
                PJ's do use chest rigs as well but like everything it depends on the mission parameters as the plate carrier give better protection but less mobility, Also they use suppressed M4's but the magpul stuff is correct which surprised me.

But it has been a couple of years since I last met them so things can change, I have some pics of them somewhere from the AAD at Duxford.

Curlyboy
                'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Watch these and get most of your answers.

There are 3 more current episodes but I can't seem to be able to post them.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le1QM...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6j5f...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjkt0...layer_embedded

Comment

Cheers guys, and yea I appreciate a plate carrier would look better so I've been looking into getting something new, don't really want a 6094 as I already use one on my SEAL set up so maybe a Mayflower APC??

Comment

Heavy update to my PJ kit since it was last fielded...

Comment

Originally posted by Doombull3t View Post
                        They wear some ally as gear and have such amazing kit and weapons as they are part of the green berets
                        They are not soldiers, they are Airmen.
                        They are USAF Special Tactics Squadron Operators.
                        They deploy anywhere in the world. They deploy with USSF, SEaLs, US SOF (Rangers etc) & also deploy on the homefront during SAR efforts after natural disasters.
                        From the books I have read on them they are certainly brave & committed.

Comment

From reading the book "That Others May Live" by PJ MSGT Jack Brehm, he states that they do NOT have suppressed weapons as they will be seen as 'assassins' and treated as such under the Geneva Convention. As medical personnel, they are offered more protection, well, in theory, they are.

And, as stated twice already, they are part of the USAF but deploy with anyone, though their primary role was to rescue downed pilots.

Comment

I'm not sure where they fall under the GC though. Technically as medics, their remit would be to only use force to defend a patient or themselves. However, they would seem to be a bit more overt/aggressive than that. Possibly the "rescue" element is the key as oppose to medic as such.
                            Inside combat rescue is a pretty good series, but doesn't really show how intensively they train or what they need to do to qualify. Of course they have good medical training but the show seems to show them as no more than a run of the mill MERT.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Research "the pipeline", this is what they refer to their training system/cycle. Quite a lot which lasts years from what I remember from my own research a few years back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Doombull3t A small town fellow, joined the army at a young age, enjoy anything that means I can shoot the hell out of people and cause misery and pain to all :P I also enjoy the occasional brew! Find out more about Doombull3t
                              Working...
                              X