Collapse

Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried make a mic to replace the one on the contac set which I have also ordered should I go down that route but Tried also make their own version of the comtacs which I assume would be superior to the elements an Z tactical ones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Sorry not tried, Tri.

Comment

Well I've had this for a week or so now and its pretty swish. I have the antenna extension as well as a tea PTT, bowman headset and a throat mic and all work very well. The scan function is great and includes sub channels. The radio will also pick up all traffic on sub channels when scanning. It can be on two frequencies at any one time and will switch between them for transmitting depending on which freq it is receiving on.

There are loads of options and controls in the menu for configuration.

I must say however this is a clone of a radio you can import for about £80 (plus p&p, customs etc) and I paid £200 for this however I think it is worth it for a really good looking radio, with military attachments.

Real steal accessories don't work with this radio due to impedance issues however they can be modified to work if you know what you are doing. I also tried my Element bowman headset and this did not work either however tried make plenty of accessories but it does limit competition so prices may be higher than other sets however it will probably not be long until other companies start making bits for these radios.

So a summary...

Water proof
        Look the mutts
        Apparently pretty tough
        Loads of menu options
        Great scanning
        UHF and VHF (UHF1 400-480 works on UK PMR)
        Programme frequencies from keypad
        Tune to and monitor two separate frequencies at once
        Fantastic speaker quality
        FM receiver (listen to the radio)
        Epic 5000mah battery apparently lasts a weekender

So if you are someone who uses a fake radio case to make your walky look cool then you may find this a little expensive but if you use the toy soldier mbitr radios then this is a great upgrade.

Comment

Also tri have now released a blade/whip antenna which allegedly improves transmission and reception ranges.

Comment

Made a video if anyone is interested - let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wMU...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Good vid mate very informative,got mine today your vid stops me having to read the manual thanks :-)

Comment

I worked out lots from trial and error like the scan function! Its a good walky though

Do you have the programming lead?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                  I worked out lots from trial and error like the scan function! Its a good walky though

Do you have the programming lead?

No I don't thinking of ordering one though along with the fist mic

Comment

Will be ordering mine tomorrow
                    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Let me know how you get on mate as I cant find the adaptor or cable for computer connecting.

Comment

Nice vid, you might want to do a review on it, plus putting up the Frequencies and etc
                        Im sure a lot of people would appreciate it
                        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Mate, you persuaded me on gettin one! Lol
                          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Hi guys I am now a bit of an expert on these and have I think all of the accessories on offer. I also have two radios so I can test the features. They are really the nuts. I will make a new vid tomorrow. If you have any questions let me know.

I also have an exclusive LEMO PTT (fits into the PRC, then has LEMO socket for headset) which you can use with either Tri's Bowman headset with a LEMO connector, or an issue Bowman headset as they are the same meaning with this Tri PTT you can use the real steal Bowman headset however I think the Tri one is better as the padding is deeper thus more comfy, but caters to those who like the real steal.

Comment

Does anyone know how many watts of output these are? I've searched and can't get any answers. I'm guessing they are 5W max same as the US MBITR.

Comment

Five our four, can't remember.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                                Working...
                                X