Collapse

Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tri PRC 152 MBTIR Replica (Super Gucci)

Cheers mate. I'm still pondering about getting one but I've finally got around to sorting out my US MBITR so I'll see how that performs next weekend.

Comment

They aren't too much of a pig to set up once you know how, I'll try and make a video demonstrating this. Glad you have sorted your radio though.

Tri have in the last month released a cable allowing you to connect real headsets and ptts, this is about $20.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Have you got a link? All I've seen are Z-tactical PTTs which are being sold as compatible with the TRI.

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
        They aren't too much of a pig to set up once you know how, I'll try and make a video demonstrating this. Glad you have sorted your radio though.

Tri have in the last month released a cable allowing you to connect real headsets and ptts, this is about $20.

Comment

I'm not allowed to link to the distributor and Tri don't have them on their site.

Comment

That radio is absolutely awesome ! I need to get one of these ! How long took it for them to arrive Rich83 ??

€: As I live in germany, it would be interesting to know with what kind of charger it came ? Will i need an adapter ? Or does it use a standart DC charger? 220 volts ?
            Last edited by Hardyhard; 29 August, 2013, 04:03.

Comment

I got one of these a couple of days ago and they look and
              Feel great can someone listed the pmr and other frequency so I can make a quick reference card when Programming in the field

Thanks

Comment

does anyone know where to get the programming cable?

also does anyone know how to hop from VFO to memory the book leaves a lot of wondering .........

thanks

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post

Comment

has anyone tried the P-X Modified TRI PRC-152 Radio

it says that:
                  Modified to use with Military headset directly without the impedance problem , loud and clear

Modified Amplify Version, Work with military headset that using dynamic microphone, Like MSA Sordin or Peltor Comtac.

Not working with the headset using electric microphone, Like Bowman,TASC,Element,Z-Tactical or TRI Headset.

http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

Comment

The PX Modded version are fine, but Tri themselves make a cable that costs £15 that acts as an adaptor so you can use real steel kit - it changes the impedance on the mic or speakers... Can't remember which.

Comment

so the PX modded works with real steel PTT u meant?

Comment

I believe so yes. Can't confirm that as a fact. The Toy Soldier version is defo modded to work with the real steel.

Ironically, the standard Tri radio (when used with the LEMO female PTT) works with issued Bowman headsets. I don't know in what quantity they produced these PTTs, or if they are selling them but they sent me one and it works with the British army Bowman radio (PRR/H4855) head sets - I have tested this myself and it works... I also tested Tri's own bowman headset on a real PRR and that works too.

Comment

i just order 1 toysoldier modified prc-152 and 3 P-X modified prc-152

with

RA-OT-002 PTT Wire Adapter for PRC-152 (TRI)
                          RA-OT-017 TCI PTT for PRC-148 / PRC-152
                          For : Real Headset
                          RA-OT-016 Peltor PTT for PRC-148 / PRC-152
                          RA-OT-011 NEXUS U94 PTT for PRC-148 / PRC-152
                          RA-OT-038 U94 PTT NEW Version for PRC-148 / PRC-152 (TRI)

I also emailed to P-X, they said that the peltor real steel won't work.
                          but anyway, I spent about $1500 USD. I'll post review after i get them.
                          not so sure how is gonna turn out.

btw I have a msa sordin, comtac ii and a TEA Davies TASC.

remind me to post a review on it

Comment

I look forward to seeing the comparison between the Toy Soldier and the PX ones. I wonder if they are IPx7 still if they have been modified like my Tri ones?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone got the programming lead yet I wonder? I can't seem to source one anywhere!

Comment

FYI-
                              http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/36..._Write_Up.html

Comment

I don't see the relevance mate - what's the link for?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                                Working...
                                X