2nd Ranger Battalion WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Ranger Battalion WWII

Its less obvious than 101st/82nd but still *massively* overdone if i'm honest whereas a regular US infantry impression looks pretty much just as good.

Comment

very nice!!! Looks great!

I planned a ww2 kit, but I couldn't set my mind to any thing, and ended up with a modern Seal/ individual taste Loadout aha, but somehow picked up a BAR along the way.

With that in mind I have a BAR for sale if anyone wants to head towards a WW or nam loadout aha

Comment

I'd avoid the cut down gaiters - yes some did it but plenty more photos showing them as having been left standard and doing that to originals will only devalue them if you plan to sell them on at some point in the future.

As for jump boots (Corcorans were only one manufacturer during WW2 of the jump boot, numerous companies produced them) it was only a select few companies that wore them into Normandy, plenty wore rough outs and gaiters as per your impression.

If you ever wanted to stray away from the Ranger look, put a 4th Inf Div patch on your left arm (the 4 lost Lts) as they too were issued assualt vests, or if you want to stick with an Omaha style impression the 29th ID also had the assault vest and a very select few had jump boots too - Michel De Trez's new book on Carentan has a photo of 3-4 29 ID GI's and a WarCo photographer and clearly shows the jump boot/29th ID patch.

All I would say to improve is don't wear your shirt buttoned all the way up to the top if it is? The photo makes it look like that at least. Regs state they were to be worn un-button without a neck tie.

Overall though looks really good both for a movie impression and reenactor.
        HK 416
        Sig 226

Geronimo - For God and Country

Zero Fucks Given...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
        Working...
        X